Mythic +: No Reward Is Worth This

BFA Dungeons, Island Expeditions, and Raids
No Reward Is Worth This. It's a quote from a film I like. Maybe you've seen it?

I just spent an hour in Underrot with Explosive. It was awful. We didn't finish. The orbs were awful. I hear I can skip a few dungeons this week, for orbs that spawn on bosses and all their many adds. To think, I thought Grievous was awful the week before.

I really loved Mythic + in Legion. I thought it was the best thing in the Xpac, and I liked a lot of that Xpac. But the changes you've made here - switching tyrannical and fortified to lvl 2, then adding in the other affixes, and buffing them... It's just not fun. When you combine them with the trash heavy dungeons you've made, it is fast becoming a chore to run one every week just for a cache piece.

I have been a big fan of dungeons for a long time. I ran all the CMs in MoP and WoD, and ran the hell outta mythics in Legion. Because of Real Life (tm), they hit a really good spot for me and my guild, who have all those adult obligations that mean we can only raid one day a week. But in BfA - which is quickly earning its title Beta For Azeroth - I am becoming more and more turned off by the dungeons. They're such slogs.

I'm sorry Bliz, I don't know what's happened, but the quote is becoming very true. No Reward Is Worth This.
Definately missing legion. Better theme better characters better story. M+ has taken a massive hit and like you said 1 a week then I get in alts or do casual pvp/wq bc I dont want to subject myself to m+ more than I have too. I do like warmed though
M+ trash design with affixes in BfA is not fun. I wouldn't even say its challenging, it's just stupid and annoying and not fun to deal with.

BfA bosses are cool, but I miss Legion trash a whole lot
So many of the affixes are just so awfully designed. Every dungeon in BFA is packed full of trash in such small spaces, making Sanguine so pathetic. Don't have a DK??? LOL have fun! Grievous is ridiculous because the amount of trash and aoe damage from 99% of trash and boss mechanics. Explosive shows just how ignorant Blizzard's whole testing team is. Seeing how much of a joke Underot is... the last boss in Shrine...

But i agree, the affixes are just not fun to deal with at all. Instead of being challenging, its more like did you bring classes/specs that have the tools to deal with all the garbage affixes this week?
It's just far too physically draining. 4-5 bosses every dungeon and the excessive trash makes the dungeons very long. Having to be 100% focused for up to an hour at a time is far too long. We need to go back to some of the 2-3 boss dungeons to provide some variety.
Ran an underrot 9 a couple days ago. Entire run took just over 23 minutes.last boss was essentially 4 manned as our hunter died 30 seconds from standing in grey stuff.

Over the course of the 105sec fight, maybe a half dozen explosive orbs spawned (only 1 being from the 20+ spores following us around). They really made that boss a joke.
I love the atmosphere and design of Waycrest Manor, but some of the affixes for M+ just make this place a sh!t pile. In particular, Sanguine. There's just no way to space out the pools with the mobs w/o running into more mobs and then creating more pools, and heaven forbid you walk into the place without a class that can knock back or a DK for death grip. Spawns of G'huun? Oh yeah, they just ran back through the trail of sanguine you just left behind.... what a joke.

Tol Dagor is more or less the same, but this time you have mobs that run away from you into the pools...... the designers really are trolls.
10/26/2018 10:52 PMPosted by Deecaay
So many of the affixes are just so awfully designed. Every dungeon in BFA is packed full of trash in such small spaces, making Sanguine so pathetic. Don't have a DK??? LOL have fun! Grievous is ridiculous because the amount of trash and aoe damage from 99% of trash and boss mechanics. Explosive shows just how ignorant Blizzard's whole testing team is. Seeing how much of a joke Underot is... the last boss in Shrine...

But i agree, the affixes are just not fun to deal with at all. Instead of being challenging, its more like did you bring classes/specs that have the tools to deal with all the garbage affixes this week?

I can move mobs easily on my brewmaster through sanguine.
Maybe people should start learning mechanics.
Everyone out scales themselves with all this free 370+ gear, with out even learning the progression steps to run a dungeon properly. Most people can get 370 in a short time. But nobody wants to put in the grind to learn what actually to do, you get stuck in 8-9 level mythic+.

You can't expect to push a key when you do one a day or less
Bring a survival hunter with you. Explosive is a non-issue with them.
11/02/2018 06:15 AMPosted by Jokmartens
Everyone out scales themselves with all this free 370+ gear

Not true
11/04/2018 09:28 PMPosted by Felgoop
11/02/2018 06:15 AMPosted by Jokmartens
Everyone out scales themselves with all this free 370+ gear

Not true

It is 100% true. People think they are ready for M+10 when they reach a certain ilvl. However the reality is that you need to actually learn each dungeon, including the trash mechanics and affix interactions before you are likely to succeed in a +10. The problem is that high ilvl loot is so easily obtained with little to no effort that people get it and think that makes them good enough for high level M+. The hurdle for completing high level M+ is not a high ilvl, it is knowledge of the instance, affixes, your class/spec, and teamwork.
Where is this free full 370 loot? Because I'd like some.
11/05/2018 12:23 PMPosted by Anthaala
Where is this free full 370 loot? Because I'd like some.

Run enough M0, Warfronts, PVP, World Bosses, weekly mythic dungeon quests and you will get to 370 with relative ease. You will need to get a little lucky with Titanforging but even if you don't have the best luck you will get there eventually.
11/05/2018 11:12 AMPosted by Fierytaint
People think they are ready for M+10 when they reach a certain ilvl. However the reality is that you need to actually learn each dungeon

No, that's simply not true.

You are running the mythic plus with the best tank )blood DK) with the best healer (resto druid) and the TWO BEST aoe dps classes and then you come on here and talk trash to other people.

To top it off you're barely pulling off +10's with pretty muich the best possible outcome. Even with some of the best most OP specs in game you still aren't making +10's in time.

You're a terrible person.
11/05/2018 10:47 PMPosted by Felgoop
11/05/2018 11:12 AMPosted by Fierytaint
People think they are ready for M+10 when they reach a certain ilvl. However the reality is that you need to actually learn each dungeon

No, that's simply not true.

You are running the mythic plus with the best tank )blood DK) with the best healer (resto druid) and the TWO BEST aoe dps classes and then you come on here and talk trash to other people.

To top it off you're barely pulling off +10's with pretty muich the best possible outcome. Even with some of the best most OP specs in game you still aren't making +10's in time.

You're a terrible person.

First of all, you haven't considered that we literally only run them for completion. I run with fellow guildies when they need a DPS or when I still need my 10 key completion for the week. When we do those runs we are not actively trying to make the timer. I enjoy M+ with my guildmates but many of them only run one 10+ for the weekly cache. Since they aren't running all the time, I prefer to focus my time on other things rather than run with PUGS. With that said, we literally never worry about group comp. It just so happens the run I completed last week was with a Blood DK tank and a Resto Druid (both officers in my guild), but if you cared to look at previous weeks you would see that it isn't the usual situation. I've ran with every class of tank except Guardian Druid. Same goes for healers. And the reason I am able to run with a variety of classes/specs is because I'm part of this community called a guild where we like to help each other out and trust each other more than random people.

Moral of the story, if you want to succeed at M+ then quit coming to the forums to complain and instead look at what you can do to improve your situation. Perhaps you should consider joining a guild so that you don't have to be judged by your class/spec and can run with people you can trust. Its most certainly a better use of your time than stalking my raider.io to see how I'm doing just because I disagreed with your ridiculous rant on the WoW Forums.

So which one of us is a terrible person? Call me all the names you want if it makes you feel better, it certainly doesn't bother me, lol.