Came to the wow forums to see Diablo meltdown

General Discussion
Was not disappointed. This isn't even the Diablo forums haha.

I love the way the outrage had spilled all over the internet like some kinda digital oil spill.
Yeah, it’s been a wild 24 hours. Can’t wait to see what’s on the agenda for tomorrow...
You guys are dismissing this like it doesn't matter.

Blizzard's releasing a pay to win Diablo and has also gotten Youtube to delete over 100k dislikes and 14,000 comments. Blizzard is the one doing this. The same company that makes WoW.

If the company that makes WoW is willing to mass censor people and release pay to win games you can bet its going to start effecting WoW. Look at what happened with Destiny 1 and 2. That's going to eventually be WoW if people keep dismissing all the things Blizzard does
i would be raging on the diablo forums, but im permabanned from the diablo forums for the mental breakdown i had when they released diablo 3.
Yeah, haven't seen so much hate for a tone-deaf decision with a game since that Metroid Federation Force reveal a couple years back. And that too was some epic rage.
It's always hysteria day in GD.
11/03/2018 10:59 PMPosted by Monrith
Blizzard's releasing a pay to win Diablo and has also gotten Youtube to delete over 100k dislikes and 14,000 comments. Blizzard is the one doing this. The same company that makes WoW.

I don't think you can manipulate your like to dislike ratio as you see fit. At least not without having Larry Page's phone number.
11/03/2018 10:42 PMPosted by Anharuhai

I love the way the outrage had spilled all over the internet like some kinda digital oil spill.

Its the occupy tactic ...works everytime. This is what society has become, dont like something?, cause a ruckus. Get as many people as you can to be outraged, even people that dont play diablo.
11/03/2018 11:00 PMPosted by Dirtytricks
i would be raging on the diablo forums, but im permabanned from the diablo forums for the mental breakdown i had when they released diablo 3.

Other than the real money auction house, maybe some bugs, if i remember right, why would you rage about the D3 release?
11/03/2018 11:06 PMPosted by Méo

I don't think you can manipulate your like to dislike ratio as you see fit. At least not without having Larry Page's phone number.

It's been proven through social blade and archive websites that dislikes were removed on that youtube video regularly and comments were mass deleted

You can check it out yourself. Go look up archives of that youtube video and check out the social blade numbers.

If you don't understand what you're looking at there's a handful of youtube videos explaining it in detail

Youtubers don't have the power to remove dislikes and likes, but Youtube itself does. When you're a multi-billion dollar company chances are you have ties at youtube that will give you special perks, such as messing with the like to dislike bar.
11/03/2018 11:10 PMPosted by Genjuros
11/03/2018 11:00 PMPosted by Dirtytricks

Other than the real money auction house, maybe some bugs, if i remember right, why would you rage about the D3 release?

Online only
Graphics too bright and cheerful
Removal of talents
Changing complex rune system into skill mods

Those were some of the major complaints I remember.
Threw my dislike in as well. Not cool to reupload stuff to remove dislikes.
11/03/2018 11:11 PMPosted by Monrith
It's been proven through social blade and archive websites that dislikes were removed on that youtube video regularly and comments were mass deleted

You can check it out yourself. Go look up archives of that youtube video and check out the social blade numbers.

If you don't understand what you're looking at there's a handful of youtube videos explaining it in detail

I'm not denying the number went down and I'm cynical enough to believe that those big corporations could do that. But I think it's a little quick to assume that Blizzard just phoned their bros at big G so they remove the dislikes.

Besides, why bother manipulating the like/dislike ratio if you're going to leave it overwhelmingly negative? That makes no sense to me. Just hide the like/dislike ratio, you don't even need Google for that.

What I believe has happened is that people used bots to amplify the already impressive downvotes and that Google's anti-bot algorithm has caught those fake votes. It has happened in the past.

[/quote]

Because it really doesn't matter.

If the company that makes WoW is willing to mass censor people and release pay to win games you can bet its going to start effecting WoW. Look at what happened with Destiny 1 and 2. That's going to eventually be WoW if people keep dismissing all the things Blizzard does

Reading this I thought you were trolling and then I saw your guild name and it is now confirmed. I love being right, teehee!
Online only
Removal of talents

Yeah the sparkle purple fairy lasers everywhere got me. Oh and the amazingly dull, uninspired loot. Everything is a BORING stat stick. Exactly like current wow's loot. No flavor, no interesting procs. Ugh.
11/04/2018 12:50 AMPosted by Méo
11/03/2018 11:11 PMPosted by Monrith

I'm not denying the number went down and I'm cynical enough to believe that those big corporations could do that. But I think it's a little quick to assume that Blizzard just phoned their bros at big G so they remove the dislikes.

Besides, why bother manipulating the like/dislike ratio if you're going to leave it overwhelmingly negative? That makes no sense to me. Just hide the like/dislike ratio, you don't even need Google for that.

What I believe has happened is that people used bots to amplify the already impressive downvotes and that Google's anti-bot algorithm has caught those fake votes. It has happened in the past.

From one video I watched. It cause they cant keep up with them. They harder they try to erase. the more people post. it like throwing gasoline onto a fire. It freaking funny as all heck.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Online only
Removal of talents

Also, disconnection issues that weren't quite as bad as EA's latest SimCity , but still caused a lot of issues (and the solution involved in some cases--like mine--messing with a user's computer in ways that should not have been necessary, like creating a new user account on your own computer just for Diablo, for pity's sake).

Then, after one patch (iirc) the real-money items people bought having their stats nerfed.
11/03/2018 11:07 PMPosted by Divademonica
11/03/2018 10:42 PMPosted by Anharuhai

Its the occupy tactic ...works everytime. This is what society has become, dont like something?, cause a ruckus. Get as many people as you can to be outraged, even people that dont play diablo.

LOL.

When other people are upset about something, they're just putting on a ruckus to try to convince other people to become outraged.

When you whine and qq about other people, you're showing profound intellectual depth.

Right.
11/04/2018 12:51 AMPosted by Azivalla

Because it really doesn't matter.

This. Why does it matter that Blizzard is making Diablo available to more players? Holy crap people complain literally about everything. You can not keep Diablo to yourself, you have to share.