Thank you for listening and responding to a problem in the game, Blizzard.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
I will wait to hold judgement but after reading the blue post I think this is a step in the right direction. Now I actually will start doing mythic+ dungeons.
10/20/2018 06:24 AMPosted by Hôtness
I will wait to hold judgement but after reading the blue post I think this is a step in the right direction. Now I actually will start doing mythic+ dungeons.

Perfect! This is what needed to be added to Mythic + - more incentive!

I love doing + dungeons, I'm addicted. Even in the state that it's in now. I don't mind.

But gear vendors are perfect and the way they seem to function is awesome. Even the breaking down of items you don't really need, to be turned into stuff you do need. Perfect.
Don't thank them for doing something that they should've done from the beginning. Thank them when they start making positive changes without needing an outraged community to pressure them.
10/20/2018 06:39 AMPosted by Khalamete
Don't thank them for doing something that they should've done from the beginning. Thank them when they start making positive changes without needing an outraged community to pressure them.

Anyone reasonable can agree with you, but I only agree with you partially.

Good things need to be appreciated and they need to recognized. Changes that are promised to come to the game that will hopefully affect the game and the player base in a positive way should be acknowledged.

What you propose seems very entitled. Not bashing, just calling it how it is.

They should feel bad, slightly, for removing gear vendors, which should be part of the game [forever]. I can agree with that, partially. Lets not reward bad moves.

I am just so excited about this positive step. Looking forward to these gear vendors.
It's still a slot machine as you buy a box with a random item.

Honestly this wasn't my main concern with azerite armor because azerite armor feels so negligible in what it does and feels like a poor replacement for what was lost. I would rather see class improvements and I don't mean buffs.
It's still a slot machine as you buy a box with a random item.

Honestly this wasn't my main concern with azerite armor because azerite armor feels so negligible in what it does. I would rather see class improvements.

Yes, the slot machine problem still exists. But at least it exists and will, by the looks of it, exist right beside a gear vendor system. Now you're gear isn't entirely based off of RNG. Thank goodness.

Yes, the azerite armor problems still exist. The problems with the traits. The problems with the amount of rings of traits there are and/or will be. It's a big part of BFA and it's not even near perfection. It still hurts some players, a lot of players. But this will undoubtedly be improved upon as the life of BFA goes on.

But the implementation of gear vendors IS a step in the right direction. This cannot be argued. Even if you have your own opinions on the gear vendor system, you may have them, good or bad. If you dislike the gear system, then don't take part. The gear system needs to be in this MMORPG. For the better of the game as a whole. It provides so much choice and customization, from player to player, and that's very, very important to the World of Warcraft IMO.
Gear vendor for raiders. This is not a step in the right direction it is a turn....barely a pivot. So a fraction of the player base gets to smooth out their gear ilevel...big deal!

EVERYONE complained and now raiders get a bone. This shows 2 things 1. When Blizz needs to whip something out of their butts they can. 2. Raid centric, end game focused to it's death. The changes will do next to nothing in regards to slowing down the players from leaving because the game foundation is not getting gear it is being entertaining.....which right now it is not.

Take the holiday event. It is for all intent and purpose exactly the same. No changes to it. Blizz is fully capable of making changes to the game other than adding a few pumpkins here and there. Hell, even the newest capitals had zero holiday feels to it....so Boringalis (pretty though) does not celebrate Halloween? I know it is just a holiday but is shows something blaring....it shows no one is looking at the details....hell you are pulling out a vendor only after people cried about it.....why make us do that?

Why make us do that? Because you have to....none of you, the Devs, seem to actually play the game and only respond in knee jerk fashion when the players get vocal enough. The gear system proves this....the holiday events prove this....I think Blizz might just be permanently lost when it comes to WOW at this point. Play the game for the beauty of it but for any other reason other than raiding is useless.
10/20/2018 07:09 AMPosted by Emt
Gear vendor for raiders. This is not a step in the right direction it is a turn....barely a pivot. So a fraction of the player base gets to smooth out their gear ilevel...big deal!

