For those quitting, what would bring you back?

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 13 Next
Remove expansion cost and lower the monthly sub cost.

I resubbed for a month to scratch my wow itch which I've done. I would play more and love to but 50$ plus 15$ A month really makes it feel like I have to balance how much fun and how often i'm playing with how much I'm spending.

I know it's not a lot of money but after paying full price for every expansion since wrath (i still hadd to pay for vanilla plus bc) and plenty of sub time it's hard to justify it when I know I'm just gonna get on for a month and play like crazy to try and get my money's worth and burn out.
11/08/2018 11:21 AMPosted by Trallyne
So for those who have cancelled (and there are a lot of you), what would it take to bring you back to WoW.

Use no more than two sentences. This makes you focus your thoughts and prevents rambling.

But honestly, what would WoW have to do to bring you back.

Me?

1) Bring back valour points.
2) Housing. I would love to see housing!

Bye. Even if they gave you what you claimed to want, you would quit anyway because the housing wouldn't be to your liking.

Also, I am bookmarking this page and I bet if I come back at Christmas 90% of you will still be playing and complaining.
Wait, this thread is asking people who have already quit what would bring them back?

I'm going to guess that if they're still actively checking the WoW forums, they haven't actually quit... Or they simply can't part with this game and will be resubbing in the next few weeks anyway.
Not quitting, but things that would make me happier:

-Get rid of Titanforging.
-Token system return
-Breathe new life into talents
-More RP elements (less transmog restrictions, more customization)
- Housing + the crafting involved with it
11/09/2018 07:04 AMPosted by Yellöwböze
Wait, this thread is asking people who have already quit what would bring them back?

I'm going to guess that if they're still actively checking the WoW forums, they haven't actually quit... Or they simply can't part with this game and will be resubbing in the next few weeks anyway.

I haven't put serious time into wow since wrath and a bit in cata.

I come back now and then because I really like leveling in new content.

I like to check forums every now and then to see how the games going.

You don't have to play a game every day to still like it. Heck i play games I used to play 20 years ago every now and then lol. Super Mario RPG, Chrono Trogger. Sometimes it's nice to have variety.
1. Removal of Titanforging except maybe as a nice boost to quest rewards while leveling. If there was a way to upgrade your gear to a maximum of 2/2 using a new currency instead of random Titanforging, I would be fine with that. It would encourage people who get full BIS to play a little more with their guild to get all the upgrades, and allow people to feel a sense of completion and progression.

2. Helping to make the community more cohesive. I would prefer that would be with server merges across the board, and removal of CRZ/phasing. It makes me sad to see so many empty and low pop servers, and players disappearing at borders like ghosts.

An alternate idea would be to offer incentives such as free transfers to smaller realms and the offer of a mount/pet/some other gift. There could also be an upvote system at the end of dungeons and BGs which could encourage people to be a little nicer to one another. The votes could only be given to other random people, to prevent giving votes in pre-formed groups and friends, and they could be used as a currency for mounts and new transmog sets.

3. Mob scaling removal. It doesn't feel good or rewarding, more like a punishment.

4. Stopping the pruning of classes and reinventing the wheel with rotations and talents every expansion.

5. More character customization options with both appearance and transmogs. People spend so much time and gold on mogs, haircuts and for paid race/appearance changes. Many jump through hoops to get the new Allied races and gear. It's obvious people like customization and choice. It would be nice if Blizzard listened and finally loosened up on these options.
Quite simple really return to the old days when you buy an expansion you get the races tied too it, I say that as someone who has the LF, VE and NB. I get it I can casually get the rep but idk it doesn't feel like a reward more a punishment "Here's something you waaaaant!" "We used to give it too you for just buying the expansion but for some reason we don't now"

"And the sheep will come to defend us saying how this is an MMO it requires grinding for a new race thats not even new just a reskin using the same skeleton as an older one or just different skin tone"
The choice to not betray the Horde and to choose to not side with Saurfang made me comeback, this game needs more of those. (even if the end story is already decided) at least I can chose which side of that story I'll stand for.
11/09/2018 06:46 AMPosted by Crickey
Faction balance...alliance had the upper hand the past 12 years or so. The moment horde finally gets attention and start winning and outnumbering alliance you guys start nerd raging, flip tables, and unsub.

