Mage CDs need to be undispellable

Arenas
Multiple mages I know jumping 300 - 500 rating after switching to fire this week but yeah I guess we could make combust undispellable and ruin ladder even more so op can get first 1800 achievement.
10/13/2018 04:05 PMPosted by Bearheart
10/13/2018 03:57 PMPosted by Setback
Why are we the only class left with lackluster defensives

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
10/13/2018 04:21 PMPosted by Bearheart
10/13/2018 04:13 PMPosted by Setback

Bc blazing barrier (purgeable) is amazing right? Fire also has one block? no slows? and takes a million damage with no kiting ability?

Not to mention every offensive and proc is dispellable. Imagine if your main damage procs were purgeable and your ascendance.

Dude, you have temp shield, barrier, cauterize and ice block. You're so entitled it's unreal. I get the offensive CD part but your defensives are far more than fine.

Temp/Barrier purgeable. And everyone and their mom has a purge now and we have zero dispell protection. With no sustain/leech/self heals/on use healing abilities like the majority of specs in WoW have these days I don't see how that is even a fair point when mage has zero mitgation that can't be spam shredded off.

10/13/2018 04:24 PMPosted by Garypal
f all other classes had this ability then fine allow all buffs to be dispellable. But no you can't have spellsteal and non dispellable buffs.

I assume because your a paladin your salty about freedoms/bops. Wings can't be stolen anymore. You realize ALL offensive and DEFENSIVE cds outside Bop/Enhance lust can't be stolen right? Warlock netherward if you wanna count that. We also oom fast stealing anything. Its not like were stealing major defensive and offensive cds off DPS physical/magical every game. Its all unremoveable so whats your point? BOP and enhance lust?

10/13/2018 05:40 PMPosted by Forums
Sure. Give mages plate armor too.

They shouldn't have any weaknesses.

In a game that has done nothing but add more defensives/utilities/purges (Hello everyone plays belf and DH have purge now too) You really don't see the problem with Every class being offensively/defensively immune to purge on cds/procs except mages as fine?

So dispelling offense cds is fine if its a mage? How about heating up? CDS/Shields aside were a class that works off filler spells outside CDs. I don't think you realize/comprehend how punishing it is to dispell something as little as heating up every other GCD to deny basic damage outside filler.

Your bias is showing here.

[quote="207683784447"]You can't expect to have everything in your class. Control, burst, mobility.. also want to get survivalbility and tanking?

How does not wanting our shields/offense cds spam purged have to do with anything you just said? Literally every class in the game is immune to that but us. Funny coming from a WW, which basically was your class until they pruned FoF stun and honor talents. weird.
@Varick not gonna quote response you. Odd a rogue would act confused about mages being the only class vulnerable to purge anymore. Everyone else get added to the immune dont matter table.

you realize since vanilla rogues have gained.

Shadowstep.
Cloak of shadows (used to be 90% but hey lets just make it 100%)
Cheat death
Brief protection during vanish
Short Cd on Evasion
Slow suppresion on Sprint
Vial (lol)
Feint as a defensive cd (used to just be threat reduction)

Mages have gained
(Temporal Shield)

Weird i know

????????????
10/13/2018 06:20 PMPosted by Setback
Odd a rogue would act confused about mages being the only class vulnerable to purge anymore.

Btw i've played mage since tbc. So. Yeah I'm aware.

10/13/2018 06:20 PMPosted by Setback
Weird i know

It's a good thing you guys still have access to cold snap (Frost), roots, slows, high mobility, poly, DB (fire), and the highest instant cast on demand burst in the game. (Frost and Fire)

It's almost like being squishy is the only way they could balance you guys? Oh NO. Your offensive CD got purged when you have the highest level of control available to a caster dps. Now you'll NEVER win. Everything should be handed to you for free!

And yeah, I whispered all my friends past and present when they put Icy Veins on GCD saying "LOL now it's gonna get purged before i even start my 1st cast."

But, still, I support buffs that can be purged. I think all offensive Buff CD's of the flat % increase variety should be able to be purged. Like they used to be.
10/13/2018 06:28 PMPosted by Vãrick
But, still, I support buffs that can be purged. I think all offensive Buff CD's of the flat % increase variety should be able to be purged. Like they used to be.

Which is what i said in my OP.

