Upgraded heirlooms?

General Discussion
Does anyone know if 8.1 or anywhere else it has been mentioned if we will get upgraded or upgradable, however you look at it, Heirlooms?
how bout we price gouge the heirloom upgrade prices. I mean if we arent gonna get a easy way to get higher level without dishing $60, we should at least make it where its easier to upgrade the heirlooms. Its so costly to get them past 90 D:
How about they restore our stats on our heirlooms?
10/21/2018 12:55 AMPosted by Puré
how bout we price gouge the heirloom upgrade prices. I mean if we arent gonna get a easy way to get higher level without dishing $60, we should at least make it where its easier to upgrade the heirlooms. Its so costly to get them past 90 D:

Sorry, cost is not really an issue for me and i already have all of them upgraded to 110. Just curious if they have said anything about 120 yet or not.
Hmmm, so no word yet? Damn i was hoping to get some word on them.
Nah - Don't think they've said anything about it.

Wish they'd just remove heirlooms and merge it all into a necklace or something that scales in bonuses based on achievement points.
10/21/2018 04:09 AMPosted by Khalamete
Wish they'd just remove heirlooms and merge it all into a necklace or something that scales in bonuses based on achievement points.

That is quite possibly the stupidest idea I've seen someone suggest yet.
10/21/2018 04:10 AMPosted by Graewyn
10/21/2018 04:09 AMPosted by Khalamete

That is quite possibly the stupidest idea I've seen someone suggest yet.

Cool
Given how fast the upgrade costs are rising it would be at least 7k apiece to upgrade them to 120. Given how much they’ve slowed gold income in this expansion, that’s already too much for me to care when they introduce the upgrades. I know I won’t use them for a long time.
Probably not until the last patch to allow us to get alts prepared for the next xpac.
Not only do heirlooms need to be upgraded (or reverted), there also needs to be new heirloom: belt, boots, and gloves.
10/21/2018 04:19 AMPosted by Tyriellais
Given how fast the upgrade costs are rising it would be at least 7k apiece to upgrade them to 120. Given how much they’ve slowed gold income in this expansion, that’s already too much for me to care when they introduce the upgrades. I know I won’t use them for a long time.

I have a ton of toons, cost isn't really an issue, but i still have 40 toons to get to 120. I just want to be able to get them there faster.
Ready for them now tbh. Already did the BFA zone quest chieves on both horde, and alliance side, and explored their pixel world. No more smelly pixels left. Unleash the heirloom 120 upgrades already. #buff the xp you get with them also.
To answer your question, I believe it'll be in 8.2. I think it goes in line when the other heirlooms were upgraded.
About half the set would not be used at this time. to fix that they would have to say yeah....azerite not needed. to be viable it would have to during leveling have you go azerite who needs that? Something not wanted by the devs I gather at this time.

Other half they want you beholden to the RNG gods...Want better pants? Appease us! say the RNG gods.Weapon would be most contentious.....3 chars have done 120 runs. All 3 weapons have been painful. In the to 120 questing. then the WQ rotations after.

I have grown to like heirloom weapons (and other pieces) on low level runs. level ding, stat fix, press on. BFA, weapons are the booty the game does not give up easy for me. Others have seen this as well.

Not saying I am opposed to this idea mind you. With so many alt plan that will see 110-120, I'd like my xp bonus back. I have both side's mains who ran story so far (no dungeon or raid yet) and will be the main story and rep getters for 8.x patches to come. alts who could ding 120 faster not running story as much I'd happily take. They just need to get into WQ rotation faster really.
10/21/2018 04:58 AMPosted by Pharsalus
Not only do heirlooms need to be upgraded (or reverted), there also needs to be new heirloom: belt, boots, and gloves.

And wands and one-hand axes - more transmog options for mages/locks/priests and shamans.
10/21/2018 03:59 PMPosted by Duvainil
About half the set would not be used at this time.

If you are leveling toons, Azerite gear means nothing. I would trade ANY azerite peace in a fast minute to get my hands on upgraded heirlooms.

Others can choose the Azerite gear for whatever reason, but yea, just so not important for anyone with more than say 5 characters.
Why would we need heirlooms for the future if BfA is the new paradigm?

You know, cuz game will be dead.
We get new heirlooms when we get Pathfinder part 2, right? Isn't that how Legion and WoD were? Or am I remembering wrong and it was even later?