Battle For Darkshore Horde Warfront

Story Forum
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
I bet Horde Druids love this. Destroy all the forests, Blight everything! Kill everything! Moonglade is next!
11/09/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Carmageddon
Why does the "Horde" content feel like an argument between two Night Elves?

Yeah really.

I'd rather just watch a death match between Maiev and Sira.

On a more serious note, this might be the first warfront commander match up that's personal for both. So drama is amped up.
11/09/2018 09:37 AMPosted by Bipzi
I bet Horde Druids love this. Destroy all the forests, Blight everything! Kill everything! Moonglade is next!

If the story made any sense, Horde druids would have left the Horde a while ago. Shamans as well - Sylvanas is weaponizing the dying planet instead of wanting to heal it.
11/09/2018 09:23 AMPosted by Arazlok
Not really certain if this will important in the story as Tyrande and Mulfurion have to give Azshara a conclusion in 8.2.

Really hope the Horde gets at least a Brann reason for doing the raid.
Thomas Zelling and Rexxar probably.

Though the developers have mentioned the horde will succeed against the alliance in 8.2 so it's likely Sylvanas finds a new weapon there.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Really hope the Horde gets at least a Brann reason for doing the raid.

Though the developers have mentioned the horde will succeed against the alliance in 8.2 so it's likely Sylvanas finds a new weapon there.

I never heard about the Horde succeeding in 8.2 against the Alliance? All I've heard is that both fleets are wrecked. (Despite the Alliance "winning" at Dazar'alor but... that was short-lived apparently.)
11/09/2018 09:44 AMPosted by Ayaani
...Thomas Zelling and Rexxar probably.

I never heard about the Horde succeeding in 8.2 against the Alliance? All I've heard is that both fleets are wrecked. (Despite the Alliance "winning" at Dazar'alor but... that was short-lived apparently.)

He is I think misremembering. There was a leak in China months ago that said Sylvanas would perform some sort of miracle that would save the Horde. Many are now thinking that the “miracle” will happen in 8.2. I am skeptical of that per se.
11/09/2018 09:36 AMPosted by Ayaani
Sira is so annoying wth... she sounds like a teenager throwing a temper tantrum.

"MOM I DID NOT WANT TO DO MY CHORES WAAAAAAH"

-Sira Moonwarden 2018

I used to feel sorry for her, until they added the 'willing souls' thing and she apparently agreed to be raised just for this.

Can't wait to end her miserable existence.
"You didn't protect our people, Maiev! This makes me mad at you! >:("
"Ooooh! Someone quick! Make a monster to help me slaughter my people for t3h d4rk lady! :->"

Corruption, people. From the same land of Thros that infected The Emerald Dream and corrupted Kaldorei before her, Sira is just another soul lost to that hell.

At least this is a nice way to frame the Kaldorei, custodians of the realm of life and one race guaranteed a peaceful afterlife, as an antithetical mirror of the Forsaken, refugees from the realm of nightmare and death, guaranteed nothing but hell in their afterlife.

And now they're dragging everyone down into hell with them. Sira and Delaryn must be some juicy freaking catharsis for those dingbats.
11/09/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Ayaani
11/09/2018 09:37 AMPosted by Bipzi

If the story made any sense, Horde druids would have left the Horde a while ago. Shamans as well - Sylvanas is weaponizing the dying planet instead of wanting to heal it.

Oh man, you have a point! I totally forgot about the Shamans.... but I don't feel so bad about that, everybody has forgotten about the poor Shamans, even Blizzard.
Pretty cool. Though given the fact that Nathanos is intending to blight the region, logically the Horde only needs to win once. Blight everything we're not using/can't hold and the Alliance has few healthy options available to them. Obviously, this won't affect the warfront in any meaningful way from a gameplay standard, but it's something that came to mind. Sira is looking good in that stylish grey armor, I gotta say. You think she'd let me try it on, once the warfront is concluded? :o
11/09/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Breakerdevon

You know, now that I think about it, Rexxar was the first Horde person we know of that fought the Naga, along with Rokhan and Cairne, after they showed up and wiped out the Kul Tiran base.

