I call BS on why you hate WoD

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
I'm trying very hard to figure out what was so bad about Warlords of Draenor.

The music is amazing, the zones are beautiful, the addition of the new doodads was excellent, and the garrison was never as bad as people made it out to be. You don't go to cities to interact with other people, you go there to use NPC services, questing hubs, and bank/AH. At least I do. How many of you ACTUALLY felt there wasn't enough 'player interaction' because of the garrisons? Really?

The only criticism that makes sense to me is the cut content, Pathfinder/no flying, and OMG SO MUCH CUT CONTENT. Are the people who hate it really that involved in the lore and quests? Do you really care that much about how many raid tiers there are? If so, then fine. If that's what makes or breaks an expansion for you, well...

Is that really enough to make SO MANY people say they feel it is the worst expansion to date? I don't think you guys give WoD enough credit, I DO think WoD haters are playing into the echo chamber issue too much. I mean, people are saying that BfA isn't as bad as WoD and I am distinctly not remembering WoD being that bad.

Feel free to point out how WoD was the worst expansion to date.
I mean, the same is true of BfA. The music, zones, art are amazing.

.. but the game is more than the art. There's still issues.
The content was great. There wasn’t enough content, that was the problem. WOD was the definition of “content drought “
I don't WoD was the worst expansion - Cataclysm was worse IMO. But WoD got really old really fast.
huh...WOW...I feel like such an idiot now for having my own preferences and opinions.
THANK YOU op for letting me know how I shouldnt care about what I like...but what you tell me I like

:-)
11/01/2018 08:13 PMPosted by Sesshomaru
I'm trying very hard to figure out what was so bad about Warlords of Draenor.

The music is amazing, the zones are beautiful, the addition of the new doodads was excellent, and the garrison was never as bad as people made it out to be. You don't go to cities to interact with other people, you go there to use NPC services, questing hubs, and bank/AH. At least I do. How many of you ACTUALLY felt there wasn't enough 'player interaction' because of the garrisons? Really?

The only criticism that makes sense to me is the cut content, Pathfinder/no flying, and OMG SO MUCH CUT CONTENT. Are the people who hate it really that involved in the lore and quests? Do you really care that much about how many raid tiers there are? If so, then fine. If that's what makes or breaks an expansion for you, well...

Is that really enough to make SO MANY people say they feel it is the worst expansion to date? I don't think you guys give WoD enough credit, I DO think WoD haters are playing into the echo chamber issue too much. I mean, people are saying that BfA isn't as bad as WoD and I am distinctly not remembering WoD being that bad.

Feel free to point out how WoD was the worst expansion to date.

Simple.

You are experiencing WoD in a small dose. You can leave it whenever you want to do more current content. You can pick it up and put it down like the good book it is.

When most of the haters experienced it, it was all they had. It was constantly being promised new content and features only to have the entire dev team give up on it for an 18 month content drought.

You...you can breeze through BRF and HFC in your 120 gear, get to the end and think “So THATs what happened!”

Us...those who lived and died through that content, struggled to reach those cut scenes...we thought “Wait...really? That’s it???”

WoD was our Nam. You just don’t know CAUSE YOU WERENT THERE, MAN!!!
Try managing garrisons for 7 alts with different professions and you'll start to understand.
WoD had a great strong start, it just sort of faded off. One of the main issues was really just the lack of end game content. There was almost none.

By the second half of the expansion I could barely even justify logging on because there was simply nothing to do outside of raiding. It was the content drought to end all content droughts.
WoD NOW is amazing.

Vanilla is also amazing now, as is very other zone because we have content in each of them, enough to satisfy us, allow us to move somewhere else and come back as we please.

Just look at BFA, in 12 months new or returning players will look back and go "This is amazing", but during the content?
11/01/2018 08:20 PMPosted by Ashislashi
huh...WOW...I feel like such an idiot now for having my own preferences and opinions.
THANK YOU op for letting me know how I shouldnt care about what I like...but what you tell me I like

:-)

Such a jackass. Never once did I say what you should or shouldn't like. I'm simply questioning the hate train.

