Put me in charge, ill fix your company

General Discussion
The first step would be to immediately halt the production of Diablo Immortal, and make a public apology to all the fans and investors for this fiasco. I would explain that the goal is to take the company back in the right direction, and to be more transparent with the player base and communities. Knowing you can never please EVERYBODY, but at the very least knowing what the majority of the community wants. I would throw all of our resources into the production of Diablo 4, but won't rush it.

Blizzard, I just gave you the holy grail on how to fix your problems. You have my information, send me some money.
11/09/2018 07:10 AMPosted by Shamcrow
The first step would be to immediately halt the production of Diablo Immortal, and make a public apology to all the fans and investors for this fiasco. I would explain that the goal is to take the company back in the right direction, and to be more transparent with the player base and communities. Knowing you can never please EVERYBODY, but at the very least knowing what the majority of the community wants. I would throw all of our resources into the production of Diablo 4, but won't rush it.

Blizzard, I just gave you the holy grail on how to fix your problems. You have my information, send me some money.

In addition to WoW getting an EXTREME amount of attention in the quality and content departments. Good lord what a mess it is.
Oh you sweet summer child...

11/09/2018 07:16 AMPosted by Blinte

Calling this one a sweet summer child is being extraordinarily generous.
I upvoted because... what can go wrong with a dwarf leading?
11/09/2018 07:14 AMPosted by Gorelight
In addition to WoW getting an EXTREME amount of attention in the quality and content departments. Good lord what a mess it is.

[/quote]
D3 is an even bigger mess atm.

SC2, HotS and HS are what they are...

OW is the big money maker so it can't loose the attention.

So, where would you subtract attention from to give it to WoW?

If your head is so far up your bottom that you don't think this fiasco calls for an apology, then you obviously wouldn't have what it takes. They're company needs someone who can fix their problems, not staying quiet about it.
The first step would be to immediately halt the production of Diablo Immortal
As an investor, I'd demand you be fired immediately for sheer stupidity. The mobile market is a no-brainer and Diablo is an established franchise that only stands to increase my share in that market. You'd better be carrying your other IPs into the mobile market also because, again, huge share that you can't just ignore.

However, your PC audience is important and you damn well better be working on significant new Diablo content for the PC/consoles. You damn well better apologize for what happened at BlizzCon and get to work keeping those players happy.
immediately halt the production of Diablo Immortal

that sounds so simple when you say it... but if you make an investment, you have to get some return out of it; to break even at the very least.

Cancelling something that already cost millions of dollars is throwing those dollars in the drain.

Yes, it was a sh*t project. Anyone with half a working eye could have seen it coming. But they are already in too deep. They have to keep going with it.
11/09/2018 07:21 AMPosted by Shamcrow

If your head is so far up your bottom that you don't think this fiasco calls for an apology, then you obviously wouldn't have what it takes. They're company needs someone who can fix their problems, not staying quiet about it.

THEIR company could make an apology, sure. But to completely dismantle all work done on the Diablo mobile game because you don't like it? Lmao. You think those investors aren't looking forward to that game going on the mobile store, it being purchased/downloaded millions of times, and the cash from micro transactions starts flowing it? They'd get rid of your !@# so quickly.
He couldn't send WoW into a worse direction than it already is, it's worth a shot.

Your knowledge of business matters is lacking. A company is allowed to add products to its portfolio -- mobile gaming is growing, and expanding further into it, by building on their established brands, is good business. It doesn't have to mean they're abandoning PC gaming (and I don't think that it does mean that).

And they are working on multiple Diablo projects; the mobile game is just the one they were ready to announce, and they warned people ahead of Blizzcon that they would not be getting the Diablo 4 announcement.

P.S. Obligatory "It's possible to fail to believe that the devs are the Spawn of Satan, and yet not be a 'shill' or a 'white knight'" declaration.

P.P.S. And here I was, poor little naive innocent waif, thinking that Blizzcon was a two day promotional blitz for Blizzard games. All Blizzard games, not just the ones made for the PC market.
Only if you personally promise to pay back all the money lost if they really give you all that money to fix the company. Remember this could be in the billions of dollars.

But I am intrigued, what would you do to make Diablo a billion dollar a year franchise similar to Warcraft or Overwatch?
You're going to halt production of a project that will make boat loads of money when released? How soon can we fire you for making terrible financial decisions for the company?
Hmm, good thing you're not in charge then.
Wait is this thread going on your resume
11/09/2018 07:30 AMPosted by Smadinker
He couldn't send WoW into a worse direction than it already is, it's worth a shot.

He's right, you know.
Shamcrow for President 2020. Make WoW Great Again

I don't think that Diablo Immortal is an actual mistake, as there is more than likely a market for it. I do think that the presentation was less than ideal and that Blizzcon was perhaps too large of a stage for it. That said I'm well aware that I don't have what it takes to run a giant like Blizzard and that to think that I can would just show that I severely underestimate what such a job would entail.

Edit:
Also if you believe that your way of running Blizzard would result in a tenure free from spite and complaints from the playerbase just because you'd try to be transparent(with what you could be transparent about) then you'd be in for a severe end to your... innocence.

I support this message.