"Guys playing female characters is weird"

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 Next
10/16/2018 01:39 PMPosted by Lightwood
By the same token... Am I weird for being a girl who plays guy characters?

Belfs don't have makes.
Problem solved.
10/16/2018 10:06 PMPosted by Gibbseye
It's how we are raised by our parents/society. Men do men things, and women do women things. It's supposedly a clear cut line. When someone crosses it, everyone loses their !@#$.

Yep. A LOT of people get massively confused, and tend to react rather foolishly when confronted by those who decide that "boy are blue and girls are pink" isn't really a valid reason to dictate what they like and don't like.

Just ask any Brony.

(And on that note, a sufficiently angry Twilight Sparkle could kick the butt of almost any mage on Azeroth.)
Nothing wrong with playing female characters. But if you put them in a !@#$ mog and RP as one. Then you're weird.
72 genders!
I play both because some variety as they say is the spice of life.

If all I played were all males or the same race , the game would become extremely boring.
Why? I like playing attractive female character, is that weird? I pay for it, i can play whatever i want
Yeah..it’s weird. At some level you’re ok with representing yourself as a female or envisioning yourself as such.
Something something starting at butts
Because it's a rolelaying game. You roleplay a chick when you're a dude. That's strange.
What are you 12? Girls still have some kind of disease you’re scared of ?

It literally a game and it’s simply eye candy. If you don’t enjoy watching some beefed up Tauren that is extremely way too big. Why not do the female which seems to be a bit more slim.

Once again it’s a game
If a man playing a female avatar bothers you then that means you are scared that you are attracted to a man and you are not secure in your sexuality. My advice is seek out a therapist and talk your issues out. Come out of the closet and you’ll be happier.
Playing female characters is fine, I don't particularly enjoy playing femalr characters because my characters are usually inspired in myself but ao can see the charm.

However, roleplaying a female character can get very weird very quickly if done wrong.
10/18/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Lohokk
Because it's a rolelaying game. You roleplay a chick when you're a dude. That's strange.

No. That's playing a role. Role-play.
Frankly I see threads like this one more than I see people actually saying guys are weird for playing female chars. I don't think you need to feel so defensive.
Guys rolling female toons has always weirded me out. A lot of people find it weird. You want to get mad at people skeeved out by it, you'll be mad for a long time.

There's a creeper stigma to it that goes back to Vanilla. Back then, a lot of guys that rolled chick toons were creepers. Vanilla was new and novel, and guys wanted to meet RL women on it. "Hey...wanna group for this elite.....what's your name? Oh! you're a girl! What city do you live in?" So women stayed the hell away from male toons. So the creepers started rolling female ones under the guise of it being easier to get help.
10/16/2018 01:45 PMPosted by Mooncherries
I make female characters for the free stuff. Nothing weird about that.

^ That

My bud played a NE Huntress from late Vanilla through most of Cata. He got so much free loot it was creepy.

He laughed all the way to the bank.
10/18/2018 09:26 AMPosted by Waidmann
I play both because some variety as they say is the spice of life.

If all I played were all males or the same race , the game would become extremely boring.

This, I have a character of every standard race on both factions and almost a perfect 50/50 gender split. (Except Pandaren.)

When you have 24+ characters between 100-120 it makes sense to not have them all look like you or be the same race or gender. At least it does to me. Variety is awesome in a game like this.
Roleplay...

Race: Sure!
Appearance: Why not!
Profession: Definitely!
Skills/abilities: Yep
Place & Time: It's required!
Sex: You weirdo!