Tis' a good time to be horde as it always has been.

FOR THE HORDE!

The only time Alliance has had superiority was classic Paladins because Blessing of Salvation enabled Warlocks, so Alliance had 1 more competitive dps class and the best healer/support in the game. Totems were group wide, not raid wide, blessings could be applied to your entire raid, and Salvation blew any totem the horde had out of the water.

The second Horde got paladins, they had superior paladins because Seal of Blood was so much better than Vengeance. Ever since TBC, horde has been superior in PvE racials, which has slowly shifted the game to the point where hardcore alliance don't even exist. Blizz had to abandon the 100 horde 100 alliance mythic ghun kills to unlock cross realm mythic, because there simply wasn't enough Alliance guilds skilled enough to kill the boss.

If you think Alliance has ever had the upper hand, outside of EMFHS PvP, you're wrong. Arcane Torrent has been the most broken racial in the game for a while now, and it got buffed in BfA. Troll has the best caster racial in the game, Orc has the best death knights, do I even need to go on?
11/08/2018 06:53 PMPosted by Gunome
Remove arena. Fix AV so its not an Ally win map.

Why remove arena? Are you trash?
So for those who have cancelled (and there are a lot of you), what would it take to bring you back to WoW.

Use no more than two sentences. This makes you focus your thoughts and prevents rambling.

But honestly, what would WoW have to do to bring you back.

Me?

1) Bring back valour points.
2) Housing. I would love to see housing!
Delete all the expansion past Mist of pandaria,burn it or bury it with Atari ET.
I don't know.

At this point, I feel misled and used. It would take a lot.
I haven't quit yet but am teetering on the edge...

1) Stop letting game psychologists make important decisions.
2) Stop artificial time gates - yes, I know you need them but it's become absurd.
3) Stop making it more difficult to run old content for transmogs.
4) Stop having the writing be so... just... bad.
5) I did pathfinder, unlock flying in 8.1 - your only holding it back at this point out of spite.

(cookies for a better game!)
BFA has been the expansion where I've been the closest to quitting so hopefully that qualifies me for stating an opinion.. lol

But let's bring back gear vendors. Lots of em and lots of currencies.
Kick out activision.
Let blizzard be blizzard again
A GOT DAYMN FAT PALADIN
11/09/2018 04:56 PMPosted by Óbvious
Kick out activision.Let blizzard be blizzard again

Too late for that (sadly) :'(

Activision owns Blizzard.

2007: Vivendi merges with Activision.

2008: Merger finalized. Vivendi had about a 61% stake in the newly formed company (Activition Blizzard).

2013: Activision buys out Vivendi's controlling interest (dropping Vivendi's stake from the aforementioned ~61% to approx 12%). At the conclusion of the deal, Vivendi was no longer Activision Blizzard's parent company

2014: Vivendi sells half of it's remaining stake, reducing it to approx. 6%

2016: Vivendi exits completely.
Removal of azerite armor.
Not quitting, but my biggest beef is how clique-y Mythics are.

1. M0 queues would be a good start, major lfg tool improvements, or a revamp to the key system so that finding groups isn't such an exclusive endeavor just to do dungeons for better gear.

I don't know of any guilds on my realm. Tired of WQ's, missions aren't interesting anymore with how much they have been neutered, no follower, professions suck especially JC, so I've canceled. I don't see the point of leveling up alts just to do WQ's or crappy professions on another character.

11/09/2018 07:02 AMPosted by Amine
Also, I am bookmarking this page and I bet if I come back at Christmas 90% of you will still be playing and complaining.

I will bookmark as well to see if you actually come back and say anything at Christmas.
I got 4 days left on my sub.