When will Blizzard address faction imbalance?

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
The title says it all. Faction imbalance has become pandemic to the point that the few alliance who remain are faction swapping on a regular basis. The game was originally predicated on the faction war; now it's predicated on everyone being horde to push mythic rank and arena rating.

It seems obvious that the solution is to make alliance racials more ideal for players than horde for at least a while just to entice some faction swaps, then make faction swaps free until the populations balanced out. Who knows, maybe it'll take even more than that.

I rolled horde 14 years ago because they were the underdogs. Now I'm tempted to swap, but don't see much point in it if everyone I end up guilding with slowly faction swaps away.

How do you solve this problem?
Ion gave an interview today denying any talks of faction imbalance outside of warmode. So, never.
Never. They'd rather let the game die than admit there is a faction imbalance.
It's too late at this point. You'd have to make the alliance racials not only as good as the horde racial but much better. Because people who have all ready faction changed aren't going to put in the effort to change back for the same benefit. Blizzard simply won't do this.

Throw in the fact horde all ready have the numbers and people will keep switching to horde to find groups/guilds easier.

Only hope is to introduce a new allied race that everyone wants to be.
11/09/2018 02:26 PMPosted by Comedy
Dryad.

You know you want too. ♥
11/09/2018 02:26 PMPosted by Comedy
It's too late at this point. You'd have to make the alliance racials not only as good as the horde racial but much better. Because people who have all ready faction changed aren't going to put in the effort to change back for the same benefit. Blizzard simply won't do this.

Throw in the fact horde all ready have the numbers and people will keep switching to horde to find groups/guilds easier.

Or create a raids mechanic that somehow makes an alliance racial or two better. Could have a fight that increases the effect of passive racials by 2x.
I was expecting this to be an Alliance person posting this kind of shocked its a horde lol.
Entire Dev team loves, plays as and focuses on the horde

Horde somehow end up with the better racials for pvp and pve (overall).

Top PvP and PvE players/guilds transfer to horde

This snowballs over the years

Now we are at where we are at

Enjoy! :D
If you want racial ability balance...the Horde is there waiting for you.
Population number is very balanced, devs never said the population is balanced around Mythic raids or rated arena.

Alliance have more roleplayer.
Only thing they can do is give the alliance new racials so they are better in pve.
I think the issue nowadays boils down to community. The horde just has a better community at the high end. The population is surprisingly even if you include all levels last I checked. Alliance just tends to have more leveling characters and role players.

Even when Alliance had a ridiculous racial inbalance for pvp, I'm talking 98 percent top arena teams being Alliance, there were more Horde pvpers in total.
Faction imbalance is making them money, so why would they fix it? As long as people keep paying to switch to Horde it will remain an imbalanced game. F U shareholders you were the worst thing that ever happened to Blizzard.
11/09/2018 02:39 PMPosted by Ajora
Entire Dev team loves, plays as and focuses on the horde

Horde somehow end up with the better racials for pvp and pve (overall).

Top PvP and PvE players/guilds transfer to horde

This snowballs over the years

Now we are at where we are at

Enjoy! :D

And what about all those years Alliance had better pvp racials??
it will likely be fixed when WoW goes to mobile. You can be sure that most mobile gamers are the type to choose alliance.
11/09/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Luciell
Ion gave an interview today denying any talks of faction imbalance outside of warmode. So, never.

Do you have a link to that interview?

As cliche as it sounds at this point, it really does seem like the game's downhill slide worsened when Ian & co. took over. The game was turned into a slot machine, design to get you addicted with RNG rewards instead of focusing on an enjoyable, fulfilling experience. So I guess it wouldn't surprise me if they refuse to acknowledge the problem.

Remember when Every Man was the universally most amazing racial? One has to wonder if they calculate racial buffs and nerfs in such a way as to cash in on paid faction swaps.
We're at the "Bury Heads In Sand" stage of the expac, similar to what we saw when WoD was in its middle stages.

When the game is struggling and Blizzard doesn't know how to fix it, they pretend there's nothing to fix. There will be no admission of a problem, let alone plans to address it.
11/09/2018 02:38 PMPosted by Orienn
I was expecting this to be an Alliance person posting this kind of shocked its a horde lol.

It's this new Alliance thing they're doing. They make alts on Horde so they can say things and think that because they're on a Horde character it will have more weight.

In reality it makes me roll my eye real hard.
Simple answer? Never.

Players choose whether they want to play Horde or Alliance. Unless, of course, you want Blizzard to take away that choice and tell each player which faction they will play as ..... ? Or if they choose the dominant faction, they have to wait in a queue (forever) until a player in that faction unsub's and deletes his/her account .... ? Or they're prevented from playing a certain faction on a certain server and get shunted to a different server, meaning they can't play with their friends or other family members who play WoW.... ?

Or do you have a different solution to suggest?
11/09/2018 02:58 PMPosted by Hankypanky
11/09/2018 02:38 PMPosted by Orienn

It's this new Alliance thing they're doing. They make alts on Horde so they can say things and think that because they're on a Horde character it will have more weight.

In reality it makes me roll my eye real hard.

I mean, you can pull up my wowprog and see how long this toon has been in its current guild.