Shadow Priest Changes in 8.1

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Prev 1 29 30 31 33 Next
After giving it some thought since the changes were announced I've unsubscribed. I REALLY wanted shadow to work in 8.1., but it's just going to remain a joke spec.

For months now shadow has been one of the worst specs in the game. Our overall damage will improve going forward. Will it be competitive with whatever the FOTM mage and warlock specs are? Hell no.

What makes it so much worse is shadow has ZERO practical utility, and what we do have healer priests bring anyway. If someone says "mass dispel" I'll have an aneurysm. We don't even have damage utility. We don't have big cooldowns, we can't "blow !@#$ up" during bloodlust, we can't "nuke" an add.

For trivial content it matters little. But for semi-competitive play, I feel like a black sheep. The only reason I was even able to get into a decent mythic guild (6/8 atm) is because they were desperate for ranged DPS at the time. Unfortunately, I've been benched for three progression kills.

Not doing it again. Not just going to write off my shadow priest as a sunk cost and reroll either, I don't have the time or the patience. I'm a one character player, I just switch up the class every expansion or so. And no I don't want to heal, I've had my fill over the years. So I'm out.

If you got this far -- thanks for reading.
rip
Makes sense to me you seem to have the same problem's I've been having. As a person who generally does mythic content I haven't even bothered why play something that isn't enjoyable to play. Wow was my escape from reality drug and now its literally just another thing thats disappointing to me...
Playing less and less by the day. Definitely no plans to resub when my time runs out now. Its looking like Blizzard is going to simply do some !@#$ty mediocre buffs that will simply take us from %^-*, to less !@#$, and completely ignore once again the deeper issues that have been known about since beta.

Is the Spriest class being worked on by the folks who thought Diablo: Immortal was a good thing to announce at Blizzcon?

Seems like it.
11/05/2018 04:33 PMPosted by Toxn
Playing less and less by the day. Definitely no plans to resub when my time runs out now. Its looking like Blizzard is going to simply do some !@#$ty mediocre buffs that will simply take us from %^-*, to less !@#$, and completely ignore once again the deeper issues that have been known about since beta.

Is the Spriest class being worked on by the folks who thought Diablo: Immortal was a good thing to announce at Blizzcon?

Seems like it.

I can tell you for certain we likely won't notice any real benefits. Considering we are literally losing our best azerite trait to a nerf.
11/05/2018 04:51 PMPosted by Maybeitsroxx
11/05/2018 04:33 PMPosted by Toxn

Seems like it.

I can tell you for certain we likely won't notice any real benefits. Considering we are literally losing our best azerite trait to a nerf.
Its basically a 4% buff, not the 8% some are claiming because they are not factoring in the azerite trait nerf. Honestly though, it is basically a repeat of the .9% buff from earlier that was more of an insult than a buff, just slightly better. This is still very much an insult because it STILL ignores the problems that have been talked about over and over since beta. 8.1 wasnt suddenly sprung on Blizzard. They had time to work on it, but their time has seemingly been spent dicking around and acting like jackasses.
up
11/05/2018 08:56 PMPosted by Toxn
11/05/2018 04:51 PMPosted by Maybeitsroxx

Its basically a 4% buff, not the 8% some are claiming because they are not factoring in the azerite trait nerf. Honestly though, it is basically a repeat of the .9% buff from earlier that was more of an insult than a buff, just slightly better. This is still very much an insult because it STILL ignores the problems that have been talked about over and over since beta. 8.1 wasnt suddenly sprung on Blizzard. They had time to work on it, but their time has seemingly been spent dicking around and acting like jackasses.

