Identifying BFA Issues/Thoughts

General Discussion
What do you think are the major issues with BFA? Pick as many as you want or tell me if there is something not on this list. Also helpful to explain why.

1. Azerite Armor
2. Titanforging/Warforging
3. Too much RNG
4. Profession Changes
5. Random sockets/Tertiary Stats
6. Lore/Story
7. Not enough content
8. Game breaking bugs
9. Lack of Community
10. Class/Spec is not viable for your gameplay
11. Nothing innovative from Legion
12. Warfront Mechanics/Gear
13. Island Expedition Drops/Mechanics
14. PVP
15. Mythic Plus Dungeon Affixes
16. No Player Choice
17. Lack of Player Interaction/Communication
18. No New Classes
19. Raid Mechanics too Hard for your difficulty bracket
20. Raid Mechanics too Easy for your difficulty bracket
21. Oversaturation of Gear Drops
22. Mission Tables Unappealing
23. Champion Equipment
24. Uninteresting Mounts
25. Gear Vendor in 8.1 are still too RNG
26. No PVP Gear Vendor
27. GCD on Abilities
28. Overgearing Dungeons too Quickly
29. Azerite System as a whole
30. No Old Talent Trees
31. Costs of Azerite Armor Reforge too High
32. All of the above
33. None of the Above
34. Other (Please Explain)

Purpose of this is to provide a clear feedback for Blizzard.

For me PVP and Raiding are not something I have done in BFA so I don't have an opinion on those yet. I have experienced clipping bugs but overall I am not to concerned because those will eventually be fixed. I am not too concerned with the old talent trees or a new class.

On Mission Tables, I would prefer them not to be in the game but since they are in BFA I feel they are useless after reputation becomes exalted. I wish they would add rep tokens to the mission table in the mean time. Champion Equipment is too expensive to create and ends up not feeling worth it in the long run.

I dislike the Azerite System because it doesn't feel good when you get a new piece of gear and have to wait to grind out more Heart of Azerite levels to get enough traits to feel like an upgrade. I think Titanforging/Warforging and RNG sockets/tertiary stats make gear feel bad when it isn't a perfect roll which happens more often than not. The lack of CC mechanics and communication in normal and heroic dungeons makes them boring inbetween boss fights. I am disappointed that Tier Sets were replaced for themed armor sets (more so for my Demon Hunter). There seems to be a lack of secret to unlock like there was in Legion.

Warfront and Island Expeditions were fun for a couple runs but quickly turned stale when the mechanics and the way you approach them is repetitive.

As far as the art, it is extremely good so I am happy about that. The story is not too bad but I will have to see where it goes as the expansion rolls on. I do feel there is not enough content and the reason for that is that Suramar had a big chunk of story for players to do even after max level. The War Campaign is ok but is over too quickly. I think there wasn't enough initial War Campaign story to sink my teeth into.

The Alliance vendor mounts are pretty lackluster and barely provide incentive to do the reputations other than counting toward the next meta achievement for mount collection. GCD is an issue with some of my alts rotations. I am not good at identifying where specifically the issue is but I will leave that up to class threads and class balance to hash out. I do know that my Demonology Warlock feels underpowered. Not running him in instances yet but just outdoor world content.

I have ran into rising Azerite reforge costs and they can feel bad. I think that it was a mistake to not bring the Legion Fishing stuff forward considering that fishing is a big part of cooking and feasts in BFA. I think showering me with gear is only good because it counter balances the heavy RNG of TF/WF/Sockets/Tertiary rolling perfect. I would rather have gear that drops with the stats that it will drop rather than having my hopes of an upgrade be smashed from an unperfect roll.

I may have forgotten something on the list but if I haven't mentioned it then I probably still have an issue with it on a general level. These things I have touched on though are diminishing the excitement and enjoyment for the game. I hope that some of these things gets fixed because I enjoy WoW and would like to see it thrive for many more years to come.
If Blizzard does care, they better start showing it.

Because if not, WoW will die due to the utter lack of meaningful gameplay progression.

As I have typed up once before, RNGesus called; he wants his RNG back.

As to your list, the issues started to become drastic with the WoD Alpha not being listened to by Blizzard. The real problem was the Cataclysm going to a developer faction bias data point, and it started to show then.

Now?

Yea, this game is doomed.

And not only is Blizzard the only group able to fix it, their single response to meaningful, "This isn't fun!" feedback thus far is literally, "You think you know what you want, but you don't."
I see Warmode didn't make it onto your list.
- ilvl scaling ie lack of feeling of progression at reaching max level till you then complete a secondary gear grind... actually make that putting all character progression into RNG earned gear based farming rather than progressing though leveling and toon based abilities.

- screwing up the specs I enjoyed in legion - i'm not even talking about power or balance, I'm talking about stripping them down till they were nothing but spam 3 buttons with no actually gameplay mechanics.
10/31/2018 01:02 PMPosted by Turgin
As to your list, the issues started to become drastic with the WoD Alpha not being listened to by Blizzard. The real problem was the Cataclysm going to a developer faction bias data point, and it started to show then.

