8.1 Guardian Druid changes

Druid
Can somebody please post a link to where I can find the 8.1 Guardian Druid changes at? I can't find these anywhere

And when is this patch expected to release, in a few months or the beginning of next year or when
10/25/2018 06:27 AMPosted by Kozyx
Can somebody please post a link to where I can find the 8.1 Guardian Druid changes at? I can't find these anywhere

And when is this patch expected to release, in a few months or the beginning of next year or when

Many are expecting shortly after Blizzcon since a lot of their manpower is going into running it right now. Probably the Tues after the 10th.

As far as the changes go, its mostly Datamining right now and there's no big blue post on it.... (Which is annoying as hell).

Faide from the Druid Discord wrote up a quick summary that is pretty much it:

8.1 PTR Changes Summary
- Damage aura increased to 16% (from 4%).
- Stampeding Roar cooldown reduced to 1 min (from 2 min).
- Intimidating Roar replaced with Ursol's Vortex.

Assessment:
These are very positive changes that directly address our pain points (damage/threat, dungeon utility). There are still issues to be addressed - our self-sustain is very weak, we have no baseline offensive cooldown and we have a few talent rows that could use a second pass - but on the whole Guardian is looking to be in a much better spot in 8.1 than in 8.0.(edited)

I happen to disagree with Faide on having Wild Charge and Ursol's on the same tier. I'd rather have Intimidating Roar back and Wild Charge be made baseline.
Sorry if this is a stupid question but Wtf is "damage aura"? I'm assuming it's threat generation?
The aura is applied to all the abilities so just a flat out increase to damage from 4% to 16% or about 11.54% increase in damage
auras are basically invisible base increase decrease. so going from a 4% dmg to a 16% is a really good increase (as it means basically all damage we do is increased)

and as stated above it is good, but nto enough.
Bears bring so little to fights that other tanks bring.

self heal is weak (i mean i made a VDH for dual gathering and foudn out they are so much betetr at basically everythign than bears even healing...which is sad)

no counter to magic damage excluding BS and SI which are on 1 and 3min CD's
(and magic dmg in mythic+ is lethal)

Ursol vortex will help us kite (which is atm an issue) but given its a talent....is lame as F.

unlike monks/bdk/vdh we lack aoe interupt/silence. (cant remember if pally shield is still aoe silence or not)

and a bitm ore.

overall a step in right direction, but more is hopefully coming to bring us up tothe others
The damage aura boost needs to be bigger, IMO. We're at least 25-30% behind the good tanks right now.

I can live without Wild Charge, since I spent most of Legion with Gutteral Roars instead. The return of Vortex is interesting, but not necessarily great. Vortex + Typhoon still isn't the equal of D&D slow, for example. But it is better than nothing, and bears might actually be able to reset necrotic stacks without help now.

Kiting has 2 parts: getting away from the mobs, and having enough threat that you hold aggro while doing so. Bears fail on both parts right now. After the changes we'll be ok on part 1, but still weak on part 2 IMO.

I didn't ask for this. Will it take you out of bear form when casting?
10/25/2018 12:10 PMPosted by Sanctorum

Once upon a time, Ursol's Vortex was a baseline ability for bears. It didn't cancel bear form then, so I'd hope it doesn't now.

Either Vortex or Charge should be baseline though. Compared to other tanks, the 8.1 Guardian talents just seem to give us the option to use TWO talent rows together for inferior utility.
10/25/2018 12:10 PMPosted by Sanctorum

Nope.

Ursol's Vortex
Conjures a vortex of wind for 10 sec at the destination, reducing the movement speed of all enemies within 8 yards by 50%. The first time an enemy attempts to leave the vortex, winds will pull that enemy back to its center.
Usable in all shapeshift forms.
30 yd range.
Instant cast.
60 sec cooldown.
But it doesn't interupt. Not sure why they thought this was needed, seems like I would still prefer intimidating roar. It interrupts, has a farily short CD, and it helps with positioning, and quick no damage window that can save you during an oh!@#$ moment.
10/25/2018 12:47 PMPosted by Sanctorum
But it doesn't interupt. Not sure why they thought this was needed, seems like I would still prefer intimidating roar. It interrupts, has a farily short CD, and it helps with positioning, and quick no damage window that can save you during an oh!@#$ moment.

Ursol's Vortex isn't meant to be an interrupt, it's meant to be a short-lived snare or position tool we can use in niche situations. Imagine Sanguine week and a mob runs off at low health and the direction it runs is right toward a Sanguine pool. Now we can use Vortex to delay it reaching the pool so ranged can kill it before it starts to heal back up. We can use Vortex as a snare to create a gap to temporarily kite trash, allowing the healer to top us off or play catch-up.

We still have access to Incap Roar, which is still an AoE interrupt. The only thing we lost with the talent swap is we don't have a talent that was suppose to cause the interrupt/daze to last for 3 seconds. In my experience, it never lasted that long anyway and always broke early, hence why I suspect it was eliminated.

I'm curious how you think Intimidating Roar helped with positioning.
^ I guess I can see how it can be useful now that you've put it that way. I like to sometimes use it to rearrange myself quickly without the mobs moving, or if a dps hits something too hard too quick, I can keep the main group in a spot to quickly grab the runner, ect.
10/25/2018 02:31 PMPosted by Sanctorum
^ I guess I can see how it can be useful now that you've put it that way. I like to sometimes use it to rearrange myself quickly without the mobs moving, or if a dps hits something too hard too quick, I can keep the main group in a spot to quickly grab the runner, ect.

You can also use Ursols+Typhoon to create a super tight stack to AoE down. About the Size of Sigil of Chains.