But I fully expect Zelling to counterpart Pike. They were both Tidesages of the same rank.
Sira is so annoying wth... she sounds like a teenager throwing a temper tantrum.

-Sira Moonwarden 2018

Sira: It is you who abandoned us, Maiev! You burdened me with everything in your absence!
Maiev: In your interview, you said you were willing to move into a leadership position!

Also complete and utter LAWL at Sira's horrible Christian Bale voice.

He is I think misremembering. There was a leak in China months ago that said Sylvanas would perform some sort of miracle that would save the Horde. Many are now thinking that the “miracle” will happen in 8.2. I am skeptical of that per se.
Thank you
11/09/2018 09:46 AMPosted by Yrithe

-Sira Moonwarden 2018

I used to feel sorry for her, until they added the 'willing souls' thing and she apparently agreed to be raised just for this.

Can't wait to end her miserable existence.

I really wonder if the reason for a NE soul being willing is because they have done something that earned them the same afterlife that Sylvanas experienced, rather than Wisp/Elune. If you KNOW, because you've actually started to experience it, that your afterlife is an eternity of torment/pain/suffering... well I think pretty much anybody would be willing to do whatever it takes to stop that from happening.

Eternity is a long time to suffer for what then would amount to your decisions during the absolute briefest blip of your existence.
11/09/2018 09:50 AMPosted by Kelrexia

-Sira Moonwarden 2018

Sira: It is you who abandoned us, Maiev! You burdened me with everything in your absence!
Maiev: In your interview, you said you were willing to move into a leadership position!

Also complete and utter LAWL at Sira's horrible Christian Bale voice.

Ugh, that's another thing I hate about this. Sira led the Wardens for like a year. Maiev led them for 10,000 years. Maiev only "abandoned" them for a very very tiny fraction of that time, and she did it to hunt Illidan, who's the reason the Wardens exist in the first place.

Why are you crying about this now, Sira?
11/09/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Yrithe
Because death changes you. And again, Blizz just outright said The Shadowlands, Thros, and The Nightmare are the same plane. Its finally laid out for us in simple terms. Undeath ranges from unaffected to outright, full on Elerethe level corrupted. The Kaldorei souls that are not "unwilling", as the quest puts it, are corrupted.
11/09/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Yrithe
Ugh, that's another thing I hate about this. Sira led the Wardens for like a year. Maiev led them for 10,000 years. Maiev only "abandoned" them for a very very tiny fraction of that time, and she did it to hunt Illidan, who's the reason the Wardens exist in the first place.

At absolute worst it was a few years while Maiev was held prisoner by Illypants in Outland.

Near as I can tell, the Watchers/Wardens weren't actively doing anything during those years either.

Sira must just really hate filling out payroll.
The 'captain' before you fight Maiev is a Night Warrior named Myara Nightsong. Name sounded familiar so I looked it up, and there was a Myara Sunsong. I'm presuming it's the same elf and she changed her name when she became a Night Warrior.

Which furthers the parallels with the high/blood elves, since many blood elves changed their names too.

11/09/2018 10:07 AMPosted by Kelrexia
Near as I can tell, the Watchers/Wardens weren't actively doing anything during those years either.

Sira must just really hate filling out payroll

That was the problem. There was nothing to do but play puzzle games with Malace Shade for the millionth time. She may have been alive during Legion, but in her heart, Sira died from boredom long ago.
11/09/2018 09:15 AMPosted by Ximothy
The Horde forces include Sira, Nathanos, Velonara, Belmont, Faranel, Summermoon, Hawkins, and I think that's Aelthalyste.

You missed Apothecary Keever : )

More Forsaken units and named Forsaken here than in the Battle of Lordaeron! This is truly the hour of the Forsaken.

Overall I'm pleased and can't wait to see the finished product.
11/09/2018 08:41 AMPosted by Daiza
Only skipping through this video because I have the attention span of a rodent and can't sit still for 10 minutes.

So I'm confused.

The Night elf base in Darkshore is a goblin platform?

Whoever owns the zone uses the island. Whoever is assaulting uses Bashal'Aran. It's not like Arathi where they have set bases.