Yeah I agree the game started to truly disappoint me during WoD with nearly all the end game in raids or the garrison. I some things they did with the garrison like player choice but when you can get raid loot drops and farm out profession mats in the garrison then that's what caused me to burn out. When the shipyard was announced, I thought FINALLY we get boats to do combat in with our characters but nope. It was another mission table. LFR had its pros but as time went on the cons are starting to show more and more. Its not that its completely awful but it is awful for the community not to be communicating during a boss encounter. And with trash in general, they need to bring back the need to cc. Having the ability to do that and having no need for it outside pvp is awful as well.

10/31/2018 01:02 PMPosted by Turgin
Yea, this game is doomed.

I sure hope not. It is sick though and Blizzard has the medicine. They just need to work on some of these issues players have.
10/31/2018 01:06 PMPosted by Devsham

I excluded Warmode because I have yet to see any negative feedback from it. If you have issues I would like to hear about them. I personally haven't used it often enough to encounter any issues.
10/31/2018 01:08 PMPosted by Djarro
ilvl scaling ie lack of feeling of progression at reaching max level till you then complete a secondary gear grind...

Are you talking about when you hit max level and the mobs scale with you that it feels like it nullified your gear grind?
10/31/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Realmweaver
10/31/2018 01:08 PMPosted by Djarro
ilvl scaling ie lack of feeling of progression at reaching max level till you then complete a secondary gear grind...

Are you talking about when you hit max level and the mobs scale with you that it feels like it nullified your gear grind?

You feel powerful while leveling, but then as a fresh 120 you feel weak. This is not only ilvl scaling, but also azerite traits that you previously had are now locked behind a larger grind on higher ilvl azerite armor. Couple that with no 120 talent tree and it just feels bad.

Talking about when i ding 120 at @300 ilvl and mobs I was maybe needing 5-ish hits for now need 10+ including cool downs. Then needing to get to 340-ish to even feel normal on my toon again. Sure, it doesn't take long, but its crap. I just hit max, my toon should feel good to play, not "great, I'm max now, guess I have to grind gear to be playable again".
i hate mob scaling. This is by far the worst leveling experience ive ever played on this game. And it does not help that when you hit 120 you get weaker or at least seem to. I think about 115 it starts to slow down. Now im not saying its terrible. Its just worse than anything of expanion ive played.

Why they thought fixing something i never read anyone complaining about amazes me.
10/31/2018 01:31 PMPosted by Binkyboy

You feel powerful while leveling, but then as a fresh 120 you feel weak. This is not only ilvl scaling, but also azerite traits that you previously had are now locked behind a larger grind on higher ilvl azerite armor. Couple that with no 120 talent tree and it just feels bad.

I completely agree. It does feel bad. I think that if they were to scale outdoor world content, it should have a smaller ramp up than it currently has. The whole point of gearing up is to eventually smash outdoor world content, but with how closely mob difficulty scales with ilvl increase, it almost feels like you are not gearing at all.
10/31/2018 01:34 PMPosted by Djarro

Talking about when i ding 120 at @300 ilvl and mobs I was maybe needing 5-ish hits for now need 10+ including cool downs. Then needing to get to 340-ish to even feel normal on my toon again. Sure, it doesn't take long, but its crap. I just hit max, my toon should feel good to play, not "great, I'm max now, guess I have to grind gear to be playable again".

I agree. The scaling of mobs should start after you get to 320 or 330. Not right away.
10/31/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Xarron
i hate mob scaling. This is by far the worst leveling experience ive ever played on this game. And it does not help that when you hit 120 you get weaker or at least seem to. I think about 115 it starts to slow down. Now im not saying its terrible. Its just worse than anything of expanion ive played.

Why they thought fixing something i never read anyone complaining about amazes me.

Yeah I agree and its perfectly valid. I think their explanation for this was that by the time players got into Argus world quest gear, players were 1 shoting everything on the Broken Isles. Now I agree we should overpower mobs through gearing, I don't think 1 shoting mobs all the time is particularly fun either. I personally think they should have started a slow scaling after 320 or 330 ilvl but that is just me. Its a number tweak and hopefully they will get things right.
Is this just you, OP, having a conversation with yourself?

lol
10/31/2018 01:50 PMPosted by Therric
Is this just you, OP, having a conversation with yourself?

lol

Are you here to contribute to the discussion or just to troll?
I also think Blizzard needs to restrict level 1 forum posters that have no armory from taking part on the forums. If they don't play the game, they shouldn't have an opinion on it. Anonymity breeds toxicity.
My level 80 Horde Enh Shaman feels more powerful and uses the same rotation as my 120 Alliance Shaman main. This isn't right.
10/31/2018 01:15 PMPosted by Realmweaver
10/31/2018 01:06 PMPosted by Devsham

I excluded Warmode because I have yet to see any negative feedback from it. If you have issues I would like to hear about them. I personally haven't used it often enough to encounter any issues.

At no point in the games history did I receive lest XP for being on a PVE server. That's a slap on the face. PVP should reward pvp rewards not pve rewards.

10/31/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Xarron

Mob scaling is the literally worst thing they have ever done. I literally feel weaker as I level. I get to level cap and it doesn't even feel like gear is effecting me.