Flying

General Discussion
In a world where you have mage portals , hearthstone, garrison hearthstone, Dalaran hearthstone, flight masters whistle, instant Qs, warlock summons, portals to everywhere in Dalaran, portals to everywhere in Boralus / dazar’alor, portals to Boralus , zandalar in SW / Org, cloak of coordination. Flightpaths to everywhere.

In this world somehow we can’t enjoy our flying mounts to their full potential while doing current content... mounts that we spent expansions earning and collecting because reasons....

LOL

Flying has nothing to do with me being sub or not. It is just completely annoying that I can’t fly ever in wow ( new patch comes out when flying is available in current one )

I can not fathom the idea of some one unsubbing cuz they consumed content too fast cuz of flying... like LOL

I can how ever imagine a lot of people quitting cuz fun is being removed from game for no reason what so ever
All these flight paths and portals lock us into a finite number of destinations. We cannot simply go where we want to go. We cannot explore except within constraints that are so limiting it has nothing to do with true exploration.

We find the pixels we are told to find and we are done, and expected to go inside for the duration. No curiosity needed or wanted. There is nothing more to find.
This happens every expansion. And even in Legion when flying came back we got some cool quests for flying mounts.

You'll get flying eventually. It's not that big of a deal.
Stop saying you want to explore.

You don't.

You want to reach a destination, effortlessly.

How do I know this? Because you can still explore right now. Not flying is not stopping you from exploring.

If you really wanted to explore, and had the curiosity. You would.
Each of the items/methods you have listed allow players to skip content, yet only flying is "bad" for the game, this is utter crap.

If content is so vital that we should not fly over it there should be no ways to skip at all.

It really annoys me that currently when to take a taxi it randomly selects one of your current flying mounts, yet when we land and summon the exact same mount it has suddenly forgotten to fly.

So either content is so critical that all movement enhancers, (ground mounts, flying mounts, sprint, portals, whistles, stones, etc), including running should be unlocked by pathfinder as well.
11/07/2018 02:39 AMPosted by Akston

You don't.

Stop speaking on behalf of other people. You don't know what they want or why they want it. I want to explore places I can't reach from the ground. Is your perspective really that narrow and two dimensional that you can't imagine the allure and intrigue of being able to navigate the world in a third dimension?

Edited to add that the term "player agency" has been thrown around a lot lately with folks wanting a choice to be able to play their character and the major story lines the way they want. Player agency comes into play with regards to flying, too. I want the freedom to be able to go where I want how I want. I don't want to just be limited to pre-programmed routes from one flight path to another.

You don't.

How do I know this? Because you can still explore right now. Not flying is not stopping you from exploring.

What is this "I know you better than you know yourself" nonsense you spew?

No, you don't. Your sentience is somewhat lower than a pink switchblade.

You don't.

You are the one who has no curiosity. You are the one who only flies for its utilitarian value.

It annoys you that people take pleasure in flying. You do not understand this. It does not compute for you. You do not want to understand. You feel threatened that people who disagree with your point of view can exist.

There is no reason whatever to crawl on our bellies and "explore" what cannot be reached in any meaningful way.

You go spend your time exploring. Oh, that's right. You don't like exploring. You only do it because they make you.

I have no curiosity? I am not the one saying I am unable to explore unless I can fly.

I have explored many things in BFA. I was not forced to.

I wasn't talking about people taking pleasure in flying. Stop strawmanning this argument. Focus on what I said, without making things up I said, or making things up about me.

I explore without flying. If you don't explore without flying, that is your fault, and that is on you.

I don't feel threatened by someone with a different point of view. But it is interesting how you instantly start insulting me and making things up about me because I have a different point of view.

Maybe you are the one that feels threatened?

Edit: Wanted to add your new reply you edited it to so people didn't think I was crazy
11/07/2018 02:44 AMPosted by Moiradelaluz

What is this "I know you better than you know yourself" nonsense you spew?

No, you don't. Your sentience is somewhat lower than a pink switchblade.
You are the one who has no curiosity. You are the one who only flies for its utilitarian value.

It annoys you that people take pleasure in flying. You do not understand this. It does not compute for you. You do not want to understand. You feel threatened that people who disagree with your point of view can exist.

There is no reason whatever to crawl on our bellies and "explore" what cannot be reached in any meaningful way.

You go spend your time exploring. Oh, that's right. You don't like exploring. You only do it because they make you.

I have no curiosity? I am not the one saying I am unable to explore unless I can fly.

I wasn't talking about people taking pleasure in flying. Stop strawmanning this argument. Focus on what I said, without making things up I said, or making things up about me.

I explore without flying. If you don't explore without flying, that is your fault, and that is on you.

I don't feel threatened by someone with a different point of view. But it is interesting how you instantly start insulting me and making things up about me because I have a different point of view.

