Is classic Handicapped friendly?

Classic Discussion
Vanilla was played by clickers that had no idea what they were doing on computers that could only pump out 10 FPS, you will be fine.
I played with 1 hand all the time back then. It was my early teen years...
Blizzard added the "Click to Move" option in vanilla so that players could play one-handed. It was mainly to appeal to the Korean market where players often play with a cigarette in the other hand in Internet cafes.
10/29/2018 05:51 PMPosted by Tyrilina
Vanilla was played by clickers that had no idea what they were doing on computers that could only pump out 10 FPS, you will be fine.

This...

There where pvp videos back in the day with keyboard turning, click to move, etc..

One from my server was at least AQ40 geared when he released his video doing the above... He got trolled about it relentlessly, so I wouldn't recommend releasing any videos unless it also explains your handicap.... but it's not mechanically impossible.
10/29/2018 04:16 PMPosted by Michaelsog
Is classic handicapped friendly? For someone who only has one hand to play with? Etc.

If not, what can one handed players do to make playing wow easier to play without foot pedals, only one hand.

Yes, it was specifically designed to play while smoking limiting you to a single hand.

This was a specific design philosophy engineered for Korea where Blizzard has assumed the game would be biggest back in the very early 2000's.

You should have no issues playing with a single hand. =)
10/29/2018 06:19 PMPosted by Härländ
Is classic handicapped friendly? For someone who only has one hand to play with? Etc.

If not, what can one handed players do to make playing wow easier to play without foot pedals, only one hand.

Yes, it was specifically designed to play while smoking limiting you to a single hand.

This was a specific design philosophy engineered for Korea where Blizzard has assumed the game would be biggest back in the very early 2000's.

Wait Korea? Those same guys that do like 200000000 apm in Starcraft?
If one of the RP servers have the equivalent of a Moon Guard inn...

Maybe you can play one-handed?
I was gonna say vanilla would be easier to adapt to because of the slower pace of the GCD, but the mobs are also way harder.

Kinda equals out really.

You could do some setup hotkey macro magic and do pretty great. Only issue would be targetting mobs but if you heal...
10/29/2018 06:38 PMPosted by Studmuffyn
10/29/2018 06:19 PMPosted by Härländ

Wait Korea? Those same guys that do like 200000000 apm in Starcraft?

Yup, they're speed clickers. A buddy of mine from Guam can speed click as mouse so fast that the noise it makes is almost a solid tone. I am not even kidding, its ridiculous.

Dude's like him are why they invented the global CD.

You should have no trouble playing with one hand as a caster class. Melee would be harder, but do able if you have a mouse with a lot of buttons.
Used to have a guy named Armani in our guild who lost his arm in Iraq. He did fine, got his name from his nickname one arm manny
10/29/2018 04:47 PMPosted by Studmuffyn
10/29/2018 04:21 PMPosted by Cyberwins

I think about 1.7 million currently play iirc.

now if that were only true,lol

He said “about”. Until you as brave white knight have actual numbers provided by your lordship, you cannot prove otherwise. It could very well be 1,699,999 subs remaining.
10/29/2018 07:56 PMPosted by Thermiss
10/29/2018 04:47 PMPosted by Studmuffyn

now if that were only true,lol

He said “about”. Until you as brave white knight have actual numbers provided by your lordship, you cannot prove otherwise. It could very well be 1,699,999 subs remaining.

lol I am hardly a white knight, I just call out BS when I see it, especially when something was debunked and is very clearly biased. I don't have to prove anything,Blizzard already debunked that figure, so yah there is no proof that figure is in anyway remotely accurate.

The bias is easy to prove too, just imagine if that same tweeter had said 10.7 million, you would not believe it now would you?
its not going to give u any special treatment if thats what u are asking about

use click to move ,macro and keybind
if api is not changed and certain lua commands for /script will be in game then classic will have some op macros
there was a raider in my guild back in Vanilla .. can't remember his name, but he was a hunter, raided all the way up to Naxx with us using a QuadJoy set up.. sucking and blowing on straws, and did quite well kiting what needed to be kited and tranq shot

... this was a guy with no arms or legs
I remember playing with someone missing a hand and wouldnt have known had it not been told to me.

I think he did alright from what I recall.
All jokes aside, you can play with one hand if you have a good gaming mouse.

And if you have to pick a class, I highly recommend to get a MouseOver addon and you play as a healer (Probably paladins would be the easiest, or priests).
10/29/2018 05:45 PMPosted by Nicho
Yes it is friendly to someone without a hand. I have a mouse with action buttons on the side and when I cut off part of my finger I was playing nost and had no issue playing it with one hand and it took me all of 30 mins to get use to it.

But honestly I wouldn’t play something like rogue or melee classes tbh they can be tough to postition. But if you have been missing the hand for awhile you may be better than I was

as far as I remember correctly, there was a Chinese company making mice with directional joysticks on the thumb side, but looks like they don't operate anymore, and I've been hearing complaints about the quality of them.
10/30/2018 03:43 AMPosted by Seijuron
All jokes aside, you can play with one hand if you have a good gaming mouse.

And if you have to pick a class, I highly recommend to get a MouseOver addon and you play as a healer (Probably paladins would be the easiest, or priests).

well, the OP never said which hand is that. And I've never seen a mouse like G600 or razer naga, for left-handed. I've only seen keypads with joysticks, but joystick is not quite as good as an actual mouse.
10/29/2018 04:21 PMPosted by Cyberwins
10/29/2018 04:18 PMPosted by Remigius
In my experience there are plenty of handicapped people playing wow.

I think about 1.7 million currently play iirc.

I see what you did there