Classic WoW, Tanking and Healing

Classic Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
I will be glad when classic wow starts next summer. Today's DPS think they are the tank and just pull because they are impatience and want to get through an instance in 5 minutes. So when classic wow starts and they do that. I can expect to see wipes after wipes happening and of coarse they will either blame the Tank or Healer for there own stupid impatient fault.

All i am saying is get ready and let the Tanks pull and do there job in low lvl instances, so when Classic WoW comes live next summer you will be prepared.

Remember also that healers dont have unlimited mana. They will run out even on small pulls.

Expect dungeons will take twice as long as right now to do
Lol you are right about that. Plenty of people who do that now.
Yup Classic will not be for the lazy and impatient. I hope people aren't gonna go in treating it the same as modern wow. Anyone who does won't last long lol.
I wonder how many tanks will get kicked for "not holding aggro" for things the DPS did, like attacking the wrong mob or not giving the tank time to build aggro before opening up their can of whoopa##
Problem is. I dont think you can kick them for being Stupid. But i see what will happen after a couple of wipes people will just leave group and of coarse those they will blame others for there stupidity
11/10/2018 04:32 PMPosted by Amarlly
I wonder how many tanks will get kicked for "not holding aggro" for things the DPS did, like attacking the wrong mob or not giving the tank time to build aggro before opening up their can of whoopa##

I remember back in Classic. You had to give the Tank 2 secs to get aggro before attacking and only attack what Tank was attacking
Back to "wait for 3 sunders" XD.
Don't believe you will be able to kick which will be interesting to see how people will have to deal with each other again.
11/10/2018 04:47 PMPosted by Asmo
Don't believe you will be able to kick which will be interesting to see how people will have to deal with each other again.

The group leader can kick.
1) Our raids had a designated puller and it was not the tank!
2) If your healer is running out of mana on every pull in a 5 man dungeon they either are NOT healing spec or their gear sucks, or they don't know how to heal

And yes I raided in all the classic raids
I remember getting 2-shot by trash mobs in TBC heroic dungeons. Those were good times.
It's still almost always easy and faster to just work together and teach players what to do. Hearthing to Org/Ironforge/etc... , recruiting someone new, then going back takes too long.
11/10/2018 04:51 PMPosted by Lorissa
1) Our raids had a designated puller and it was not the tank!

[/quote]

Yes, you always had the hunter pull in raids but you also had voice chat.
Players playing classic like retail won't make it past level 10. The Fargodeep Kobolds and the Murlocs will teach them how to play or they will quit.
Time to make a macro to assist focus target :)

...wait...I’ll be tanking....I am the focus target
11/10/2018 04:55 PMPosted by Vindicative
Time to make a macro to assist focus target :)

...wait...I’ll be tanking....I am the focus target

Healer dies because off tank #3 tanked their mini boss too close to another mini boss and the healer pulled agrro of the mini boss that was supposed to be nowhere near them lol. MC mini bosses will 1 shot a raid healer
11/10/2018 04:26 PMPosted by Pulverizor
I will be glad when classic wow starts next summer. Today's DPS think they are the tank and just pull because they are impatience and want to get through an instance in 5 minutes. So when classic wow starts and they do that. I can expect to see wipes after wipes happening and of coarse they will either blame the Tank or Healer for there own stupid impatient fault.

All i am saying is get ready and let the Tanks pull and do there job in low lvl instances, so when Classic WoW comes live next summer you will be prepared.

Remember also that healers dont have unlimited mana. They will run out even on small pulls.

I actually support this message.
11/10/2018 04:54 PMPosted by Drakonov
Players playing classic like retail won't make it past level 10. The Fargodeep Kobolds and the Murlocs will teach them how to play or they will quit.

They will think they are unstoppable and pull half dozen and be killed in seconds. I can just hear all the crybabies right now in chat saying this sucks and is too hard
11/10/2018 04:26 PMPosted by Pulverizor

Twice?

TWICE?

TWICE?!!!!!

Welcome to the world of two-hour dungeon runs (and that's the EASY ones), my good fellow. "Twice as long" would be a joke to reach the first boss.