frost DK 8.1

Arenas
thoughts?

Saw they will have much better survivability (60% better DS SPAM heal on 45 second cd)
Root on remorseless
Stun on remorseless (5 stacks like legion)
no cost dark sim (every 20 sec that lasts 12 sec)
70% snare
or on demand root with chillbains.

does remorseless actually hit hard? I have not seen a single FDK this season.
Sounds or goin to sound like a git gud situation here.
Frost will probably be legit
11/09/2018 05:13 AMPosted by Deadshøt
Frost will probably be legit

maybe.. if the damage is at least decent that is
Unholy will be better.
A few things to note here that isn't mentioned in the op

"Dead of Winter (New): After your Remorseless Winter deals damage 5 times to a target, they are Stunned for 4 sec. However, your Remorseless Winter’s cooldown is increased by 25 sec and its radius is reduced to 5 yards."

This is a talent that you must take, making it a 45 sec cooldown with reduced range of the already small range remorseless winter has. In high rated pvp this wont matter because of how predictable and easy it is to control the DK during this time. Spammable chains of ice already exists, but dumping a rune there is bad because we already have limited resources to damage, buffing Deathstrike is weird (but still good) because we're already the worst performing melee class in arena so far in 8.0 in terms of damage output. DK's (especially frost) lack the burst damage warriors/enhaance/rogues/SV hunters and DARE I SAY even ret palas have, their idea of consistent mediocre burst damage on a low cooldown failed miserably, but unlikely drastic changes will be made unless a complete rework for frost is set in play. Which also, is very unlikely for 8.1. I quit DK over a month ago because I lost the urge to play them in pvp. its just so underwhelming. Unh does own in rbg's however.
11/09/2018 08:27 AMPosted by Explîcît
Unholy will be better.

Is there a reason? I’d like to see a little UH survivability buffs
They're getting them.

They're getting an honor talent where if you have festering on a target and they get healed you get 15% of the healing they receive on top of some dot damage I think.

Another honor talent reduces the cost of Death Strike by 50% for 6 seconds or so.

Death strike healing buffed to max of 60% of damage taken.

Necrotic strike can cleave now if within DnD and all targets have a festering wound on them and does 8% of the target's max hp healing absorb and nearly double the damage it does now.

Unholy is getting more buffs and already was the better spec. As it should be.
Seeing more death knights will be fun. Regardless of how I personally feel about them I like seeing a variety of classes when I do q some games up
11/09/2018 04:19 AMPosted by Zeo
does remorseless actually hit hard? I have not seen a single FDK this season.

ive seen like 3
i saw binkies at 2500 qing prot/frost/disc and he did like 11k dps
ofc prot was carrying him

i saw a couple playing enhance/fdk at like 2300 both did like 11k dps also a vast majority is frost fever (30% usually) and battlefield focus

the actual abilities dont really do anything but it still has really good pressure

i think they just need to move some of the damage around
make globals feel meaningful
and then give the deathstrike change and frost will be good
I feel like frost right now is a joke. I que blood dk mainly in pvp and find my dps output is about the same (less bursty) but at least i dont die in .2 seconds
11/14/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Solotov
I feel like frost right now is a joke. I que blood dk mainly in pvp and find my dps output is about the same (less bursty) but at least i dont die in .2 seconds

you might just be really bad at dk
11/14/2018 03:50 PMPosted by Thrash
11/14/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Solotov

Its possible but still doesnt change the fact that no1 even wants a dk of any kind on their team even in low CR because they know the class is irrelevant and every other class does what DK does but better

*Shows change my mind meme*
11/14/2018 11:17 AMPosted by Thèllè
Is there a reason? I’d like to see a little UH survivability buffs

The deathstrike change as well as the stam buff also applys to unholy

Unholy has better utility

Unholy is getting a couple damage buffs and pvp talent changes
11/14/2018 05:05 PMPosted by Solotov
11/14/2018 03:50 PMPosted by Thrash

Its possible but still doesnt change the fact that no1 even wants a dk of any kind on their team even in low CR because they know the class is irrelevant and every other class does what DK does but better

*Shows change my mind meme*

Unholy is strong in RBGs and will be good in 3s in 8.1
- Death Strike: Death Strike's cost is reduced by 10, and its healing is increased by 60%.

- Life and Death: When targets afflicted by your Festering Wound are healed, you are also healed for 10% of the amount.
In addition, your Virulent Plague now erupts for 400% of normal eruption damage when dispelled.

- Lichborne: Draw upon unholy and frost energies to become Undead for 10 sec. While undead all damage is reduced by 30% and you are nearly unstoppable becoming immune to Stun, Snare, Fear and Root effects.
However, during Lichborne you cannot move faster than 50% of normal speed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be aware that Death Strike buff in 8.1, will only be an extra 20%; Rank 2 of the skill (lvl 68) already buffs it by 40%. The cost reduction is actually good.

Life and Death... idk, maybe useful against druids and mws but still nothing great. Opposite version of Crypt Fever.

And i still don't get the idea of Lichborne. It's something like "be even slower than you already are, and die painfully stabbed by 1000 arrows in the middle of the map" or something.
11/14/2018 07:40 PMPosted by Steelgear
- Death Strike: Death Strike's cost is reduced by 10, and its healing is increased by 60%.

- Life and Death: When targets afflicted by your Festering Wound are healed, you are also healed for 10% of the amount.
In addition, your Virulent Plague now erupts for 400% of normal eruption damage when dispelled.

- Lichborne: Draw upon unholy and frost energies to become Undead for 10 sec. While undead all damage is reduced by 30% and you are nearly unstoppable becoming immune to Stun, Snare, Fear and Root effects.
However, during Lichborne you cannot move faster than 50% of normal speed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be aware that Death Strike buff in 8.1, will only be an extra 20%; Rank 2 of the skill (lvl 68) already buffs it by 40%. The cost reduction is actually good.

Life and Death... idk, maybe useful against druids and mws but still nothing great. Opposite version of Crypt Fever.

And i still don't get the idea of Lichborne. It's something like "be even slower than you already are, and die painfully stabbed by 1000 arrows in the middle of the map" or something.

life and death is crazy against any type of healer? it's exclusive to rdru/mw
Lichborne is gonna be litborne into melee teams I think?