Blizzards Interview

General Discussion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOVfw5O5c1g&feature=youtu.be&t=125

Min 2:25

Wondering if their going to try and push all their games to mobile considering their saying on all their IP's.
Yes, they're going to move into the mobile market. They're expanding the tent by leveraging their IP.
They're expanding their market. Not abandoning what's already there. From a money point of view that would be stupid because a business looking to max out their profits wouldn't just up and leave what is a guaranteed and relatively steady income.
Yep. This is the last WoW expansion and they are going to mobile now.

Even though one of the main guys for Diablo said they are making a D4 he actually lied and they aren't and sticking to mobile.

HotS said they are closing up the PC version and only going to make a mobile version now and focus on mobile.

Overwatch is now going mobile only and their arenas they used for their e-sports will be local AT & T stores.

Hearthstone is already mobile but closing their PC version March 2019.

SC2 had no announcements because they are moving to mobile also.

Blizzard isn't going to do any more PC gaming.
11/07/2018 10:25 AMPosted by Kentaurus
They're expanding their market. Not abandoning what's already there. From a money point of view that would be stupid because a business looking to max out their profits wouldn't just up and leave what is a guaranteed and relatively steady income.

Considering their latest fiasco it would be hard to see them not moving to a new audience to more 'quick cash.'
But the question is, are ALL their games going to have mobile counterparts like Heartstone, and Diablo? or is it only the 'dumbed down' games?
I think its really smart especially since they are outsourcing to china so it wont affect the games I play on the PC, I haven't had a decent game to mess around with while taking a $H1% or watching Football in a long time.
I hear that they're not only moving everything to mobile, but specifically, they're moving everything to the Nokia N-Gage phone.
11/07/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Bangnfire
But the question is, are ALL their games going to have mobile counterparts like Heartstone, and Diablo? or is it only the 'dumbed down' games?

Hearthstone is a mobile game. Giving the Warcraft IP a mobile presence already. Its been one for years.

Hearthstone is a mobile game. Giving the Warcraft IP a mobile presence already. Its been one for years.

yeah but they don't need to move most of their top personnel to the mobile department as it's only a secondary part of the game - or should be - while the 'game' should be the focus.

So even though we had the Garrison app, it never impacted gameplay to much, unless you could not play for that day making it convenient. But why moving those personnel that could have speed up the game production faster because their apparently 'top personnel.'
SO not buying new diablo until it goes full pc. GOt better things ro do than walk around allday with my head stuck into neverneverland.
BEside all mobiles are, are just cashcows, they're big on microtransactions.
not for me.
Also note they said
"Many of us over the last few years have shifted from playing primarily desktop to playing many hours on mobile. We have many of our best developers now working on new mobile titles across all of our IPs."

Indicating that their being less focused towards PC but planning to Focus more on Mobile type games, or is that just interpreted wrongly?
11/07/2018 10:26 AMPosted by Bojanglz
Yep. This is the last WoW expansion and they are going to mobile now.

Even though one of the main guys for Diablo said they are making a D4 he actually lied and they aren't and sticking to mobile.

HotS said they are closing up the PC version and only going to make a mobile version now and focus on mobile.

Overwatch is now going mobile only and their arenas they used for their e-sports will be local AT & T stores.

Hearthstone is already mobile but closing their PC version March 2019.

SC2 had no announcements because they are moving to mobile also.

Blizzard isn't going to do any more PC gaming.

You forgot the /sarcasm at the end
11/07/2018 10:35 AMPosted by Bangnfire
Also note they said
"Many of us over the last few years have shifted from playing primarily desktop to playing many hours on mobile. We have many of our best developers now working on new mobile titles across all of our IPs."

Indicating that their being less focused towards PC but planning to Focus more on Mobile type games, or is that just interpreted wrongly?

To me, that just says they want their mobile market to be a success. Probably even moreso after the Diablo Immortal fiasco. Other than that it sounds like PR talk to inspire confidence that they "care".
I can see why mike left blizzard.

This is a quote I would have never thought I'd hear describing blizzard. That sounds like a paradigm shift of what made blizzard the powerhouse developers we knew them to be.
This just in! A company can bridge out and make mobile games using the theme of their popular games while still putting out real products for their popular games!

Blizz did it with Hearthstone. Bethesda did it with Fallout shelter. Square Enix did it with like a dozen Final fantasy mobile games! And as crazy as it sounds, it has never stopped new product from hitting for the core of the franchise.

More news at 11!
Mobile games make a lot of money. Not really because they're fun but because they prey on human psychology. The profit to effort reward is so high, for a company like Blizzard that won't struggle with discoverability it's a no lose situation.
11/07/2018 10:21 AMPosted by Bangnfire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOVfw5O5c1g&feature=youtu.be&t=125

Min 2:25

Wondering if their going to try and push all their games to mobile considering their saying on all their IP's.

They are not pushing anything. They are just developing mobile apps "in parallel with PC". Not "instead of PC"
11/07/2018 10:39 AMPosted by Kaylar
This just in! A company can bridge out and make mobile games using the theme of their popular games while still putting out real products for their popular games!

Blizz did it with Hearthstone. Bethesda did it with Fallout shelter. Square Enix did it with like a dozen Final fantasy mobile games! And as crazy as it sounds, it has never stopped new product from hitting for the core of the franchise.

More news at 11!

It worked for Hearthstone because it's a card game that wouldn't make a difference if you where on the go, or staying at home on the PC. People can play a quick game or two while waiting as bus stops can take 15mins or longer depending where you are heading to thus giving you enough time for around 1 game.
Diablo is not set up for a fast game like Hearthstone where one rift key can take 20+ mins assuming you are pushing harder content thus not insta killing mobs. Then you need to atively farm rift keys, gear, and more creating a 'microtransation' in the form of gear.

11/07/2018 10:38 AMPosted by Kentaurus
To me, that just says they want their mobile market to be a success. Probably even moreso after the Diablo Immortal fiasco. Other than that it sounds like PR talk to inspire confidence that they "care".

Yeah they clearly would want their Mobile game to be successful considering
"Cheng said Diablo for mobile will be the next big core pillar for the Diablo franchise going forward." -Gamespot Interview

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/blizzard-responds-to-diablo-immortal-criticisms-ex/1100-6463005/