cellphone diablo trailer at 117k dislikes

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 13 Next
D-DO YOU NOT HAVE A CELLPHONE?!
Will it work on the apple iwatch?
Pretty obvious that blizzard is just Activision now. All about the quick cash grab and nit making quality products.

Long gone are the days of Games for gamers made by gamers.

#dontyounithavephones
Would probably had a better reception if it was a multi platform game (mobile, pc, console). I can see why people are upset that this game is mobile only.
11/03/2018 03:36 AMPosted by Warstrike
Will it work on the apple iwatch?

Will it work on my fridge?
11/02/2018 08:03 PMPosted by Kalorea
11/02/2018 07:41 PMPosted by Demonoid
Brigading means nothing, everyone single one of those dislikes will still download and play the game. Many of them will likely waste money on the microtrasactions that probably infest it as well.

You are kidding yourself. I hate mobile games with a passion and I absolutely will not be downloading it. I disliked it.

Same here I think it being a mobile game is completely lame and I won't download it either.
11/02/2018 08:04 PMPosted by Kalorea
11/02/2018 07:44 PMPosted by Demonoid
Yeah keep deluding yourself into thinking that a hundred thousand revolting basement dwellers will mean anything when it's introduced to the millions of people who aren't triggered by game news they didn't like.

The reaction is meaningless, everyone will play it, you will play it don't pretend you won't.

Mobile games are not always financially successful. This can seriously backfire for them if there is not a market out there for this game. They just turned on their fans cold.
Indeed Sony at a time tried pioneering the market with their games it went south fast Little Big Planet did terrible and some other games too that they pulled out the mobile market asap. Plus Dungeon Keeper is another fine example how not everything is meant for such a market.
Lol I looked at the youtube video I watched it has 1.2k likes and 16k dislikes need to check your fans before you release some garbage.
I can feel your anger. It gives you focus, makes you stronger!
11/02/2018 08:09 PMPosted by Lockoclock
Netease who just reskinned a game called Crusader of Light with Diablo assets and put it out.
What is even more worse, Crusader of Light is a plagiarised rip off of an online Russian mmorpg called 'Allods online'. Essentially, Blizzard just announced a reskinned game of a reskinned game.
11/03/2018 03:44 AMPosted by Apollokai
Would probably had a better reception if it was a multi platform game (mobile, pc, console). I can see why people are upset that this game is mobile only.
I recall discussing this subject with someone on these forums who claimed that mobile was the future and Blizzard should focus on that instead. I couldn't help but laugh because that person didn't get it.

Apparently there are some people who see mobile games as competition for PC/console games created by Blizzard Entertainment and that doesn't make much sense. They're all technically games, but that's where the similarities end. People only play cheap mobile games when they go on trips or if they're waiting for a Doctors appointment.

Blizzard should create them as a side project, but avoid major game announcements where everyone is informed that the game is mobile only. (That's a major yikes from me, I would never have allowed a friend or colleague to do that.)
11/03/2018 04:02 AMPosted by Arathirian
11/02/2018 08:09 PMPosted by Lockoclock
Netease who just reskinned a game called Crusader of Light with Diablo assets and put it out.
What is even more worse, Crusader of Light is a plagiarised rip off of an online Russian mmorpg called 'Allods online'. Essentially, Blizzard just announced a reskinned game of a reskinned game.

that part isn't a surprise to me ; it happens often (reskins).

even america's mario bros 2 was a reskin of "Doki Doki Panic"

it was originally supposed to be a much harder version of mario bros1 but they thought americans were too soft for the hard difficulty and reskined another game for us.
I think that Diablo Immortal development was smart for Blizzard. They want to reach the potential player base a mobile game offers, which could mean untold amounts of revenue. I don't want to play it, but there are tens of millions of people that will download it without question.

I think announcing a "New Diablo Product" on the Blizzcon main events stage and it turning out to be a mobile game that looks almost identical to Diablo 3 to the player base they're not trying to reach was a terrible marketing mistake. They announced to a bunch of Diablo fans that play on primarily PCs that their favorite franchise is now a mobile game. The announcement was doomed to fail and I cringed watching the replay of the Q&A.

A Diablo 4 announcement in the next year or two will smooth troubled waters, but this was a dumb move by Blizzard and they should have done a lower key announcement or one geared for their targeted audience with Diablo Immortal.
11/03/2018 03:44 AMPosted by Apollokai

But what's worse is that they outsourced this to a Chinese mobile gaming company. They could have still made a pc version or even something with D3, but they are doing nothing. Future of the Diablo franchise is a mobile cash grab.
If it's free I won't even play. I love diablo games but not mobile. Last thing I played on a phone often was angry birds 10 years ago and pokemon go the first month it was out.
Would probably had a better reception if...

I see what you did there!!!
11/02/2018 07:41 PMPosted by Demonoid
Brigading means nothing, everyone single one of those dislikes will still download and play the game. Many of them will likely waste money on the microtrasactions that probably infest it as well.

I disliked the video and I will not be downloading it.

So there you go, proven wrong already.
i went and had a look at the D3 GD forums, and oh boy is that some straight hellfire going on.

so much snark and anger. as a lot of the threads are saying, tomorrows D:I Q and A panel is sure going to be something to behold. /popcorn
I mean, I play Hearthstone almost exclusively on my phone and that isn't a problem. What concerns me is that Blizzard didn't actually develop this: they outsourced it to the Chinese company Netease and it looks like a clone of Crusaders of Light with DIablo licensing. I mean, I get that "small indy company" is a meme but come on-have some respect for your own franchise and its fans...