General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
Rogues are only a pawn...
Laughs in Spectral Sight
10/19/2018 01:40 PMPosted by Azrael
Laughs in Spectral Sight
laughs with while using camo and flare.
10/19/2018 01:20 AMPosted by Tadkins
- You can never get revenge against one and you can never hunt one down. And you only look foolish for trying.

- They pick all of their fights. They never have to fight something they don't want to.

- If there was ever an all-out war between the classes, the rogues would win simply by waiting.

- They bypass all the unnecessary crap when questing and are the most efficient class for getting just about anything done.

- They've always had a good, viable spec option for both PvE and PvP. They have never had a bad time in this game.

- Thematically, they just have so many options. You can be a pirate, an assassin, a ninja, a smuggler, a thug, a bandit, a swashbuckler, and so much more.

- Lorewise, they get down and dirty where no one else will, and they profit like crazy doing so. They literally rob people just for fun and never suffer any consequences for it.

- They decide who run things, and they decide when their time is up. In Legion they sat under the noses of the mages doing their work. They are basically Azeroth's Illuminati.

- They are the only class that can make a living hunting smack dab in the middle of your most secure capital cities.

Just the way I see things. Feel free to try and prove me wrong but they do have quite the case. :)

When I jump on someone in the open world I actually feel bad sometimes.

It's like "yeah this guy's gonna die and he didn't even have a chance."

:(
Rouge*
10/19/2018 01:14 PMPosted by Tadkins
You don't think a rogue can go out on a quest and put together a dagger that could damage gods and demons?

Has never been done.

The most close like encounter would be Broxigar using the cenarion enchated axe to wound Sargeras but even that was just a tiny scratch on his foot, not enough to kill.
Yep. We're the most unsavory bunch of thugs, criminals, pirates, hoodlums, swindlers, burglars, pick-pockets, robbers, thieves, scoundrels, and renegades around.

We'll steal your pants during conversation and leave you in your underwear, totally oblivious until you feel a breeze. By then, we're already gone away with your dignity.
10/19/2018 02:15 PMPosted by Slamqueén
10/19/2018 01:14 PMPosted by Tadkins
You don't think a rogue can go out on a quest and put together a dagger that could damage gods and demons?

Has never been done.

The most close like encounter would be Broxigar using the cenarion enchated axe to wound Sargeras but even that was just a tiny scratch on his foot, not enough to kill.

There are greater powers in the universe than Broxigar, and Cenarius.

It would no doubt be a long, arduous quest, but anything is possible.
rogue
/rōɡ/Submit
noun
a dishonest or unprincipled man.
"you are a rogue and an embezzler"
synonyms: scoundrel, villain, miscreant, reprobate, rascal, good-for-nothing, ne'er-do-well, wretch; More

So rogues being what rogues are by definition. Why do you sadness.
10/19/2018 02:18 PMPosted by Zoega
Why do you sadness.

I was sad when I was still playing a mage and serving as your prey. I am happy now as a rogue and a predator. xD

The other day I was doing some archaeology leveling on my new rogue. He was around 80ish at the time. I ended up in Hillsbrad doing that long and annoying fossil bank (y'all fellow diggers know the one...) when a 120 gnome monk came up to me. It was clear that he intended to mess with me, if not eventually kill me. Was CCing me, tap-lightning'ing me to prevent mounting, spamming emotes, etc.

So what did I do? I blinded him, and vanished. He trinket'ed and tried to Ring of Peace an area he thought I fled to, but failed. I got away from this scary 120 dude as a level 80 rogue. It honestly feels very, very good not being bullied by other players anymore.
They wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and know they are a Rogue. That is revenge enough.
ROGUES RISE UP
Yep. We're the most unsavory bunch of thugs, criminals, pirates, hoodlums, swindlers, burglars, pick-pockets, robbers, thieves, scoundrels, and renegades around.

We'll steal your pants during conversation and leave you in your underwear, totally oblivious until you feel a breeze. By then, we're already gone away with your dignity.

I steal pants and add them to my name
flare.
and you can never hunt one down

Try using Blackened Worg Steak. Stealth isn't as good when you can see them on your minimap.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=42997/blackened-worg-steak

From there you macro

#showtooltip
/cleartarget
/targetenemyplayer
/cast [your instant ranged cast requiring a target]

and spam it.

Happy Hunting!

edit: added "ranged"
10/19/2018 02:57 PMPosted by Jamalia
Try using Blackened Worg Steak. Stealth isn't as good when you can see them on your minimap.

I'm familiar with that food, but I didn't think it shows people in stealth. I would figure their dot would pop up on the minimap only when you're right next to them, the same way you can see a very close rogue in stealth anyway.
so i once triggered a rogue to stalk me around vol'dun, he became a bounty as he found me, and everyone started chasing him... was funny.
10/19/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Therric
- You can never get revenge against one and you can never hunt one down. And you only look foolish for trying.

- They pick all of their fights. They never have to fight something they don't want to.

- If there was ever an all-out war between the classes, the rogues would win simply by waiting.

- They bypass all the unnecessary crap when questing and are the most efficient class for getting just about anything done.

- They've always had a good, viable spec option for both PvE and PvP. They have never had a bad time in this game.

- Thematically, they just have so many options. You can be a pirate, an assassin, a ninja, a smuggler, a thug, a bandit, a swashbuckler, and so much more.

- Lorewise, they get down and dirty where no one else will, and they profit like crazy doing so. They literally rob people just for fun and never suffer any consequences for it.

- They decide who run things, and they decide when their time is up. In Legion they sat under the noses of the mages doing their work. They are basically Azeroth's Illuminati.

- They are the only class that can make a living hunting smack dab in the middle of your most secure capital cities.

Just the way I see things. Feel free to try and prove me wrong but they do have quite the case. :)

When I jump on someone in the open world I actually feel bad sometimes.

It's like "yeah this guy's gonna die and he didn't even have a chance."

:(

Given that the Rogues, in 90% of the situation, DO HAVE THE OPENER ADVANTAGE, their damage output needs to be reduced at least for the opener. It is ridiculous that you start fights with rogues with 50-75% hp without even knowing what hit you or without having time to react. They start with a massive damage output and 2 stuns right from the start. You don't even know this is about to happen. Like... what? How does this make any sense? Damage coming out of stealth should suffer a loss. There should be a penalty for going into stealth and coming out to do massive damage immediately.
roll hunter, barbed shot sticks through bleed removals. one barbed shot is all it takes to take away his fun :)
We are pretty great aren’t we