Blizzard needs to break the raider.io addon

General Discussion
You only getting points if you make the top 500 leaderboard is completely toxic and really screws players that can't play early in the week. This addon is used to exclude a lot of the player base from pick up groups. Please break it.
Nope.
Raider.io is fine. Blizz simply needs to increase the amount of data available via the api

10/16/2018 02:35 PMPosted by Vexilian
This addon is used to exclude a lot of the player base from pick up groups.

I disagree. The addon is used to give group creators more information when deciding who to invite to their groups, thus maximizing their chances of success.

But dont worry, this thread will quickly get responses from people with no relevant mythic+ experience claiming its raider.io stopping them from routinely 3 chesting +10s
Nope, it works perfectly fine. Even if it gets broken it will be replaced the same day with a way to filter out bad players
The game is on life support this is the least of our worries
Nah it's fine. People that get behind can make their own groups.
The addon is using the only information available to it. If blizzard increased the size of the mythic+ boards raider.io could log more runs.
It works great for me
You only getting points if you make the top 500 leaderboard is completely toxic

That isn't what toxic means.
If they could fix their addon i'd settle for that. Because i changed my name i no longer get my runs attributed to me. I contacted them and well i get this.

**automated response**
"There is a bug with the Blizzard API where after you transfer to a new server or rename your character that new Mythic+ runs may get registered to your old character name/server rather than your new name/server. When this happens the data will sit on that old character in "limbo", because the character no longer exists in the API where we are able to request it.

We have a workaround that we plan to implement that will help mitigate these problems until Blizzard can implement a proper fix."

Ok, sure but when? I'm missing out on 2 chested 10s and likely a 3rd for this week. Raider.io being the gatekeeping addon that it is... its not giving me a score and since everyone who does 10s uses it, they are not seeing the proper score.
Good lord, get off this kick.

There is no way to "break" raider.io because the only thing it goes in game is display information from a downloaded file unless you turn off the ability for all addons to display information.

Blizzard is under no obligation to get your +10 weekly chest just because you can't get into groups; a resourceful person could easily find in various communities to complete a +10 instead of just using group finder.
Raider.io is working as intended if having a low score is getting you declined from groups.

The only reason they should remove raider io is if native support for seeing someone's m+ history is added to the game.
10/16/2018 02:44 PMPosted by Mahomie
The game is on life support this is the least of our worries

LOTRO is on life support WoW isn't anywhere close to that. It's still the top revenue grossing MMO.

Raider.io is fine. You can always make your own group.
To be quite frank, even someone with high io scores can suck. It's a tool that logs what the character has done, regardless of how skilled the player is. Nothing more.
10/16/2018 02:40 PMPosted by Annastasi
Raider.io is fine. Blizz simply needs to increase the amount of data available via the api

This addon is used to exclude a lot of the player base from pick up groups.

I disagree. The addon is used to give group creators more information when deciding who to invite to their groups, thus maximizing their chances of success.

But dont worry, this thread will quickly get responses from people with no relevant mythic+ experience claiming its raider.io stopping them from routinely 3 chesting +10s

Only thing I have to add here is that there is no incentive to beat the +3 timer on a 10 if you only care about the weekly chest, the only difference at that point is whether you finish within the timer or not since you get an extra drop by finishing within the timer.
Needs to give credit for what you've done, not top 500. Either break the addon or give credit where its due
10/16/2018 03:02 PMPosted by Vexilian
Needs to give credit for what you've done, not top 500. Either break the addon or give credit where its due

I'm trying to figure out where this top 500 thing is coming from. What are you referring to because you can look at thousands of people in one category who's done a M+ from the start of the season.
The site actively tells you the bare minimum you need to run and it only fills up quickly if you're on a popular server. If you're having issues with your score, your best bet is to run the dungeon you're missing and to try and redo the tens you're missing.

Do that King's rest and redo those Tol Dagor and Siege keys and you got yourself a 1k score and those dungeons should place fairly easily. Zul'jin is a smaller server than I currently have and I managed to break 1k last week despite the servers filling rather quickly.
Get a dedicated 5 man group and raider.io is dead