11/01/2018 08:21 PMPosted by Hesselhoff
Simple.

You are experiencing WoD in a small dose. You can leave it whenever you want to do more current content. You can pick it up and put it down like the good book it is.

When most of the haters experienced it, it was all they had. It was constantly being promised new content and features only to have the entire dev team give up on it for an 18 month content drought.

You...you can breeze through BRF and HFC in your 120 gear, get to the end and think “So THATs what happened!”

Us...those who lived and died through that content, struggled to reach those cut scenes...we thought “Wait...really? That’s it???”

WoD was our Nam. You just don’t know CAUSE YOU WERENT THERE, MAN!!!

I played through WoD when it was current content, just casually and later in the expansion. I absolutely understand why people hate what Blizzard did with WoD, what with them cutting SO MUCH CONTENT(I'll never get over this) and having what, half(?) the Dev team working on Legion instead.

I just don't understand why people retrospectively call it the worst expansion to date.
WoD had a great start. It just didn't go anywhere after that.
here's the thing about wod, having leveled past it twice in the last month now.

it's great in passing. a fantastic passerby experience. but when you have to deal with it for an entire two years, you get tired of logging in, checking your mission table, farming your mine and herb boxes and logging out.

because after a month or two that was LITERALLY THE ENTIRE EXPANSION.
I think it's one of those things that you had to experience while it was current content to understand why it's so hated.

I noticed that a lot of folks who were never around for it that level through the content can't see why people hated that expansion.
Beause it was fun up to max level: then zero.

WOD was raid, pvp or GTFO. It failed.
11/01/2018 08:25 PMPosted by Sesshomaru
I just don't understand why people retrospectively call it the worst expansion to date.

Something has to hold the bottom spot. Comparatively there are people who feel the rest of the expansions were better. I just can't think of a single expansion I've played that I enjoyed less than WoD.
What was there was good, it was the length between content releases and the stuff that was expected that got cut. I especially enjoyed leveling in wod. A lot of people also didnt care for the mission tables sayong wow was becoming a mobile game, legion and bfa simplified it a little. I think as long as bfa doesnt hold back, has a good release schedule and makes improvments on the things being criticized itll be a great expac.. i mean honestly it hasnt been out long enough to call it what people are calling it. I am personnally having fun, but im also leveling allied race alts so im not just grinding crap for better gear, havent even touched m+ or normal+ raids this expac yet.
I didn't play during WoD. But my experience leveling through it after the fact:

No flying plus I didn't like the first zone. Since I leveled to 98 by the time I finished that first zone I honestly have never been to any of the other zones. And after the first I didn't want to explore the rest of the place. Nobody ever sent me to go anywhere else so my entire experience is the zone you're garrison is. I just didn't enjoy my time playing it at all. The storyline was exceedingly redundant and boring. "We gotta take over this place. Now this place. Now this place. Save those people and then attack so we can take over that place. I honestly just felt like I was replaying the same quest chain over and over again.
have you ever tried to farm rep in WOD?
Alright, I think I'm getting a decent idea here.

WoD was really bad because it wasn't a expansion that could keep you subbed for the entire time? The content drought was bad enough to make you feel as if it was pointless to log in EXCEPT for raiding.

So the questing, leveling, and other such content that you get to experience right off the bat wasn't the main issue, it was the fact that you didn't always have a compelling reason to keep coming back.

Is that basically right? What expansion fulfilled this desire to be able to have a reason to keep logging in to do stuff ASIDE from just raiding? Personally never met an expansion I don't get bored with eventually.
11/01/2018 08:29 PMPosted by Sacarver
have you ever tried to farm rep in WOD?

god dont remind me

YOU EVER WANTED TO GRIND WORLD MOBS FOR LITERALLY DAYS JUST TO GET TO REVERED AND THEN ANOTHER WEEK FOR EXALTED