Everyone should join the mage club on this matter OR make mages immune.

Were the only class in the entirety of world of warcraft that has been left out which is dumb. Bringing up spellsteal is a moot point when we can steal no major offensives or defensives outside of fkin bop. Everyone is------purge immune.
10/13/2018 06:32 PMPosted by Setback

Right.

Which is why I quoted the guy ?????????????ing your questionable statement. "We are the only class left with lackluster defensive cds"

I basically agree with almost everything you said, except maybe trading control for w/e you wanted.

Make Slowfall able to be dispelled again. Give back Dampen magic or something. Give dispel protection. I don't think mage needs better damage.

I think mage needs a new damage source. I'd like to return to casted damage. If we return to casted damage then we can start to comlpain mage lacks defensive cooldowns. Give Wards back. Give Dampen and Amp magic. Give universal cold snap. Give blanket counterspell. Make deep shatter baseline. Remove shimmer give frost deep Give evocation back to frost and fire as a heal. Make mirror images baseline frostbolt bots again.

Give fire blastwave baseline. increase knockback by 25%-40% give fire blazing speed. or cone of cold back.
10/13/2018 06:43 PMPosted by Vãrick
10/13/2018 06:32 PMPosted by Setback

Right.

Which is why I quoted the guy ?????????????ing your questionable statement. "We are the only class left with lackluster defensive cds"

I basically agree with almost everything you said, except maybe trading control for w/e you wanted.

Make Slowfall able to be dispelled again. Give back Dampen magic or something. Give dispel protection. I don't think mage needs better damage.

I think mage needs a new damage source. I'd like to return to casted damage. If we return to casted damage then we can start to comlpain mage lacks defensive cooldowns. Give Wards back. Give Dampen and Amp magic. Give universal cold snap. Give blanket counterspell. Make deep shatter baseline. Remove shimmer give frost deep Give evocation back to frost and fire as a heal. Make mirror images baseline frostbolt bots again.

Give fire blastwave baseline. increase knockback by 25%-40% give fire blazing speed. or cone of cold back.

Which holds true, despite everyone ignoring the rest of post and wanting to jump on the mages OP train. When you look at how many defensives and mitigation/self heals everyone has gained overtime. Mages are the only ones left behind with our same vanilla model. In fact we lost more as you are well aware. Impact stun, deep. Evocation heal. Mirror image slow bots. Fire lost all of its slowing capability, lets not pretend using a hotstreak for a 20% slow is anything but a waste of GCD when melee and the world slow you by a 50% snare.

So yes, mages do have lackluster defensives/mitigation compartively speaking. Everyone has gained something. Better self heals, more defensive cds, the non purgeable kind. Lower cds on those defensives.

Iceblock and cauterize are both very long cds, 4 and 5 mins respectively. Compared to other classes that have on demand self heals, or walls on relatively short CD and up more frequently and all non-purgable. Everyone has gained numerous defensive capabilities with generously low cooldowns ontop of self heals and other mitigations.

So yes mages do have some of the weakest defense capability in the game compared, and have gained nothing but lost the most overtime. Take a look at shimmer everyone cries about. Its needed to keep up with rampant mobility to pull difficult polys. Choosing it over blink? You lose more survivability and defensives because your unable to escape stuns again on an already limited survivability pool.

Lets have a moment of honesty here. Shimmer wouldn't be needed or bothered with if it weren't for other classes gaining more utility, more ranged kicks, more mobility, more psuedos and a billion ways more to stop poly then they once had.

Heck grounding eating all spells for 3 seconds compared to a single spell before? Dhs flying all over the map every 2 seconds rdy to kick the world?

