Thank you for listening and responding to a problem in the game, Blizzard.

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
As a huge fan, I can confidently say, a step in the right direction, the fun direction, is very healthy when looking at the state of the game. I can confidently say that most of the player base thanks you for the implementation of gear vendors. The implementation of currency that can be targeted and then gained by a player, depending on that player's work ethic and time spent grinding at the task at hand. This is a giant improvement to the game. Gigantic step or two in the right direction. The direction of fun. The direction of goal setting. It's perfect. It's what I've wanted. It's what so many other people have wanted. It's this kind of improvement that gains players' respect, it improves Blizzard's numbers, it makes the game exponentially more fun.

Thank you, Blizzard.
Too early to be speaking on behalf of most of the player base. And I have to wonder what people will be saying about this system in 6 months. I already farm currency for rewards and it is really boring.
10/20/2018 02:33 AMPosted by Amine
Too early to be speaking on behalf of most of the player base. And I have to wonder what people will be saying about this system in 6 months. I already farm currency for rewards and it is really boring.

How familiar are you with end game in BFA?

The problem azerite gear vendor would solve is enormous. You can then target a specific piece you want, with a specific trait, or if you feel lucky you can randomly roll a piece for a slot you need. This adds actual fun into the game if you are a fan of the game.
10/20/2018 03:02 AMPosted by Awkaran
10/20/2018 02:33 AMPosted by Amine

How familiar are you with end game in BFA?

The problem azerite gear vendor would solve is enormous. You can then target a specific piece you want, with a specific trait, or if you feel lucky you can randomly roll a piece for a slot you need. This adds actual fun into the game if you are a fan of the game.

I am pretty familiar with the end game, however, firstly for the classes/specs I have checked the best azerite gear doesn't come from dungeons anyway. Secondly, farming weeks/months for currency for second rate gear isn't going to be many people's idea of fun - it will end up feeling like a chore.
I wouldn't pat them on the back.

They didn't "listen to the playerbase" as much as they "reacted to losing tons of subs".

If they had listened to the playerbase, these issues would have been fixed in alpha when everyone was complaining about them.
Holy moly you guys will never be happy about anything haha
10/20/2018 03:11 AMPosted by Pillöw

Some of us never wanted this change in the first place so why would we be happy.
Still i'll wait and see.
10/20/2018 03:12 AMPosted by Amine

Some of us never wanted this change in the first place so why would we be happy.

Okay if you didn’t want people to target items easier, why would it be a bad thing to give others that option? I have the ability to join a mythic raid twice a week, we are halfway through, but it’s rough doing so with what I have going on. It’s nice to have an avenue for more gear other than crossing your fingers once a week.

The same goes for those that clear mythic raids and have bad luck with drops. It’s not free gear like everything else. Why is it a bad thing?
Half of me wonders if they really are bleeding subs and the powers that be are like, "OKAY, EVERYONE, STOP LISTENING TO ION AND DO THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT HE TOLD YOU TO DO, NOW NOW NOW"

But yes, these are changes in the right direction for once.
I think this is a positive solution to getting those BiS pieces that are otherwise not in raids. I was reading elsewhere people are now saying with this announcement that they are “forced” to do M+.” ... smh. People literally complaining about nothing - because with this system you’re not having to do anything else besides what you’re already doing in live... doing highest key you can each week. And you’re guaranteed your bis after 3 weeks.

Also - from my specs perspective - there’s only one piece of gear from M+ I’d need to farm... the other bis pieces are from raid which means.... raiding isn’t obsolete as others have commented.

Good job blizzard!
Wtf is everyone talking about? What currency gear?

My thoughts exactly.
10/20/2018 03:49 AMPosted by Misscentauri

Blue Post from Today about how Azerite Armor is working in 8.1.

It's like a complete 180 from Ion's design philosophy.

It's almost as if they've taken Ion off the design team and put someone else in charge to see how players will react to them instead.
People acting like Ion didn't sign off on this are wiiiiild. He's the game director- if he doesn't want something done, it won't be- simple as that.
If its only azerite gear there won't be much impact. If it's the whole mythic plus table then we may have something good.
10/20/2018 03:52 AMPosted by Maizou
10/20/2018 03:49 AMPosted by Misscentauri

Blue Post from Today about how Azerite Armor is working in 8.1.

It's like a complete 180 from Ion's design philosophy.

It's almost as if they've taken Ion off the design team and put someone else in charge to see how players will react to them instead.

This aroused me slightly - lol !

I understand Ion is a mouthpiece for Blizzard but it seems to me during the QnA's he firmly believes in what he talks about, which, half the time, most people do not agree with. So to think that Ion was replaced by someone with ideas that better the game instead of working backwards would be a good move.

Implementation of ANY type of useful gear vendor, hopefully one that provides purpose for a long time to come, is a fantastic thing for the game and for the sake of having fun an as an MMORPG player.

Someone under the Blizzard roof deserves a big thank you for this change. This is a taste of the changes that I've been looking forward to in BFA - and hopefully other people feel or felt the same way.
Now they just need to keep doing smart things like this and not get stuck in their ways and continue to listen to community feedback.

I guess all it took was almost 10% off their stocks for them to wisen up and think "Maybe we should listen to our customers for once" If they listen and make the game a game first, money second like they did in Classic/BC/WotlK, they could earn that 10% back.
10/20/2018 04:00 AMPosted by Flommincy
If its only azerite gear there won't be much impact. If it's the whole mythic plus table then we may have something good.

Agreed, to an extent. This may seem like a small change up front and on paper, but I guarantee this will have a huge impact on players who have time into the game and can continue to put time and effort in. Huge change!
10/20/2018 04:04 AMPosted by Guldalina
Now they just need to keep doing smart things like this and not get stuck in their ways and continue to listen to community feedback.

I guess all it took was almost 10% off their stocks for them to wisen up and think "Maybe we should listen to our customers for once" If they listen and make the game a game first, money second like they did in Classic/BC/WotlK, they could earn that 10% back.

100%! If they can keep reading, listening, understanding - this will go far in the World of Warcraft. Whoever helped push gear vendors deserves a huge thanks and that person needs to continue helping Blizzard out with effective future changes.