Kidney Shot

Arenas
11/05/2018 11:25 AMPosted by Awlday
11/05/2018 11:22 AMPosted by Mervz

nobody is suggesting gutting the ability, they are asking for it to be tuned properly. but hey, continue to jump to conclusions since you obv need something to feel offended about

Please, keep suggesting gutting peoples core abilities that players have found ways to play around for 14 years, and even in the current meta, when you have no viable arena experience to base it on. The ability is fine. Nobody Good at arena is suggesting this.

I can hear cdew now "Man we might not win blizzcon if they dont nerf that kidney shot by another second or increase the cd"

In previous expansions there were also more answers to kidney

The main problem is Assa does way too much damage to have Kidney on a 20 second CD

P.S. you probably shouldnt flame ppl based on rating when you are a first time BFA assa rogue duelist :)
11/05/2018 11:22 AMPosted by Mervz

nobody is suggesting gutting the ability, they are asking for it to be tuned properly. but hey, continue to jump to conclusions since you obv need something to feel offended about

Please, keep suggesting gutting peoples core abilities that players have found ways to play around for 14 years, and even in the current meta, when you have no viable arena experience to base it on. The ability is fine. Nobody Good at arena is suggesting this.

I can hear cdew now "Man we might not win blizzcon if they dont nerf that kidney shot by another second or increase the cd"
I mean, back in BC you could cheap shot and kidney shot on separate DRs, then use blind / sap or gouge / sap to reset the DRs and do it again. The big difference here is that you weren't dropping someone's full life pool during that duration.

The more burst there is in the game, the more stuns get feeling overtuned, especially when there is limited ways to deal with it since they gutted every man and orc relent. It is a balancing problem, but it's more to do with the pacing of the game currently.
11/05/2018 03:03 PMPosted by Sbgoaty
The main problem is Assa does way too much damage to have Kidney on a 20 second CD

You realize on a 6 second stun despite the 20 second cooldown the DR doesn't start until after you leave that 6 second stun?

Meaning it won't be 20 seconds later when you get hit by the 2nd kidney shot. It's closer to 30. Especially since the rogue (assassination presumably) is waiting on MFD (30 second cd) and Toxic Blade (25 second cd)

The problem here, is MFD and toxic blade. not you being stunned "every 20 seconds, full duration." ((impossible))
You can't change kidney without destroying the class. It's their one niche.

Nerf their damage, their movement, anything except kidney.

In previous expansions there were also more answers to kidney

P.S. you probably shouldnt flame ppl based on rating when you are a first time BFA assa rogue duelist :)

I wasn’t flaming, I know I’m trash rated, but I’m not asking to hit core abilities that are fine and instead try to get better instead of crying on the forums for nerfs
11/05/2018 03:11 PMPosted by Vãrick

You realize on a 6 second stun despite the 20 second cooldown the DR doesn't start until after you leave that 6 second stun?

Meaning it won't be 20 seconds later when you get hit by the 2nd kidney shot. It's closer to 30. Especially since the rogue (assassination presumably) is waiting on MFD (30 second cd) and Toxic Blade (25 second cd)

The problem here, is MFD and toxic blade. not you being stunned "every 20 seconds, full duration." ((impossible))

you realize Kidney shot doesn't have to be used on the same target every time right?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

you realize Kidney shot doesn't have to be used on the same target every time right?

Yeah. I had the same reply in your thread about it for a reason. People act like they're personally in full duration stuns every 20 seconds.

There's nothing wrong with stunning different targets every 20 seconds. (which rogues still don't do, because they're waiting on MFD and Toxic Blade.) Among other things. Like Poly DR. Fear CD. HoJ CD.
11/05/2018 03:09 PMPosted by Fox
I mean, back in BC you could cheap shot and kidney shot on separate DRs, then use blind / sap or gouge / sap to reset the DRs and do it again. The big difference here is that you weren't dropping someone's full life pool during that duration.

