Put me in charge, ill fix your company

General Discussion
The board would remove you instantly.

Do I want Diablo on mobile? Of course not, what a stupid idea, by a company full of morons.

Do I understand that investors want it, because the mobile market is where the money is? Yes. Do I understand that people get addicted and waste all sorts of money on mobile games? Yes.

However one thing they aren't considering is that it's not just diablo mobile. Once they make money off the boost packs, that will probably be 100+ dollars for the highest packs, it will seep into other games. Eventually you'll see it in all Blizzard games, because that's what will be demanded of them.

This is the first step towards the end.
11/09/2018 07:43 AMPosted by Coldsnap
The board would remove you instantly.

Do I want Diablo on mobile? Of course not, what a stupid idea, by a company full of morons.

Do I understand that investors want it, because the mobile market is where the money is? Yes. Do I understand that people get addicted and waste all sorts of money on mobile games? Yes.

However one thing they aren't considering is that it's not just diablo mobile. Once they make money off the boost packs, that will probably be 100+ dollars for the highest packs, it will seep into other games. Eventually you'll see it in all Blizzard games, because that's what will be demanded of them.

This is the first step towards the end.

The radical centrist. He sees the pitfalls of every side! Man he's so cool...
11/09/2018 07:38 AMPosted by Galinna
11/09/2018 07:10 AMPosted by Shamcrow
The first step would be to immediately halt the production of Diablo Immortal, and make a public apology to all the fans and investors for this fiasco. I would explain that the goal is to take the company back in the right direction, and to be more transparent with the player base and communities. Knowing you can never please EVERYBODY, but at the very least knowing what the majority of the community wants. I would throw all of our resources into the production of Diablo 4, but won't rush it.

Blizzard, I just gave you the holy grail on how to fix your problems. You have my information, send me some money.

I support this message.

Neither of you should ever get in to any kind of business.
Note to self:
Sell rest of ATVI stock before this happens
11/09/2018 07:44 AMPosted by Hypheria

The guy who applies a political lens to everything. Man, he's so in tune with stuff ..
there is nothing inherently wrong about immortal it was presenting it as the one and only piece to a room full of pc gamers with not even a sniff of the future for those gamers. blizz can release mobile games idc its a smart business move . when they say they are done with the pc market then i will be done with them
11/09/2018 07:26 AMPosted by Yellöwböze
11/09/2018 07:21 AMPosted by Shamcrow

If your head is so far up your bottom that you don't think this fiasco calls for an apology, then you obviously wouldn't have what it takes. They're company needs someone who can fix their problems, not staying quiet about it.

THEIR company could make an apology, sure. But to completely dismantle all work done on the Diablo mobile game because you don't like it? Lmao. You think those investors aren't looking forward to that game going on the mobile store, it being purchased/downloaded millions of times, and the cash from micro transactions starts flowing it? They'd get rid of your !@# so quickly.

Lol what work? They payed a Chinese company to reskin their crappy cash grab.
11/09/2018 07:21 AMPosted by Shamcrow
11/09/2018 07:16 AMPosted by Blinte
Oh you sweet summer child...

If your head is so far up your bottom that you don't think this fiasco calls for an apology, then you obviously wouldn't have what it takes. They're company needs someone who can fix their problems, not staying quiet about it.

Ahh. the summer child is also delicate.
The first step would be to immediately halt the production of Diablo Immortal, and make a public apology to all the fans and investors for this fiasco. I would explain that the goal is to take the company back in the right direction, and to be more transparent with the player base and communities. Knowing you can never please EVERYBODY, but at the very least knowing what the majority of the community wants. I would throw all of our resources into the production of Diablo 4, but won't rush it.

Blizzard, I just gave you the holy grail on how to fix your problems. You have my information, send me some money.

You would be fired at the first stockholder's meeting.

The mobile market is lucrative and Blizzard would be insane not to enter it.

I wish the company had developed a new IP for the market instead.

However, this signals Blizzard's move away from PC games.

First it was Starcraft (no new PC dev or anything)
Now Diablo - (no PC release...shifting to mobile)
HS -(ported to mobile)
OW - who cares, unless you like esports

WoW - has been in obvious decline over the last five years.

So, what has Blizzard been developing for the PC since 2012 (last PC release of Diablo)?

Nothing.

Seeing a pattern here. Not saying WoW is going mobile but the company is obviously putting less and less money into development. You would have to be blind not to notice.