EVERYONE complained and now raiders get a bone. This shows 2 things 1. When Blizz needs to whip something out of their butts they can. 2. Raid centric, end game focused to it's death. The changes will do next to nothing in regards to slowing down the players from leaving because the game foundation is not getting gear it is being entertaining.....which right now it is not.

Take the holiday event. It is for all intent and purpose exactly the same. No changes to it. Blizz is fully capable of making changes to the game other than adding a few pumpkins here and there. Hell, even the newest capitals had zero holiday feels to it....so Boringalis (pretty though) does not celebrate Halloween? I know it is just a holiday but is shows something blaring....it shows no one is looking at the details....hell you are pulling out a vendor only after people cried about it.....why make us do that?

Why make us do that? Because you have to....none of you, the Devs, seem to actually play the game and only respond in knee jerk fashion when the players get vocal enough. The gear system proves this....the holiday events prove this....I think Blizz might just be permanently lost when it comes to WOW at this point. Play the game for the beauty of it but for any other reason other than raiding is useless.

This is loaded with negativity and seems be driven by resentment. You seem to complain a lot here but not provide any true feedback or possible changes.

You can complain about seasonal stuff all you want. It doesn't really need to change, because it's something that changes with the season, which means it's not always available to every player. When it comes back around, it should be the same so that the player can pick up from where they left off, etc. Your complaints about pumpkins means nothing here.

The gear vendor simply provides more choice to the player. More choice is more good than bad. If you can't see the bright side of this, you are likely blinded by ignorance.

Good job, Blizzard - thank you.
Thanking them for what??? lol
Forums are so ridiculous. Complain 24/7 about time gating then praise a system that forces you you to to wait 3 weeks for a piece of gear. Sure you get that bis but what about all the gear your not getting in the mean time?

10/20/2018 03:22 AMPosted by Kølach
I think this is a positive solution to getting those BiS pieces that are otherwise not in raids. I was reading elsewhere people are now saying with this announcement that they are “forced” to do M+.” ... smh. People literally complaining about nothing - because with this system you’re not having to do anything else besides what you’re already doing in live... doing highest key you can each week. And you’re guaranteed your bis after 3 weeks.

Also - from my specs perspective - there’s only one piece of gear from M+ I’d need to farm... the other bis pieces are from raid which means.... raiding isn’t obsolete as others have commented.

Good job blizzard!
10/20/2018 03:20 AMPosted by Pillöw
10/20/2018 03:12 AMPosted by Amine

Some of us never wanted this change in the first place so why would we be happy.

Okay if you didn’t want people to target items easier, why would it be a bad thing to give others that option? I have the ability to join a mythic raid twice a week, we are halfway through, but it’s rough doing so with what I have going on. It’s nice to have an avenue for more gear other than crossing your fingers once a week.

The same goes for those that clear mythic raids and have bad luck with drops. It’s not free gear like everything else. Why is it a bad thing?

It won't be a bad thing if it doesn't end up negatively affecting me. However, that generally doesn't happen with blizzard changes.

Blizzard could reduce the number of sources of azerite gear so that people need to use this system - that would affect me. Blizzard could just give you the currency when disenchanting these instead of the currency and shards - that would affect me. My 'friend' has been getting me a mythic plus 5 every week but since he is the only tank in the guild tanking mythic pluses, he may be too busy running 10s with people - that would affect me.

Maybe it won't affect me but I want to see if it does before I let someone like OP thank blizzard FOR ME.
10/20/2018 07:20 AMPosted by Brittnay
Thanking them for what??? lol

Do you even bother to read and fully comprehend the stuff being said in the discussions you choose to comment on?

I want to acknowledge their seeming efforts for bringing back an effective gear vendor system. This provides players with more customization, more of a choice and ability to target gear they actually want, gear they actually need. This is a step in a good direction and Blizzard needs to be thanked for it.
10/20/2018 03:22 AMPosted by Kølach
because with this system you’re not having to do anything else besides what you’re already doing in live... doing highest key you can each week. And you’re guaranteed your bis after 3 weeks.

Ok wait right there - you seriously think you are going to get your BiS in three weeks. You need to read what you get in three weeks again.