I didn’t say anything about exploring in my op. We just wanna be able to fly on our flying mounts. Even if it is high above Boralus doing nothing but trade chat.

No one said anything about exploring
11/07/2018 02:49 AMPosted by Humanìty

I didn’t say anything about exploring in my op. We just wanna be able to fly on our flying mounts. Even if it is high above Boralus doing nothing but trade chat.

No one said anything about exploring

All these flight paths and portals lock us into a finite number of destinations. We cannot simply go where we want to go. We cannot explore except within constraints that are so limiting it has nothing to do with true exploration.

We find the pixels we are told to find and we are done, and expected to go inside for the duration. No curiosity needed or wanted. There is nothing more to find.

Looks like someone did.
11/07/2018 02:31 AMPosted by Humanìty
In a world where you have mage portals , hearthstone, garrison hearthstone, Dalaran hearthstone, flight masters whistle, instant Qs, warlock summons, portals to everywhere in Dalaran, portals to everywhere in Boralus / dazar’alor, portals to Boralus , zandalar in SW / Org, cloak of coordination. Flightpaths to everywhere.

In this world somehow we can’t enjoy our flying mounts to their full potential while doing current content... mounts that we spent expansions earning and collecting because reasons....

LOL

The truth, they want you to stay subscribed as long as possible, so they gate flying behind the excuse we want you to explore the world, like nobody's going to explore if they can fly, we still have to level etc etc etc

MoP had flying at max level and it wasn't an issue, flying was never an issue until Blizzard made it one
11/07/2018 02:56 AMPosted by Vathyna
11/07/2018 02:31 AMPosted by Humanìty

LOL

The truth, they want you to stay subscribed as long as possible, so they gate flying behind the excuse we want you to explore the world, like nobody's going to explore if they can fly, we still have to level etc etc etc

MoP had flying at max level and it wasn't an issue, flying was never an issue until Blizzard made it one

Flying has nothing to do with me being sub or not. It is just completely annoying that I can’t fly ever in wow ( new patch comes out when flying is available in current one )

I can not fathom the idea of some one in subbing cuz they consumed content too fast cuz of flying... like LOL

I can how ever imagine a lot of people quitting cuz fun is being removed from game for no reason what so ever

I'm focusing on what you said. You lied. Nobody said they couldn't explore without flight. You lied.

I don't believe you. The land is designed to be inaccessible except for the preordained pixels we are told to find.

Then why did you need to base your entire argument on a lie you concocted?

Let's see. It appears you are a blizzard employee working to try to take away flight from the game. Therefore I have every right to feel threatened.
I miss my player freedom. Hopping a flight path is one of the most disconnected experiences in wow. Hey I need to get to this place across the map let me just click this flight path. Hey what's that down there oh well I'm on a predetermined path that I have zero control over so the hell with that. The flip side is hey I need to get to that place across the map let me mount up on my flying mount and start traveling. Hey what's that down there? Let me check it out.

Player freedom. Blizz is still being petty and spiteful because the players wouldn't let them take out flying completely.
Rough on us with alts. The world boss gets put on the other factions island and of course have no flight paths unlocked or even done the war mission. No flying is fine at the start, but flight paths should be account wide at least.
I enjoy flying.

There are those who don't. So to them I say, don't fly. We all should have a choice. You don't like flying, stay grounded. Your choice. I'll fly, my choice.

Those complaining about WPvP being unfair with flying, the solution is to disable flying when war mode is on. Easy.

But then Ion doesn't want flying. So everyone must play his game by his rules.

But then I want flying. So Ion ain't getting my $15 when my sub runs out.

Again, my choice.

This is what we all want, the freedom of choice.
I'm more than ok with the no-flying at the beginning of an xpac. People who want flying simply don't want to play the game and just want to faceroll new content.

Also there is more places in all Azeroth where you can fly than you cannot. Plus pathfinder 2. I really don't see a problem there.

Pro-flying peeps are still beating on a dead horse. Blizz will not go back on that.
11/07/2018 02:37 AMPosted by Rosenivy
This happens every expansion.
TBC, WOTLK, Cata and MOP would like to have a word with you.
11/07/2018 03:47 AMPosted by Scathan

But then I want flying. So Ion ain't getting my $15 when my sub runs out.

Again, my choice.

This is what we all want, the freedom of choice.

You have your freedom of choice. Play the game like it was design or not.

Strangely the pro-flying who all said they will unsub if Blizz don't bring back flying are all still here posting about it.
Choice and agency matter to some players, thus they desire flying

Some don't mind being on their master's leash and accept only moving when and where their master permits.

It galls the slaves that their are those who are free, thus they oppose flying.

What are we without the skies?

Dirt people, that is what.