Class design is the worst part of BfA

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
And it gets the least amount of communication.

The WORST part gets the LEAST amount of communication. How does that make any sense?
Yeah. We know. Blizzard doesn't care.
They care they just overdo class "balancing"

Example --- affliction warlocks are too tough to kill in pvp due to life link and awesome health drains.
Answer --- the remove everything and make the class the least survivable in pvp.

They do this with every class, every xpac...they overcompensate and drive a class into the ground in favor of another one.
11/07/2018 05:47 AMPosted by Rizzaki
They care they just overdo class "balancing"

Example --- affliction warlocks are too tough to kill in pvp due to life link and awesome health drains.
Answer --- the remove everything and make the class the least survivable in pvp.

They do this with every class, every xpac...they overcompensate and drive a class into the ground in favor of another one.

Except melee, they're gods!
I don't agree that they care. Players have explained the problems - and the solutions - ad nauseum since Alpha. They haven't done anything to actually fix the problems people have with classes. They make minor changes to fix non-existent problems, completely ignoring the actual issues players have.

We experience the game through classes and yet it is far and away the worst part of BfA, the reason it'll be remembered as one of the biggest failures of WoW.
I used to think Blizzard was a gaming company by gamers for gamers, but every week I have to endure BFA, the more I think they’ve gotten lost in that corporate ivory tower of theirs.

I pretty much shut off Blizzcon after the Diablo panel because it was less about telling their fellow gamers about the cool stuff they had planned and more about selling a pitch to their stockholders.

The fact that they are not only unable to take a simple design like a hunter and make it something fun, but completely unwilling to ask the players what they want smacks of an incredible amount of entitlement - as if we’re supposed to love this expansion because it’s a Blizzard product rather than despise it because it somehow became a Blizzard product.
There is no design is some cases at all. I look at you Shadow priests.
yup. but the rest of it imo is just fine.

except the drop rate on the $*%&(@%@#$% HH Mount grrrrrr
So tired of pruning, artifact designs and boring, repetitive build and spend design.

Step it up Blizz.
I straight up cancelled after seeing the "big changes" that needed us (enh shams) to wait for 8.1... number tuning... Talent number tuning could not be put in 8.0 or hotfixed, it needed... 8.1...

I'm honestly wondering if blizz is having such a hard time balancing classes because of the PVP aspect. They can't tune anything too drastically because then they risk making some specs useless/OP in PVP... I hate to say it but I wish they stopped caring about PVP so much and focused on making classes fun in the main aspect of WoW, PVE.
11/10/2018 09:16 PMPosted by Kalarm
I'm honestly wondering if blizz is having such a hard time balancing classes because of the PVP aspect.

PvP is just meme and excuse. If you compare how much active PvPrs stopped playing prior Legion compared to now. Numbers are astonishing huge.
11/10/2018 09:16 PMPosted by Kalarm
I straight up cancelled after seeing the "big changes" that needed us (enh shams) to wait for 8.1... number tuning... Talent number tuning could not be put in 8.0 or hotfixed, it needed... 8.1...

I'm honestly wondering if blizz is having such a hard time balancing classes because of the PVP aspect. They can't tune anything too drastically because then they risk making some specs useless/OP in PVP... I hate to say it but I wish they stopped caring about PVP so much and focused on making classes fun in the main aspect of WoW, PVE.
If you think the reason things aren't happening is because of PvP you are delusional.

They could easily make PvE changes not impact PvP by simply adding a PvP only counter-change. But that doesn't happen and instead we see stupid things like class X getting a PvE buff because they're underperforming in PvE while they're already in a fairly alright spot in PvP - causing them to become incredibly OP in PvP.

If anything they should start designing classes around PvP so we get fun classes that are a joy to play instead of something that is extremely minimalistic, tightly knit, and built around a DPS rotation that only works in a raid/m+ environment. Designing utility, rotations etc around PvP automatically will make it work in PvE - bosses don't care how much damage per second they are taking and encounters can easily be designed around that and the available utility. PvP however simply cannot be designed around broken PvE DPS rotations, no / clunky / passive utility, low amount of CC (and also mostly instant without requirements) that simply weren't built with PvP in mind at all.
They've been fairly quiet on this front because they have no plans to implement mechanical improvements until next expansion. And at this point, I'm being generous to assume they'll actually improve anything in 9.0.
11/11/2018 02:21 AMPosted by Signey
They've been fairly quiet on this front because they have no plans to implement mechanical improvements until next expansion. And at this point, I'm being generous to assume they'll actually improve anything in 9.0.

I think this is quite accurate although I also think Blizzard making "mechanical improvements" means nowadays just more pruning because they have had no idea how to develop their classes since 4 + years now.
Class design has gotten worse in every expac since MoP. I can only see classes being even worse in 9.0. I mean, assuming it is possible to actually make classes feel worse, which would be an achievement.
11/05/2018 12:03 PMPosted by Winkypants
And it gets the least amount of communication.

The WORST part gets the LEAST amount of communication. How does that make any sense?

Whats sad is the next patch is due in less than a month and so far we have not seen any major changes. All dev's were moved to mobile. They don't care about the existing customer. They want to get that money from China.