This weeks entirely impossible m+ modifiers

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
If I don't hear this is hotfixed by tomorrow I will be surprised honestly. I don't know if it's the combination with grievous but this is absolutely ridiculous. I've never had this much trouble. I like to think that I'm at least a half way decent healer. The higher keys, which I've done easily in past weeks, are impossible. There will be no key progression this week.

I even tried switching to holy (dear god) halfway between both +10 sots and +11 wm (which every one left midway through).

Ridiculous.
I just healed a 9 waycrest in time and boy was that rough. I was doing 20-30k HPS most pulls and had to stop to drink constantly. I was pretty good at minimizing stacks of grievous but occasionally people all decided to take a dip in the pools and !@#$ hit the fan immediately.

Not going to stop foot in much more M+ this week I don't think. Compared to last week which pretty much had 0 mechanics it's looking rough.

Good luck healers, you're going to need it.
10/16/2018 10:44 PMPosted by Pwncess
I just healed a 9 waycrest in time and boy was that rough. I was doing 20-30k HPS most pulls and had to stop to drink constantly. I was pretty good at minimizing stacks of grievous but occasionally people all decided to take a dip in the pools and !@#$ hit the fan immediately.

Not going to stop foot in much more M+ this week I don't think. Compared to last week which pretty much had 0 mechanics it's looking rough.

Good luck healers, you're going to need it.
Yeah it’s pretty nasty this week. If your tank doesn’t position mobs properly it’s pretty common your groups are gonna be running through long hallways of sanguine which just starts getting the grievous train rolling. It’s an especially nasty affix coupled with some fights such as the witches in waycrest since they have their own grievous-like mechanic that’s already pretty tough without big heal cds. It’s certainly not a week for pugging.
This week is basically a write-off. Some of the trash packs just relentlessly apply grievous stacks with high damage attacks while preventing you from standing still to catch up. It's not even a fun challenge most of the time, it's just over the top.

Far too much effort for far too little fun.
- tank self-sustain is crap even for blood dk compared to legion
- dps self-sustain is crap across the board
- way too much unavoidable multi target burst damage both from trash and bosses
- even at 370 your heals heal for crap compared to people's health bars
Ya the biggest issue for grievous is the percent of health pool we do with heals isn’t the same as it was in legion.

In legion a holy priest holy word serenity would do half the health pool of a tank and a full health pool of Dps. In bfa a holy word serenity will do a third of a tanks health pool and just over a half of a dps health pool.

Therefore making grievious 2 to 3 times harder.

All ready told my guildies who I do m+ with. That I am doing my ten and that is it this week under the current iteration of grievious. It’s just not fun. I pay to play the game because I have fun playing it.
I had a superbly frustrating time with grievous last night. We did 3 keys -- 10 ML, 9UR, and 9KR. When we were done, I said that I might not do anymore this week.

It was beyond frustrating. My tools felt inadequate.

What I'd change:
-- Grievous drops out of combat, just like necrotic.
-- BUG FIX: When the dungeon has completed, drop all grievous stacks. This bug has persisted since Legion.
-- Change the percentages. Maybe don't start it until 75%? I don't know, but change something.

I've considered going holy, but the tank I usually run with sent me a discussion on Reddit where it's a general healing problem, not specific to discipline.

I love M+ so so much and will run any key with any guildy, but I don't know about this week. >.< I may need to "go wash my hair". :D
Upgraded a +9 thought, "Hey not too bad" then +10 motherloade was not fun. BUT, tyrannical is worse for pugging if you don't have a full friend/guild group because certain boss can be a complete roadblock you can't grind though like trash.
10/17/2018 10:48 AMPosted by Taree
I had a superbly frustrating time with grievous last night. We did 3 keys -- 10 ML, 9UR, and 9KR. When we were done, I said that I might not do anymore this week.

It was beyond frustrating. My tools felt inadequate.

What I'd change:
-- BUG FIX: When the dungeon has completed, drop all grievous stacks. This bug has persisted since Legion.
-- Change the percentages. Maybe don't start it until 75%? I don't know, but change something.

I've considered going holy, but the tank I usually run with sent me a discussion on Reddit where it's a general healing problem, not specific to discipline.

I love M+ so so much and will run any key with any guildy, but I don't know about this week. >.< I may need to "go wash my hair". :D

I tried both holy and disc and found it much easier to deal with as disc. Might be because I am rusty as holy. Either way not a fun week, hair might indeed need lots of washing
Grievous so far has been a giant pain and I give all the kudos to all of us who've done this mess.

