cellphone diablo trailer at 117k dislikes

General Discussion
1 2 3 13 Next
maybe blizzard should try and get back in touch with their fan base?
Brigading means nothing, everyone single one of those dislikes will still download and play the game. Many of them will likely waste money on the microtrasactions that probably infest it as well.
11/02/2018 07:41 PMPosted by Demonoid
Brigading means nothing, everyone single one of those dislikes will still download and play the game. Many of them will likely waste money on the microtrasactions that probably infest it as well.

Keep telling yourself that.
For everyone defending this let me say this. They got Boo'd. At Blizzcon. That's really bad. Those are your most hardcore of fans.

I understand the intention was to grab onto the China mobile market which is huge and untapped but they should have released this announcement during China Joy or another Chinese con and not AS THE CLOSER TO BLIZZCON!

No D2 remaster. No promised story expansion for D3. Like 5 years of no content and then a mobile game? That's being handed off to Netease who just reskinned Crusader of Light for Diablo?

Massive insult.
Doubt it. Touchscreen video games are all garbage. Especially an action based one
everyone single one of those dislikes will still download and play the game

The gods-be-damned Hell I will.
can I play it on my galaxy watch?

I will not.

Doubt it.
11/02/2018 07:42 PMPosted by Dreadfury

Yeah keep deluding yourself into thinking that a hundred thousand revolting basement dwellers will mean anything when it's introduced to the millions of people who aren't triggered by game news they didn't like.

The reaction is meaningless, everyone will play it, you will play it don't pretend you won't.

D3 was hot garbage. Diablo 2 was great.

I'm not playing a trash port of a trash game on my phone.
11/02/2018 07:42 PMPosted by Lockoclock
For everyone defending this let me say this. They got Boo'd. At Blizzcon. That's really bad. Those are your most hardcore of fans.

I understand the intention was to grab onto the China mobile market which is huge and untapped but they should have released this announcement during China Joy or another Chinese con and not AS THE CLOSER TO BLIZZCON!

No D2 remaster. No promised story expansion for D3. Like 5 years of no content and then a mobile game? That's being handed off to Netease who just reskinned Crusader of Light for Diablo?

Massive insult.

So the game isn’t for you that means it is a failure? God the entitled here on this forum are pathetic.
11/02/2018 07:46 PMPosted by Gorthraw
So the game isn’t for you that means it is a failure? God the entitled here on this forum are pathetic.

It is a game that serves to continue the Diablo lore and is ACTIVELY alienating all the Diablo fans in the process. Diablo fans won't get into this because it's some crappy watered-down pay-to-win mobile game, and mobile gamers won't get into this because the Diablo community is notoriously toxic alongside the fact that there are a hundred and one better mobile games than some crappy Diablo game.

Moreover, the company that developed this game literally took one of their older games and just reused 99% of the assets and reskinned it to be Diablo. It is tit-for-tat the same otherwise.
11/02/2018 07:46 PMPosted by Ghuldokk
D3 was hot garbage. Diablo 2 was great.

I'm not playing a trash port of a trash game on my phone.

D3 was/is still fairly popular and they didn't take D2 away from you. You can still play the game.

I get being upset with Candiablo Crush, I honestly do, but I also thing Activision doesn't give 2 craps about what a handful of noisy people nostalgic about D2 think and a brigaded downvote party on the video isn't going to change their mind and decide not to release it or some crap.

I am personally sick and tired of the "Let's go back" crowd. Everyone wants frackin WoW Classic, "remastered" D1/D2.

What the hell happened to new games? Sick of this rehash culture. Even the new Diablo game is just a mini story of some crap that happened between D2 and D3 :/

Massive insult.

...Did you even read what I said. If they had said they were remastering 2 and then threw this in? No issue. As the only Diablo related news in 5 years and the pithy "don't you have phones?".

But sure ignore the researched answer for a quip. Well done.

Massive insult.

If they did indeed get a negative reaction from the crowd...good lord, that's not going to look too good to the shareholders. I didn't see the live reveal, but I did follow things on wowhead. When I saw it was a mobile game all I could do was laugh.

To hype up Diablo for this year's Blizzcon only for people to receive a mobile game? Just...yeah, I have nothing but laughter in response. It's just embarrassing.
11/02/2018 07:58 PMPosted by Kentaurus

Massive insult.

If they did indeed get a negative reaction from the crowd...good lord, that's not going to look too good to the shareholders. I didn't see the live reveal, but I did follow things on wowhead. When I saw it was a mobile game all I could do was laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5QRgpjfarY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY9cSFRBzJc

It was really, really bad.

You are kidding yourself. I hate mobile games with a passion and I absolutely will not be downloading it. I disliked it.
11/02/2018 07:44 PMPosted by Demonoid
11/02/2018 07:42 PMPosted by Dreadfury

Yeah keep deluding yourself into thinking that a hundred thousand revolting basement dwellers will mean anything when it's introduced to the millions of people who aren't triggered by game news they didn't like.

The reaction is meaningless, everyone will play it, you will play it don't pretend you won't.

Mobile games are not always financially successful. This can seriously backfire for them if there is not a market out there for this game. They just turned on their fans cold.