Apology to the Violet Tap and the Boralus RP

Wyrmrest Accord
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
One of the few proper drama threads I've managed to catch recently and I only find it ten minutes before my time expires.

Anyway, yeah, "apparently" was a poor choice of words at the very least.

Here, let me conjure up a mage table before I go.
10/23/2018 03:15 PMPosted by Conjurus
One of the few proper drama threads I've managed to catch recently and I only find it ten minutes before my time expires.

Anyway, yeah, "apparently" was a poor choice of words at the very least.

Here, let me conjure up a mage table before I go.

Thanks for the manabuns
Evi, just stop.
Posterity:
10/23/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Eviral
I wish to formally apologize to the members of the Violet Tap guild, as well as the Boralus RP community for my actions. I disturbed the Tap weekly RP on a continued basis, and when banned I took it out on the rest of the RP community. My actions were apparently unjustified, despite my very strong feelings of the exclusion from RP in Boralus. Despite how I may have felt I went about it the completely wrong way. And for that I apologize.

Sign of an unauthentic apology:
My actions were apparently unjustified,
You're not taking responsibility for your actions, you're just defeated and going "Well, everyone else says I did wrong, so I guess I did wrong."

Own it. Understand what you did wrong, don't just apologize to save face, which is exactly what you're doing.
10/23/2018 03:19 PMPosted by Cannibal
Posterity:
I wish to formally apologize to the members of the Violet Tap guild, as well as the Boralus RP community for my actions. I disturbed the Tap weekly RP on a continued basis, and when banned I took it out on the rest of the RP community. My actions were apparently unjustified, despite my very strong feelings of the exclusion from RP in Boralus. Despite how I may have felt I went about it the completely wrong way. And for that I apologize.

You're not taking responsibility for your actions, you're just defeated and going "Well, everyone else says I did wrong, so I guess I did wrong."

Own it. Understand what you did wrong, don't just apologize to save face, which is exactly what you're doing.

This was my point as well, but you phrased it way better! That'll teach me for posting before my second cup of coffee!
Bye, Conjurus! Stay safe out there. Mages are squishy, and your father and I worry.
My actions were apparently unjustified, despite my very strong feelings of the exclusion from RP in Boralus.

man this is really how to not write an apology 101 thing huh

10/23/2018 03:13 PMPosted by Eviral
I didn't even want to make this apology a public thing. I was asked to do it to make things right. Now I'm being attacked for doing so. Damned if I do. Damned if I don't.

if you're gonna post a non-apology then don't post one at all
10/23/2018 03:26 PMPosted by Azhaar
Mages are squishy

Boo.
Torkus you're extra squishy. That hat isn't fooling anyone.
10/23/2018 03:19 PMPosted by Cannibal
Posterity:

That is NOT what I'm doing. You're overanalyzing a simple apology for no reason at all. I understand what I did wrong. I feel terrible for it. And I posted this apology to make things right to those I hurt. That still doesn't give people the right to insult me or my apology. They're just dropping down to the low level I regretfully fell to.
i prefer the term crunchy

seeing as I have no skin
10/23/2018 03:32 PMPosted by Eviral
That is NOT what I'm doing. You're overanalyzing a simple apology for no reason at all. I understand what I did wrong. I feel terrible for it. And I posted this apology to make things right to those I hurt. That still doesn't give people the right to insult me or my apology. They're just dropping down to the low level I regretfully fell to.

You posted something in public, which opens it to public criticism. Moreover, we're not insulting you, we're just pointing out that your apology is either very poorly put or entirely insincere.
10/23/2018 03:32 PMPosted by Azhaar
Torkus you're extra squishy. That hat isn't fooling anyone.

I'm the Muscle Mage and I will bench press you.

Also now that I think about it, how does one join in Boralus RP?
In seriousness, Eviral, you seem awfully quick to take offense and equally quick to go on the offensive when you feel attacked. I guarantee that the confluence of these two things is why you keep getting in these situations and you'll be a lot happier if you cultivate a habit of letting stuff go.
As awful as the apology was, you gotta scarily respect the violet tap leader for throwing them in a known tank of sharks like that

That's some James bond villain !@#$
10/23/2018 03:41 PMPosted by Lyzettie
As awful as the apology was, you gotta scarily respect the violet tap leader for throwing them in a known tank of sharks like that

That's some James bond villain !@#$

I can attest that apology threads go over quite well here when you actually mean them and don't immediately repeat your offense four posts later.
That still doesn't give people the right to insult me or my apology.

Welcome to Humanity. Been terrible since the first ape-thing slapped another ape-thing.
10/23/2018 03:36 PMPosted by Fateweaver

You posted something in public, which opens it to public criticism. Moreover, we're not insulting you, we're just pointing out that your apology is either very poorly put or entirely insincere.
Exactly this.

If you genuinely meant it to be sincere, the language in your apology didn't get that message across. So.. I guess work on that? Cause your OP came across as very, "Ugh, I guess I'm sorry, I just want this to be over.
10/23/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Vanndrel
That still doesn't give people the right to insult me or my apology.

Welcome to Humanity. Been terrible since the first ape-thing slapped another ape-thing.

did you read any of the posts to point out where the insult is or did you just decide to drop some coffee mug wisdom on us without any context
is this the thread where we talk about Street Fighter