The numbers are a partial problem, the mechanical problems are so bright and obvious it’s amazing they missed it.
I’m still not convinced that increasing the duration of VF isn’t going to make the problem worse. Mass Hysteria was the reason you would want really high stacks of VF. Obviously doesn’t exist anymore so we will have the same mb clipping vb. Shadowfiend still happens to be the worst cooldown of all time. Things that you fire and forget and have no interactions just make boring gameplay. It’s like we have a 3 button rotation in VF where movement completely screws you. We will still be worthless in M+ which is 90% of what I generally do.
Yea, I'm done speaking in the forums since they don't seem to want to give any feedback to the major issues that have been identified. Only way to let them know is by unsubbing. So I did. Cya later, hope you all get the changes you want.
unsubbed
Alternating MB and VB with semi/half casts of Mindlfay is pretty hilarious in how bad it feels. Am I doing something terribly, terribly wrong or is this just how it goes?
11/06/2018 12:00 PMPosted by Jorlkal
Alternating MB and VB with semi/half casts of Mindlfay is pretty hilarious in how bad it feels. Am I doing something terribly, terribly wrong or is this just how it goes?

You should have 2 GCDs between each void bolt. So it'll end up being liiiike.

Bolt, SWV, MF (1gcd), Bolt, SWV, MF (1Gcd), Bolt, MF (2 gcd), Bolt. etc.

It's just Bolt, X, X, Bolt. The X's tend to be SWV if available, dots on fresh targets, cooldowns (Mindbender), or dispels / shield if required, and otherwise flay.

Personally, interrupting flay has never been a problem for me. It makes sense, and it's how every single channeled filler has worked in the past when something more important is available to be used. What's a problem is that, without SWV talented, Void Bolt and Mind Blast come off cooldown at the exact same time without fail.

This is exactly what happens in most cases as the last poster said you have 2 gcds before the next VB.
Unsubbed as well. I have a few days left and have not even logged into the game in over a week.

If blizzard can't see that there are major issues when I am so bored and frustrated with playing the class/spec that has been my main since 2005, that I can't even get myself to level her to 120, then I just have to assume that they want it this way.

I found myself running old raids because finding new transmog gear is more exciting and interesting than leveling my character to the new level cap or actually getting "relevant" gear that would increase my power. I've even tried other class/specs but they are pretty boring as well in BFA and realistically, my priest is the only thing I really want to play.

I'll keep checking the forums and mmo-champ every couple weeks in the hopes that someone at blizzard realizes that they need to fix shadow priests and BFA classes as a whole before they even think about more content, azerite traits, or anything else... but I'm not holding my breath or giving blizzard any more money.
Give shadow a utility worth taking to mythic +, but not make it an op choice.

Our damage is not great, but it’s not bad either. If we get a 4-6% increase in damage (hopefully the changes will result in this), then all we need to be an option for mythic + is some utility unique or overlapping.

Unique ability - change current VE to 40% and make it a baseline smart heal for up to 5 players always on. Give Us a new 3 minute cooldown that increases it to 120% for 15 seconds. This will give us a strong healing utility in mythic + (5 players) while also providing a nice, but not OP, raid utility (20 players, but only 5 effected by smart heal) this gives shadow a unique utility. Tweet % as needed.

Not unique, but overlap. If blizzard doesn’t want to give us a unique utility, then give us cloak of shadows. It goes with our lore and gives groups two options for cloak.

One of these two items, plus. 4-5% damage increase, would fix the issue of us not getting into mythic+ or raids. I prefer a rework, to fix our actual problems, (remove void form), but if we can’t have that, then give us a utility and put us on a competitive dps playing field.

PS give holy priests a BRES as well to give them a utility worth bringing. Disc already brings damage and healing, although, I think the nerd is to much for mythic+ disc, but about right for raiding disc.

Thoughts?

That's just how it goes. It's a terrible model.
Looks like nothing new will be addressed or fixed for shadow priests in the upcoming PTR build 28366.
Meanwhile already good classes are getting burst aoe skills buffed and arms get a straight 7% aura buff wtf is going on in this game. Literal twilight zone for this game.
11/06/2018 06:18 PMPosted by Maybeitsroxx
Meanwhile already good classes are getting burst aoe skills buffed and arms get a straight 7% aura buff wtf is going on in this game. Literal twilight zone for this game.

Race changed?? More bleeding for Alliance.... Or horde toon with same name?