As predicted! Disc isn't OP as all thought.

Priest
Everyone who mains disc and reads this knows I am right. Ne1 who disagrees is just a disc priest hater who wants to see the spec burn to the ground.
10/17/2018 10:09 AMPosted by Flashelas
I think OP meant to say that Disc is proactive; It's probably the worst reactive healer. Disc shines when you know the fight and know when you absolutely need Atonement rolling on everybody, vs when only a couple or few people need it so you can focus instead on increasing your damage and throughput. In particular, Disc has to know when the burn phases of the fight are since that is when their healing is going to shoot up as well.
This is the paradox of MMO balancing. If a spec is trash at low skill levels but godly at high skill levels what do you do? If you nerf it then the lower players claim "dead spec" and the good players know it's just well balanced. If they buff the spec then low level players think it's fine and higher end players know only want that spec. The sad truth is it's always best to balance around the top end as everyone is going to be moving up as they get gear.

It doesn't matter if one spec required 10 times the skill of another to do equal numbers, what matters is that in the end the numbers are close to equal. If your spec takes that much more it doesn't mean you have the right to be that much better on the meter that's not how MMO's or any game with multiple classes work. You just get to know that your that much better a player then the others.
10/17/2018 10:39 AMPosted by Michaelsog
Everyone who mains disc and reads this knows I am right. Ne1 who disagrees is just a disc priest hater who wants to see the spec burn to the ground.

Incorrect. So very incorrect :)

~Lil
Also, the reason there are so many disc priests at the top of the charts is because they take up 12% of the class population. If you had 12% of druids you would see a whole bunch of druids at the top.
10/17/2018 10:49 AMPosted by Lillin
10/17/2018 10:39 AMPosted by Michaelsog

~Lil

~Mic
10/17/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Dawnshadow
Every time the patch notes get you down I have a little song for you, always makes me feel better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c54PbMfCs48

That's an awesome vid, Dawnshadow. Put a smile on my face. Thanks for sharing.
10/17/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Michaelsog
<span class="truncated">...</span>

~Lil

~Mic
Any time someone says, " Ne1 who disagrees..." is a sign of being close minded. Just be careful
Disc at 110 with 8.0 scaling and 30-35% was awesome, but soon as you rolled 120 all that haste went to 10-12%, now with most of the heroic raid haste gear I’m around 15-16% and it still feels clunky

Especially with other classes healing similar numbers with minimal effort compared to disc
@OP

Wow! It is not a discussion, just whining, if you cannot listen to the other folks talking in a thread. If all you wanted to do was complain, just say so in your original post and people will be less likely to argue. If you believe you are trying to start a nuanced conversation you will have to accept that others also play the spec and may disagree. They may even have valid points that could enlighten you to another side of an issue. You will never know when you make statements that start with "NE1 who disagrees is...".
<span class="truncated">...</span>

~Mic
Any time someone says, " Ne1 who disagrees..." is a sign of being close minded. Just be careful

1+1=2=1+1=0+2=.5+.5+.5+.5 Ne1 who disagrees is wrong and never went to class in school. I think I just proved you wrong. Looks like your ideaology makes you the closed minded one hahaha, muahahaha.
All I'm saying is I healed the Heartsbane Triad on a mythic + 14 Tyrannical and I barely did it while using every CD I had at 374 ilvl. With these nerfs I don't think I would be able to do it again with the same ilvl. Some places we are OP and other places we aren't. I fully agree we are OP in raiding and pvp but I don't agree that we are OP in mythic +. Our throughput isn't as high as the other healers in mythic + and you need really good throughput for some of those bosses regardless of how good you are.
10/17/2018 11:18 AMPosted by Michaelsog

1+1=2=1+1=0+2=.5+.5+.5+.5 Ne1 who disagrees is wrong and never went to class in school. I think I just proved you wrong. Looks like your ideaology makes you the closed minded one hahaha, muahahaha.
Thing you have stated here is not math at all, just opinions you have pushed as facts.

10/17/2018 02:48 AMPosted by Michaelsog
With some number crunching towards higher item levels you can clearly see discs aren't as OP as everyone thought.
Where is the math for this? Link the equations used for gear that doesn't exist yet and traits on future gear.

Sure disc priest throw out some good healing numbers but that is because they are a reactive class meaning you have to plan ahead. So the only reason you see them beating out other healers is because well. they are planning ahead and basically healing the team asap which means less healing for the other healers.
This is an opinion, and a false one at that. Disc's "over poweredness" stems from mythic raiding. I stopped mythic raiding in Legion but when your raiding mythic you don't generally see the extremely bad players. (I say generally because at the start of Legion the guild I was in had two shadow priest in Emerald Nightmare that were always the bottom of the meter ever with S2M). At a high level ALL healers plan their healing ahead of time, the difference is disc HAS to.

Not only that but what people are being shown are basically top tiered players playing with other players that basically do not mess up mechanics 99% of the time.
again doesn't matter, the game has to be balanced around the top end. If one spec played at 99% is 20% or 30% better it has to be nerfed for the balance of the game. If they don't then Mythic raids for example are going to be balanced around top raids using that spec, which then means ALL raids HAVE to have them

You haven't shown math, you push your opinion as a fact and then attack those that disagree with you.
Of course we have the math. I wouldn't post if it was just opinions. Just find the way gear scales and there you go... you can now figure out what Ilvl 500 stats are. Keep going from there and no I will not post my math to you guys because it's my work and not yours.

The reactive comment is not a opinion it is a fact... you know nothing about what you r talking about by saying this so I stopped reading the rest of what you posted... sry. Not worth my time.
10/17/2018 11:43 AMPosted by Michaelsog
Of course we have the math. I wouldn't post if it was just opinions.
People talk all the time out having "proof" but never show it. You haven't shown anything, just claimed you did the math and everyone else is wrong.
Just find the way gear scales and there you go... you can now figure out what Ilvl 500 stats are. Keep going from there and no I will not post my math to you guys because it's my work and not yours.
So your response is, "go do your research?" That means you don't have the math, it's just a opinion.

The reactive comment is not a opinion it is a fact... you know nothing about what you r talking about by saying this so I stopped reading the rest of what you posted... sry. Not worth my time.
If you believe only disc priest are the only healer that thinks about damage before it comes out then you do not understand what it means to be a healer. Stay with heroic where you can be carried and bad play isn't punished as bad and leave the game design to the devs
I am a game dev. Trying to save you guys. Your opinion of me not having any math is only your opinion. You have no proof that I have no math done.
10/17/2018 12:10 PMPosted by Michaelsog
I am a game dev. Trying to save you guys.

I think we are done here. No need to fib.
10/17/2018 12:16 PMPosted by Fleathulhu
10/17/2018 12:10 PMPosted by Michaelsog
I am a game dev. Trying to save you guys.

I think we are done here. No need to fib.

I'm no fibster. You can go if you don't believe. Not my problem. Take your fibbishing fib of a mid bif with you on the way out please. It's your fault for not knowing who I am a game dev for. Cry me a river.. woah, you're dead and... Gone Woah, what yall gonna do once I be leaving! Woah. I'll nerf every class just to have you ba ba ba believing.
Stop feeding the troll. He's amusing himself getting a rise out of you.