Rogues in PVP

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Is the current amount of CC of Rogues in PVP working as intended?

Because it's very frustrating to be single-handedly removed from the fight for 10 to 15 seconds, and any Rogue spec can do that.

In 2s and 3s they can essentially withdraw a player from the game if their trinket is out.

Blind + Cheap Shot + Kidney Shot is a nasty combo, which can be even enhanced if the CCd target is a melee character and the Rogue has someone with roots on their team.

The amount of CC from the Rogue alone can sum up to more than 10 seconds. I personally think that's very frustrating, way more than any high burst one-shot class I saw in BFA so far.

A hotfix was issued recently to assess their damage, but what is most frustrating when playing against them is the CC.

I believe it's time for the devs to reanalyze how much crowd control Rogues are putting out in arenas before the season is over.
11/06/2018 08:41 PMPosted by Nerevar
Blind + Cheap Shot + Kidney Shot is a nasty combo, which can be even enhanced if the CCd target is a melee character and the Rogue has someone with roots on their team.

What about being kicked every 15 seconds and school locked for 5 seconds while you get stabbed and poisoned by a guy dashing in circles around you at mach 3?
In arenas setting up thise cc combos is part of the strat. Also your ability to know when to trinket something and when not too is also important. You also have to consider diminishing returns , that come into play when setting up those cc combos.
I'm not even a rogue, do not play a rogue, and probably never will. I really really think this comes from a place of salt rather than one of actual reasoning. You see those tools and CC combos you just spoke of have been a part of the rogue spec for how many xpacs?

Look at method orange, the winners of the arena championship. Their team consisted of a Druid, Shaman, and Demon Hunter. They played an Assassin rogue in all the rounds but 1 i think. Using their game knowledge and experience they know how to counter it.
Is the current amount of CC of Rogues in PVP working as intended?

Because it's very frustrating to be single-handedly removed from the fight for 10 to 15 seconds, and any Rogue spec can do that.

In 2s and 3s they can essentially withdraw a player from the game if their trinket is out.

The amount of CC from the Rogue alone can sum up to more than 10 seconds. I personally think that's very frustrating, way more than any high burst one-shot class I saw in BFA so far.

A hotfix was issued recently to assess their damage, but what is most frustrating when playing against them is the CC.

I believe it's time for the devs to reanalyze how much crowd control Rogues are putting out in arenas before the season is over.

You just dont understand how this game works
cyclone
cyclone
cyclone
stun
root
root
root
Blind + Cheap Shot + Kidney Shot is a nasty combo

no ma men... u are doing it wrong! Kidney shot+ blind+ sap+ gauge + Kidney shot.

seeya :D
Haha just wait for classic pvp it's much worse !
11/06/2018 09:28 PMPosted by Baltysalls
In arenas setting up thise cc combos is part of the strat. Also your ability to know when to trinket something and when not too is also important. You also have to consider diminishing returns , that come into play when setting up those cc combos.

*Proceeds to smash the keyboard*

Yeah, pro play'd nub gitgud learn2play my class is not broken you just suck at the game hehe :D <- Every melee.
11/07/2018 12:04 AMPosted by Pikalegion
cyclone
cyclone
cyclone
stun
root
root
root

If Arena had cheerleaders on the sidelines, that would be the chant of a rogue/druid team's cheerleaders.
Rogue cc is fine right now, except for maybe outlaws 30 second cooldown reduction on blind, that's crazy. But overall rogue cc is the lowest it has ever been right now.

The only problem with rogues arises when their damage is too high. Historically rogues have always had tons of control but not so high damage so it was balanced. But whenever rogues damage goes up, it becomes an issue like in late bc, late cata, legion, and now bfa.

Rogues have always been a control class and that should be preserved. The classes have been watered down enough.