We might see Yrel again...

General Discussion
In an interview that Lost Codex conducted, some Blizzard members suggested we may see Yrel again.

Anyone have any ideas of what this might entail?
11/06/2018 08:42 AMPosted by Menard
In an interview that Lost Codex conducted, some Blizzard members suggested we may see Yrel again.

Anyone have any ideas of what this might entail?

If you do the Mag'har Allied race questchain, you go back to Alternate Draenor, and High Exarch Yrel is leading the Grand Crusade of the Light against the remaining unbelievers. She also has converted the son of Overlord Grommash Hellscream into one of her Exarchs.

It's not specifically Garrosh, but highly hinted at during the chain since we learn that our "version" of Garrosh was basicially the worst possible one out of his heroic counterparts. Be interesting to see them pop up again in our world :P
Unfortunately if we see her again she'll probably be a raid boss. Thanks to the mag'har scenario we know how alt Draenor turned out.
Loot pinata.
We're just filling time before we can #free Draenor again.
I think it would be neat for Yrel and her Lightbound to become apart of the Army of the Light and give a much more zealous edge to the Alliance.

I'd like also the possibility that the Horde get a chance to rescue a captured AU-Grommash from the Lightbound and appoint him as our new Warchief. He's 10x the Orc that Sourfang will ever be.

The ending of the Mag'har questline was just ambiguous enough to make it look like Grommash dies but doesn't actually show the player as we're ported back to Azeroth before he even reaches the battle line.
Can we not, I not ready to read that.
loot pinata at best, she's a crazy space goat now.
God I hope so, ever since she's become some Holy Fanatic she's become far more interesting and attractive.

Convert me Yrel I've been naughty ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Please no.

I really wanted to see her again, like, a year ago, but that got monkey pawed.
I sure hope Alliance gets a choice to join Yrel's crusade instead of try and stop it.
I mean, doesn't the Mag'har story basically say that the portal is closed for good?

Wouldn't that mean more Draenei and Eredar space ships for the Alliance?

Would that not be Blizzard changing and contradicting their "lore", again, on a per patch basis?
11/06/2018 08:52 AMPosted by Degas
I think it would be neat for Yrel and her Lightbound to become apart of the Army of the Light and give a much more zealous edge to the Alliance.

I actually have a theory that their eventual plan is to give the Alliance the orc model by way of the Lightbound, as a counter to the Horde getting the human model with "Blightcaller" Forsaken.

Don't think they wouldn't do it.
11/06/2018 09:08 AMPosted by Gávilar
I sure hope Alliance gets a choice to join Yrel's crusade instead of try and stop it.

This so much.
11/06/2018 09:31 AMPosted by Tentaclatrix

This so much.

I love right now that they're finally trying to create meaningful story choices with reaching consequences, even if they're fewer.

The upcoming quest in 8.1 is their test of this new system, so i hope it goes well.
Yrel's a psychotic now. The last Iron Horde vets and Orc tribesmen were in a last stand before we rescued them. Everyone should check out the Maghar story.
I love Yrel I hope I dont have to kill her Ive yet to do the orc unlock cuz i got spoilers from my friend who told me I wasnt going to like the quest line at all.

This so much.

Says the VOID elf. Lol.
11/06/2018 09:35 AMPosted by Kattrika
I love Yrel I hope I dont have to kill her Ive yet to do the orc unlock cuz i got spoilers from my friend who told me I wasnt going to like the quest line at all.

It's sad, she was a good character. The current writers angle is that too much light is as bad as too much dark (void or fel).
11/06/2018 09:35 AMPosted by Göyim

This so much.

Says the VOID elf. Lol.

Opposites attract :P