Savage Roar?

Druid
Do people genuinely enjoy this as a finisher even with +energy Regen or can we FINALLY let it die?

I get that it's gameplay but now's the time if we want to aim for better gameplay over the same old slice and dice.
Why not just add your thoughts to the conversation about this on the already made thread?
I have hated it since day one.

The idea of energy regen is a last minute, half assed fix for a broken system that needs an overhaul.
There are 2 other options for you to choose if you don't like it.

I don't think anyone is really opposed to putting something "better" there, but what is your idea?
Is there a thread solely on Roar already? My B if so.

Issue with the other 2 abilities being, whether or not those 2 abilities will be relevant after the energy Regen addition.

What I would replace with? I like the idea of something that dynamicly speeds up bleeds X amount of tics, be it from shred/shred's crits or ferocious bite.

I do like jagged wounds as well, but vs roar what I'd like to see is something making bleeds genuinely more interesting vs generic increase to white damage.
The 10% energy regen will hardly be noticable, would be cool if savage roar turned into a group buff or something. Maybe then we would be desired for m+.
Savage roar is stupid and only serves the purpose of complicating the rotation for the sake of complicating it. We have plenty of stuff on our "to do" list without it.
Savage Roar : Finishing move that increases energy regeneration by 10% and causes your attacks/ autoattacks (more ST and in case attacks is OP) to force bleeds on targets hit to tick for x% of damage/remanining dmg
10/16/2018 08:15 PMPosted by Mythya
Savage Roar : Finishing move that increases energy regeneration by 10% and causes your attacks/ autoattacks (more ST and in case attacks is OP) to force bleeds on targets hit to tick for x% of damage/remanining dmg

That's still static, I'd rather see something more dynamicly advancing bleed tics forcing us to decide to reapply a bleed or bite, or aoe finisher
10/17/2018 06:42 AMPosted by Dewclawz
10/16/2018 08:15 PMPosted by Mythya

That's still static, I'd rather see something more dynamicly advancing bleed tics forcing us to decide to reapply a bleed or bite, or aoe finisher

SoTF is supposed to be a passive buff while INC is supposed to be an burst CD

With the introduction of Primal wrath, both of these can contribute to our ST and our AoE

SR is supposed to be the inbetween, and should probably be closer to Slice n Dice for rouges. It's practically the same ability. Actually it should be something like:

Finishing move that increases tick rate of all bleeds on targets within earshot of your roar by X% (replacing Jagged wounds) and energy regeneration rate by 15% while in Cat Form. Lasts longer per combo point

Then SoTF could be the passive and easy choice for any playstyle, SR can be the more interactive talent built towards bleeds, and INC can be the burst talent that favors WF shred/big bite burst builds.

The more dynamic a talent is the easier it is to become broken, like blood talons.
I always thought Savage roar was one of those abilities that needed to be pruned like a lot of other set-up abilities were pruned among other classes.
There are very few abilities where you have to build/spend Two resources; 5 combo points, and use 30 energy, deals no damage on usage, and lasts 36 or so seconds before having to hinder your dps again after 30 seconds to build up 5 combo points and spare another 30 energy, while also trying to keep track of BT/TF buffed Rip cycle.

Blizz had removed much of those kinds abilities that caused bottle-necking on resources among other classes by either baking the ability into the rotation, or reworking them so they didn't interrupt an already delicate rotation that can utterly ruin your dps average if you mess up the procs/timed cooldowns.

imo Savage roar feels like a thing unchanged by nostalgia. Savage roar is a longer lasting Tiger's fury that costs 30 energy as opposed to rewarding 20 energy. (edit: I forgot to add It also eats a 5 combo use that does no damage and could have otherwise been used to refresh a rip (since Rips dot timer usually expires around then too, creating gaps between your rotation unless you time it perfectly.)
Add it too bite after biting somthing you roar. In kitty glory increasing dmg simple
Not to derail the thread, but I was dipping into feral today during questing and I couldn’t help but wonder if it was be viable to make feral mastery more like resto. Increase damage of finishers or damage in general based on the amount of bleeds on target.

Currently as I’m looking at it, there’s Rake, Rip, Thrash and Feral Frenzy if talented. It’s obvious that Feral Frenzy and Sabertooth would most likely be taken 100% of the time if that happen. Idk how it would fair with energy regen as you have to weave between them all and seeing how you can’t have feral frenzy up 100% of the time, they could just extend the bleed time to 12 or 15 so there’s a better burst window.

Just an idea I had. Dunno if it’s already been pitched.
I would be down for savage roar gaining a sort of JW passive to it. Making mobs within a certain distance have increased tick rate on bleeds while increasing our energy regeneration. It would fit thematically by simulating a targets increase in heart rate due to a savage roar thus causing them to bleed out faster. This way it's an active thing youd try to get up asap After getting all your bleeds up, but wouldn't cause issues with the rotation by shortening the actual duration of the bleed.

I still think some type of ability that allowed us to instantly hit for a portion of total bleed damage left on a target like warlocks would be awesome. Some modifier to FB would prob do the trick. This way youd get rewarded for pooling energy just before you rip so you can quickly build up to your FB without much time in between
Lol make it 25% energy regen and I will come back to the table. Or just make it a passive, gotta buff the other 2 or nerf it dmg %
I personally enjoy savage roar over something like blood talons.

Savage Roar - Everything hits harder, and more energy to hit things with. Don't let this drop off or your dps goes to !@#$.

Blood Talons- Cast a heal, get a buff that makes 2 next abilities hit harder, don't mess up and heal to early in rotation or use on the wrong abilities or your dps goes to %^-*.
Blood Talons is a decision you there for are making and gives you the option in the end of the fight to heal or prolong that heal to do more damage, Savage roar is "easier" in that regard, just boring...I'd rather Bite a boss at 2% than have to Roar again before I do.

Also instead of changing it I'd rather it just be gutted. Personal preference.