Here you go you get a RNG cache in three weeks.

but our goal for tuning this new currency is that you’ll be able to purchase one of the Azerite caches that lines up roughly with the item level of the gear you’re getting from your Mythic+ runs every two or three weeks, with the specific 385 pieces as long-term goals for top players.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769667833

No wonder some of you are so happy, you are living in fairyland.
10/20/2018 07:18 AMPosted by Awkaran
This is loaded with negativity and seems be driven by resentment. You seem to complain a lot here but not provide any true feedback or possible changes.

Actaully I have. You must not read. I am particularly vocal on changes that could be made for flight that would allow Blizz to slow down the player base but allow flight at the same time.

I have brought up the need for vendors from day 1 of this xpac and the need for gear vendors for PVP.

I have made suggestions to changes in BG deserter debuffs to push for a bigger penalty for deserting.

There is more....but I care not to dig through all my posts.
10/20/2018 07:25 AMPosted by Amine
10/20/2018 03:20 AMPosted by Pillöw

Okay if you didn’t want people to target items easier, why would it be a bad thing to give others that option? I have the ability to join a mythic raid twice a week, we are halfway through, but it’s rough doing so with what I have going on. It’s nice to have an avenue for more gear other than crossing your fingers once a week.

The same goes for those that clear mythic raids and have bad luck with drops. It’s not free gear like everything else. Why is it a bad thing?

It won't be a bad thing if it doesn't end up negatively affecting me. However, that generally doesn't happen with blizzard changes.

Blizzard could reduce the number of sources of azerite gear so that people need to use this system - that would affect me. Blizzard could just give you the currency when disenchanting these instead of the currency and shards - that would affect me. My 'friend' has been getting me a mythic plus 5 every week but since he is the only tank in the guild tanking mythic pluses, he may be too busy running 10s with people - that would affect me.

Maybe it won't affect me but I want to see if it does before I let someone like OP thank blizzard FOR ME.

If your gripe is with the fact that you need more geared and more skilled players to play the game for you and work for your success so you can get upgrades, you need to complain somewhere else. There are ALWAYS groups going on where you can work for upgrades. Thanks to Titanforge you can literally get upgrades from trivial leveled + keys. Spam 3's to 5's all day, guarantee you'll get a handful of upgrades. Guaranteed, because of the state of the loot system and it being dominantly driven by RNG. Put in the time and effort and you won't need to be carried. You won't need to rely on a particular person or two for successful runs.

The implementation of the gear vendor system cannot affect anyone negatively. I promise you this. It may affect people badly in the fact that this system provides a carrot, very obtainable, but not by people who cannot work for their rewards. People who don't enjoy grinding to get meaningful upgrades will not like this gear vendor system because it will remind them of how lazy they truly are.
10/20/2018 07:30 AMPosted by Emt
10/20/2018 07:18 AMPosted by Awkaran

Actaully I have. You must not read. I am particularly vocal on changes that could be made for flight that would allow Blizz to slow down the player base but allow flight at the same time.

I have brought up the need for vendors from day 1 of this xpac and the need for gear vendors for PVP.

I have made suggestions to changes in BG deserter debuffs to push for a bigger penalty for deserting.

Yeah.....

Yeah... so why are you seemingly against the implementation of gear vendors?
I’m having a hard time bending over backwards to thank them for trying to fix a problem that they created by incompetent design. There are many more problems, and this isn’t their first expansion by a long shot. I expect more from them for my $ at this point.

It’s great that they seem to be trying to “listen now.” But I paid for a finished product, and not a damn pin the tail on the donkey fix and balance parade for months.

Having a hard time getting past how long they’ve been doing this versus what was released to us.
10/20/2018 07:20 AMPosted by Terminal
Forums are so ridiculous. Complain 24/7 about time gating then praise a system that forces you you to to wait 3 weeks for a piece of gear. Sure you get that bis but what about all the gear your not getting in the mean time?

the system gives more gear. the weekly chest still gives a piece pased on your completion. so now you get that plus a currency to buy gear. its more total gear.