When will Blizzard address faction imbalance?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
11/09/2018 02:56 PMPosted by Äbël
11/09/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Luciell
Ion gave an interview today denying any talks of faction imbalance outside of warmode. So, never.

Do you have a link to that interview?

As cliche as it sounds at this point, it really does seem like the game's downhill slide worsened when Ian & co. took over. The game was turned into a slot machine, design to get you addicted with RNG rewards instead of focusing on an enjoyable, fulfilling experience. So I guess it wouldn't surprise me if they refuse to acknowledge the problem.

Remember when Every Man was the universally most amazing racial? One has to wonder if they calculate racial buffs and nerfs in such a way as to cash in on paid faction swaps.

I believe this is the article

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hnewman/2018/11/07/blizzard-working-to-balance-warcrafts-alliance-and-horde-players-in-war-mode-raiding/amp/
They addressed faction imbalance already. They call it War Mode. If you don’t want to get stomped by the horde, you turn it off. Problem solved.
11/09/2018 02:23 PMPosted by Äbël
How do you solve this problem?

Introduce a questline that forces horde to choose between Saurfang and Sylvanas. Sylvanas finds out you betrayed her and tries to assassinate you, the alliance comes to your aid and joins forces with you.
Faction balance can never be achieved, Player choice will wreck whatever solution blizzard comes up with.
We recently lost two out of our twink group to a faction transfer over to Horde and I can't even figure out why. It wasn't for wins their side, that's for sure.
11/09/2018 02:26 PMPosted by Comedy
It's too late at this point. You'd have to make the alliance racials not only as good as the horde racial but much better. Because people who have all ready faction changed aren't going to put in the effort to change back for the same benefit. Blizzard simply won't do this.

Throw in the fact horde all ready have the numbers and people will keep switching to horde to find groups/guilds easier.

Only hope is to introduce a new allied race that everyone wants to be.

High Elves.

Give them OP'd racials and allow them to be almost every class. Problem solved. Blizzard cleans up and makes a boatload of cash, too. Everybody wins.
11/09/2018 02:41 PMPosted by Mokrae
Population number is very balanced, devs never said the population is balanced around Mythic raids or rated arena.

Alliance have more roleplayer.

55/45 is not balanced.
11/09/2018 02:58 PMPosted by Hankypanky
11/09/2018 02:38 PMPosted by Orienn
I was expecting this to be an Alliance person posting this kind of shocked its a horde lol.

It's this new Alliance thing they're doing. They make alts on Horde so they can say things and think that because they're on a Horde character it will have more weight.

In reality it makes me roll my eye real hard.

pretty ignorent to think it's only a one sided problem. this impacts general game health.
11/09/2018 02:23 PMPosted by Äbël
The title says it all. Faction imbalance has become pandemic to the point that the few alliance who remain are faction swapping on a regular basis. The game was originally predicated on the faction war; now it's predicated on everyone being horde to push mythic rank and arena rating.

It seems obvious that the solution is to make alliance racials more ideal for players than horde for at least a while just to entice some faction swaps, then make faction swaps free until the populations balanced out. Who knows, maybe it'll take even more than that.

I rolled horde 14 years ago because they were the underdogs. Now I'm tempted to swap, but don't see much point in it if everyone I end up guilding with slowly faction swaps away.

How do you solve this problem?

Have Blood elf automatically switch to alliance side. change name from blood elf to high elf. problem solved.(rolls eyes). Otherwise it don't matter. No one going to switch because of the lack of talent on alliance side.
11/09/2018 05:12 PMPosted by Drakonov
55/45 is not balanced.
Except that it was the kind of advantage Alliance had at least until Legion rolled in, but I don't remember massive outcries about how the "end is nigh!" when that was the case.

11/09/2018 05:10 PMPosted by Toughen
High Elves.

Give them OP'd racials and allow them to be almost every class. Problem solved. Blizzard cleans up and makes a boatload of cash, too. Everybody wins.
The containment thread is over there --->
11/09/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Luciell
Ion gave an interview today denying any talks of faction imbalance outside of warmode. So, never.

Ion: "I swear on our two-ton solid bronze orc statue that there is no faction imbalance or bias!"
11/09/2018 05:16 PMPosted by Midare
55/45 is not balanced.
Except that it was the kind of advantage Alliance had at least until Legion rolled in, but I don't remember massive outcries about how the "end is nigh!" when that was the case.

11/09/2018 05:10 PMPosted by Toughen
High Elves.

The containment thread is over there --->

It's a problem when it's only the top 10% of alliance that all goes over to Horde. Horde has ha a more solid endgame community since TBC I think, and it's snowballed over time. Now anyone who wants to play seriously is horde.
You would have to force players to go alliance. Not happening.
Best solution is for Blizzard to go through the forums and anyone that complained about racial imbalance and are horde are automatically faction changed to alliance.
11/09/2018 02:41 PMPosted by Mokrae
Population number is very balanced, devs never said the population is balanced around Mythic raids or rated arena.

Alliance have more roleplayer.

55/45 is not balanced.

Its 51/49 in favor of Alliance, try again.
To be honest, racials have literally nothing to do with why 99% of people play Horde or Alliance (directly at least). Many years ago the elite 1% of players who are the top players in the world went Horde for better racials. The realms they moved to got a reputation as being good for raiding. As smaller servers died players joined the servers with the best guilds in hopes to raid/do rbgs/etc. In many ways the faction balance lies solely on the feet of the players; many of whom took the easiest path to raiding by playing Horde instead of “roughing it out” as Alliance.
I remember when it was alliance>Horde in WOD and every time someone complained they’d get shot down and made fun of and told to factions change or get off a PvP server. Now it’s alliance<horde since legion and everyone is complaining. Typical alliance *rolls eyes*
11/09/2018 02:38 PMPosted by Orienn
I was expecting this to be an Alliance person posting this kind of shocked its a horde lol.
most players have both at this point
11/09/2018 05:20 PMPosted by Drakonov
It's a problem when it's only the top 10% of alliance that all goes over to Horde. Horde has ha a more solid endgame community since TBC I think
SO you guys had trouble getting things done since TBC... the times when Alliance had the majority of the playerbase?

Then maybe, just maybe, the problem is with you guys?
They did during classic when you capped a faction per server. They removed that during BC