The list goes on on and on. but its a conversation for another time/thread. I agree with everything else you said but being real its prunecraft and we'll never see any of those meaningful changes or redesign. As for your statement earliar, if i was CC'd and saw a mage combust I'd trinket and purge it because its far more impacting and hurtful to remove a 2 minute cd and his major kill window. Fire isn't carrying a game outside of it on his own, the rogue perhaps but not fire.
How exactly are mage CDs easy to purge when you have like 4 hots on you or at least priest shield and fort?
I think just making purge more expensive across the board. Mages spellsteal (minus arcane) feel good. It drains chunks of mana. All classes should be this way (priest, shaman, etc). And I mean like sizable chunk, like how mages spellstealing is. It drains like 20% of your max mana when you purge as a mage. I think as any spec it should be like 15% at least.
give ultimate radiance infinite charges too
I also agree that people complain that mages are so busted/op, but in reality they are just frustrated that we have a spammable cc. Sometimes that CC feels necessary to actually kill anything as mage. I don't know if I'm just bad, but half the time I feel like my burst is easily rotational with enemy defensives. That's if I get polymorph everytime the healer is off DR, I do my comet/storm and flurry proc+icicles and it's like 70k dmg at most. If I have orb/ray I can add those in as well, but it always feels like whatever I'm vs has something to rotate with, whether it be cupid/turbo/rmx/spriest comps/dh+boomy, just feels bad. Maybe it's my teammates not lining up their stuns correctly on kill target when I land a polymorph, or the timings being off during these go's, but I honestly don't see all the hate mages get constantly.

Like seriously, mages only feel actually scary when paired with a good rogue and a druid/priest that know how to play offensive. Mage feels more and more like an offensive support than a dps class these days. I'm fine with it, but it does suck that we get seen as this really op class, when honestly I'd trade all my cc to do DH levels of damage. (Real talk.) Polymorph 1 min cd- sheeps them instantly for 4 seconds. Deep freeze and impact stun that don't break on dmg, and give me reverse magic and 6 blinks. !@#$ yes, I'd trade that for spammable roots and polymorph. Kidding me? Don't forget, to buff my dmg to dh levels, ty blizz.
On topic though, it feels nice to have some counterplay (purges mattering.) That's why I suggested they nerf purge to cost more mana to all specs. AFAIK mages and priests can purge and it costs a decent chunk of mana outside of arcane (Who plays that anymore, though?). And shamans should have their purge be more impactful on their manapool (mainly meaning resto/ele, I think enhance got destroyed on their mana regeneration, so.. ) In addition they should make things like ascendance, rapture, avenging wrath, and metamorphosis be purgable.
10/13/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Ahhfckdeter
Multiple mages I know jumping 300 - 500 rating after switching to fire this week but yeah I guess we could make combust undispellable and ruin ladder even more so op can get first 1800 achievement.

im 2251 in 3s?

I'm also certainly not hiding behind an alt, can you say the same? Nice try on the ratings bash, though it would appear your the only one with something to hide I'm afraid
just cc before you use your cds its so ez
I need to be able to insta purge your combusts before you global my dk partner sorry fam. Also

10/13/2018 08:02 PMPosted by Redxyz
just cc before you use your cds its so ez
Use one of your poly casts :)
10/13/2018 07:48 PMPosted by Medani
I also agree that people complain that mages are so busted/op, but in reality they are just frustrated that we have a spammable cc. Sometimes that CC feels necessary to actually kill anything as mage. I don't know if I'm just bad, but half the time I feel like my burst is easily rotational with enemy defensives. That's if I get polymorph everytime the healer is off DR, I do my comet/storm and flurry proc+icicles and it's like 70k dmg at most. If I have orb/ray I can add those in as well, but it always feels like whatever I'm vs has something to rotate with, whether it be cupid/turbo/rmx/spriest comps/dh+boomy, just feels bad. Maybe it's my teammates not lining up their stuns correctly on kill target when I land a polymorph, or the timings being off during these go's, but I honestly don't see all the hate mages get constantly.

Like seriously, mages only feel actually scary when paired with a good rogue and a druid/priest that know how to play offensive. Mage feels more and more like an offensive support than a dps class these days. I'm fine with it, but it does suck that we get seen as this really op class, when honestly I'd trade all my cc to do DH levels of damage. (Real talk.) Polymorph 1 min cd- sheeps them instantly for 4 seconds. Deep freeze and impact stun that don't break on dmg, and give me reverse magic and 6 blinks. !@#$ yes, I'd trade that for spammable roots and polymorph. Kidding me? Don't forget, to buff my dmg to dh levels, ty blizz.

ya there's this feeling and then there's the feeling of playing against a mage and be completely wrecking their team and they land one poly on the healer and they win
10/13/2018 07:48 PMPosted by Sanakanx
give ultimate radiance infinite charges too

DK player would think this is a similar argument
That’s really low for a Mage tbh
Dumbest thing I’ve seen today