Do people understand Diablo as it is does NOT make blizz money? It's a money pit. Yes they make some money off initial game sells, but they have no in game transactions or subs to maintain server costs that the diablo games incur.

Diablo Immortal had to happen if Diablo is to continue at all.
11/09/2018 07:24 AMPosted by Derka
The first step would be to immediately halt the production of Diablo Immortal
your PC audience is important and you damn well better be working on significant new Diablo content for the PC/consoles. You damn well better apologize for what happened at BlizzCon and get to work keeping those players happy.

They did say they were working on other diablo projects, but they just weren't ready to show them yet. That is par for the course for Blizzard. They like to keep things under wraps until they have some sort of quality to show.
The first step would be to immediately halt the production of Diablo Immortal

Flushed a couple million in R&D down the toilet. Complete loss.

and make a public apology to all the fans and investors for this fiasco.

You just admitted fault, you take a further hit from stocks and lost faith from investors. You've essentially crippled yourself until you can produce results which'll be harder to accomplish because you decided to punch yourself in the face.

Assuming you didn't get fired at your first shareholder meeting for being an idiot.

You be fired the minute that mission statement went out. First most company as big as blizzard doesn't pour all their man power into just 1 project. A company grows by expanding to different markets had they just stayed in the PC market they would only reaching about 25-30% of the gamer player base that a whole lot of money just blowing in the wind up for grabs. I wouldn't doubt if some aspects of wow make it to mobile someone make a joke about pet battles which would make sense to be honest we already have some form of mission tables etc its smart business the difference is things like mission table work in conjunction with the PC game. As far as apologize they wouldn't have to about the game but should maybe be a little apologetic but how it was unveiled.
All they have to do with that diablo game is rig it to be usable by PC gamers. There are already conversion programs you can download for other mobile games. So they just need to adapt this tec and allow their customers play the new game on both platforms.

As for WoW. Well all the useful posts on how to fix things is buried inside GD under a mountain of crap. But if they dig they will find the solutions they need to fix this game. However MOST of it involves putting aside their own massive ego and stubberness. Also the fact that they move at snails pace is not helping. They could have gotten worgen and goblins done 2 years ago.

What about the fans who were looking forward to Diablo Immortal of which there are probably millions. What would you do about them.

Also this is the wrong forum too - Diablo has its own if you hadn't discovered.
11/09/2018 08:11 AMPosted by Kimmiroa

Do people understand Diablo as it is does NOT make blizz money? It's a money pit. Yes they make some money off initial game sells, but they have no in game transactions or subs to maintain server costs that the diablo games incur.

Diablo Immortal had to happen if Diablo is to continue at all.

I am always amazed that they continue to make even any content for Diablo at this stage because they aren't getting anything of value out of it since they don't even have a store for that game.
11/09/2018 08:22 AMPosted by Amine
I am always amazed that they continue to make even any content for Diablo at this stage because they aren't getting anything of value out of it since they don't even have a store for that game.

I feel like it's a complete no-brainer. They still have original Diablo classes to implement such the Assassin, Druid and Amazon.

They can create other content besides Greater Rifts such as a mega-dungeon or limitless dungeon or a boss rush or do a throwback to Uber Runs or introduce trinkets or runewords. They're so hungry for content as this point nearly anything would satisfy them.

They have so much nostalgia fuel in the tank and they've not once capitalized on it besides the Necromancer and even that didn't really up to the fans vision which is based on the Diablo II version.

And when their profits shrink, you'll be relocated or fired. Appealing to the hardcore base has never resulted in a rallying or resurgence of interest in titles... expanding the market is the best possible tried and true path to growth - there are no more neckbeards to acquire.

Furthermore, the idea that the loud minority are indicative of ALL Blizzard feedback is flawed. Many at Blizzcon reported that Immortal felt OK to good. It appeals to more than just our market, and will guaranteed be profitable. The community gave the same outcry over Hearthstone and Diablo 3 on consoles when they were announced, as casual trash cash grabs... and here they are making Blizzard tons of money. Diablo 3's Digital Sale on consoles put it in the top 10 for 6 months.

Anyway, cheer up. My nieces getting some cool Blizzard games on their phones does not hurt you.
Look at all the business tycoons in this thread.
11/09/2018 07:49 AMPosted by Mvura
11/09/2018 07:44 AMPosted by Hypheria

The guy who applies a political lens to everything. Man, he's so in tune with stuff ..

Where did I say anything about politics? You're the one interepreting here.