The more burst there is in the game, the more stuns get feeling overtuned, especially when there is limited ways to deal with it since they gutted every man and orc relent. It is a balancing problem, but it's more to do with the pacing of the game currently.

uh, in wrath people were absolutely dying in the cheap > kidney stunlock

even in cata when they finally shared a dr

in this thread its just a bunch of bad players asking for the wrong changes as usual and they should ALWAYS be disregarded
11/05/2018 03:38 PMPosted by Ryutiz
11/05/2018 03:09 PMPosted by Fox

uh, in wrath people were absolutely dying in the cheap > kidney stunlock

even in cata when they finally shared a dr

in this thread its just a bunch of bad players asking for the wrong changes as usual and they should ALWAYS be disregarded
Did I say wrath or cata? No. I said BC. I should however mention that I didn't do arena back then and stuck to world PvP, so it's entirely possible I'm wrong about that as well.
11/05/2018 03:42 PMPosted by Fox
Did I say wrath or cata? No. I said BC. I should however mention that I didn't do arena back then and stuck to world PvP, so it's entirely possible I'm wrong about that as well.

Squishy classes died in cs kidney. Or KS cs. in tbc. non squishy classes didn't.

This also reads as non mail / plate classes could die in a stunlock, if they didn't receive outside healing.

Not always, but it happened.
11/05/2018 03:44 PMPosted by Vãrick
11/05/2018 03:42 PMPosted by Fox

Squishy classes died in cs kidney. Or KS cs. in tbc. non squishy classes didn't.

This also reads as non mail / plate classes could die in a stunlock, if they didn't receive outside healing.

Not always, but it happened.
Fair point. I was wasn't really arguing one way or another, was just saying it more as a "remember when..."
11/05/2018 03:52 PMPosted by Fox
"remember when..."

Ah, gotcha.

For me TBC consisted mostly of World PvP. Ganking in hellfire peninsula, and trying out different builds because I had no freaking idea what to do. :P I couldn't leave hellfire peninsula for the first half of the expansion until I got a new computer. (it would bluescreen if I entered Zangarmarsh or Terokkar.)
11/05/2018 03:57 PMPosted by Vãrick
11/05/2018 03:52 PMPosted by Fox
"remember when..."

Ah, gotcha.

For me TBC consisted mostly of World PvP. Ganking in hellfire peninsula, and trying out different builds because I had no freaking idea what to do. :P I couldn't leave hellfire peninsula for the first half of the expansion until I got a new computer. (it would bluescreen if I entered Zangarmarsh or Terokkar.)
I was allll about the world PvP in BC as I was a dpser... Could never find a good healer, and I always preferred to be a soloist... Wotlk I started playing my priest and ended up picking up disc for arena and shadow for world PvP and had a blast. Had great motivation to gear up back then, so ended up pushing 1800 my first season, 2400 my second season (s8).

I miss feeling the power scaling that came with gear back then.
Kidney Shot isn't why the spec is strong. Nerfing it makes no sense honestly, as it isn't the issue at all. Only having kidney for your set ups is honestly one of the biggest weaknesses of the spec anyways.
yah Kidney isnt the problem, its just the "feels bad" part.

Being kidney shotted into a smoke bomb is also a major feels bad. however BOTH of those invoke the GCD timer, so the rogue is only doing damage to you for about half of the kidney, and they just traded a lot of offensive power for it. Granted in 3's the other player is just blasting you so it feels worse.

Blind into sap is way worse and honestly needs to be looked at way before kidney shot.

Kidney in a vacuum is actual one of the less powerful stuns.
Requires TWO dps resources in combo points and energy, and requires melee range.

HoJ is a 30 second CD and doesnt require either of those things and lasts a full 6 seconds. Rets can also easily kill you during a HoJ.

Not to mention it doesnt share a DR with repent so a pally can hoj into repent and CC someone for 13 seconds.
Kidney is fine.

What is it called, internal bleeding, is not fine.
ITT, idiots that dont realize there are more specs for rogues than Sin.
Lol if you nerf rogue's Kidney to 30seconds then you better nerf everyone else's cc by 10 seconds also.
Rogues are and have ALWAYS been about control and quite literally rogues aren't even the only class capable of CC chains. Druids are a good example.
all these complaints and Rogue got stomped at blizzcon by demonhunter team.
11/05/2018 04:24 PMPosted by Jøhnø
Kidney is fine.

What is it called, internal bleeding, is not fine.

I would enjoy having another viable talent choice to internal bleeding which is incredibly boring and definitely too strong.