I've only done three ADs so far this week, one 8 and two 9s and completed each of them in time, and as holy at that. But there were definitely some dicey spots that I will gladly, happily never want to do again.

Volkaal? He can go die in a fire. He's more than do-able, though I'm now even more hesitant to go into any of the already healing intensive instances on high keys. Waycrest with Triad and Shrine with Galecaller do not sound appealing at all, and from this thread so far I'm all the more convinced. I welcome the challenge but, yikes, high keys the way the affixes are currently.... :(

What I'd change:

I would be so here for something like this. The fact that the bug hasn't been fixed yet is...not good.
Iv done 2 +7s on my DH (dps) and there is no way I am stepping foot into any dungeon as a healer this week. In fact I wont be going back on my DH either. I'll do my Uldir runs for my 2 characters and the rest will be back to real life time :) Which is a shame as I was starting to really get into higher keys on my priest.
I am actually scared to heal the trash before the second boss in AD and the second boss on a high key.... that poison debuff is already hard as heck to heal through as a holy pally. I will probably have to pop wings during the totem phase. Although with it being fortified and not tyrannical maybe a little less horrible? Either way, wish me luck!

I love mythic+ but I am tired of internally raging and it's not fun but I love playing with my friends/guildies so I will do my best. I think if our group tonight goes badly though... I will not heal anymore this week. I did a 10 already and that's good enough for me.
The issue this week with discipline is that it goes against the way our class is supposed to be played.

We're not meant to be shadowmend spamming while using Radiance, Radiance, Shadow Covenant to heal people. But this is the only way to play disc this week.

Atonement does nothing this week and it is what the class is centered around -- doing damage to heal. Sure, we have shields but let's be real, an unraptured pw:s is a waste of mana and absorbs like half a hit in mythic+. Either make disc do 40% more damage to even remotely be able to remotely heal people out of the 90% health danger zone, or make it so that shields contribute to the affix threshold somehow aside from a damage soak.
10/17/2018 11:44 PMPosted by Fendris
The issue this week with discipline is that it goes against the way our class is supposed to be played.

We're not meant to be shadowmend spamming while using Radiance, Radiance, Shadow Covenant to heal people. But this is the only way to play disc this week.

Atonement does nothing this week and it is what the class is centered around -- doing damage to heal. Sure, we have shields but let's be real, an unraptured pw:s is a waste of mana and absorbs like half a hit in mythic+. Either make disc do 40% more damage to even remotely be able to remotely heal people out of the 90% health danger zone, or make it so that shields contribute to the affix threshold somehow aside from a damage soak.

What keys are you healing? I think shadow covenant is a trap this week, especially out of combat. If it doesn't heal people back from grievous you have to heal through the absorb as well.

Now I only did a 10 so don't know how well this translates to higher keys, but I went schism/MB/sins and was just really aggressively keeping atonements up and trying to avoid people from dropping low to begin with. At times it was better to shadow mend a person who had 1 stack and get him out of the grievous range than start healing the lower health target with 5 stacks just so wasn't too badly behind.

Had to tell people to eat between pulls and spam shadow mend more than I'd like to and it was tough. And honestly it does require a lot of group support as well, can't take extra damage and preferably have a hybrid who can pop some heals between pulls to help out. And a tank who won't charge into the next pack with 50% health and 5 stacks of grievous.
[quote="207683289364"]And honestly it does require a lot of group support as well, can't take extra damage and preferably have a hybrid who can pop some heals between pulls to help out. And a tank who won't charge into the next pack with 50% health and 5 stacks of grievous.

This! So much! I am sick to death of tanks not looking at their stacks and the group stacks. Please, for the love of god, if you're a tank either listen to your healers or get an addon that shows you the stacks of grievous or something!!! I am done with high keys this week because it's pissing me off and making me angry over doing something that I normally enjoy.
I had a trip through +12 TOS. We did reasonably well, only wiping once.

Until the last boss. You know, the easy one. The loot pinata. The boss I've never even had trouble on, even on tyrannical.

We wiped, and the group disbanded over it. AE damage + toads + healing demands were way, way too much.

Grievous is just another thing that Blizzard's intern team that designed this expansion never bothered to think about. It's terrible. I'm 1250 rating. I need 13s to push, and frankly I'm not sure I can find a group that can do 11s this week. Too much drinking, too much AE damage, and sanguine has a good chance to tick on melee sooner or later.