Classic Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
11/10/2018 05:05 PMPosted by Raelhorn
11/10/2018 04:26 PMPosted by Pulverizor
Expect dungeons will take twice as long as right now to do

Twice?

TWICE?

TWICE?!!!!!

Welcome to the world of two-hour dungeon runs (and that's the EASY ones), my good fellow. "Twice as long" would be a joke to reach the first boss.

Well i was thinking of the lower lvl (Deadmines, Stockades) but the others. Maybe with a very good group. 30 min
Remember going into a raid to take on a new boss with a server 1st or server 2nd guild... you know you knew what was about to happen when you guild tells you not to step in without 30x repair fund, x# of flasks, a stack of x y z, this list of pots, and the best food for your class. And holy cow if after the 1st wipe you said you needed to repair
11/10/2018 05:08 PMPosted by Pulverizor
11/10/2018 05:05 PMPosted by Raelhorn

Twice?

TWICE?

TWICE?!!!!!

Welcome to the world of two-hour dungeon runs (and that's the EASY ones), my good fellow. "Twice as long" would be a joke to reach the first boss.

Well i was thinking of the lower lvl (Deadmines, Stockades) but the others. Maybe with a very good group. 30 min
HAHA wait tell they see the attunement quest line. What was that thing again wasn't it about 70 quests?
11/10/2018 05:08 PMPosted by Pulverizor

A good Deadmines run is around an hour or so.
Stockades... maybe 30-45 minutes with a good group.

Just about every other dungeon, outside of the four Scarlet Monastery wings, was guaranteed to take an hour or more... which was probably why SM was so popular.

Keep in mind, the 45-minute Undead Stratholme clear (part of the Tier 0.5 quests) was a SPEEDRUN.
11/10/2018 04:48 PMPosted by Werbatim
11/10/2018 04:47 PMPosted by Asmo
...Don't believe you will be able to kick which will be interesting to see how people will have to deal with each other again.

The group leader can kick.

If the tank isn't GL I won't be joining the group. Tank needs to mark mobs.
What i can recall from vanilla instances is that CC was used everywhere, even in low lv instances. Warriors took a metric ton o damage back then so, having 4-5 mobs on them was out of the question.

Assisting the tank was the only way to avoid a dirtnap and even then, some priests and pallies could still snatch aggro from a warrior with a badly timed heal crit.

I dreaded a lot of instances back then, even with decent groups, places like Uldaman, Strat, Scholo, Mara and Dire Maul specially were quite a challenge and time consuming.
And then lets not forget. Professions were good back then and when you crafted and item and equipped it felt good because it was an upgrade. You didnt get shoulders to wear to around lvl 17 and headpiece around lvl 25

Couldnt wear plate til lvl 40

Couldnt wear mail til lvl 40
...Don't believe you will be able to kick which will be interesting to see how people will have to deal with each other again.

This.
11/10/2018 05:16 PMPosted by Vormav
What i can recall from vanilla instances is that CC was used everywhere, even in low lv instances. Warriors took a metric ton o damage back then so, having 4-5 mobs on them was out of the question.

Assisting the tank was the only way to avoid a dirtnap and even then, some priests and pallies could still snatch aggro from a warrior with a badly timed heal crit.

I dreaded a lot of instances back then, even with decent groups, places like Uldaman, Strat, Scholo, Mara and Dire Maul specially were quite a challenge and time consuming.

Get raid attuned without 3-4 raiders carrying you through as noone will have raid gear yet. Now that was a real raid worthy test.
I played wow when classic was wow. I have no interest in going back.

Have fun.
11/10/2018 05:23 PMPosted by Pikalegion
I played wow when classic was wow. I have no interest in going back.

Have fun.

Don't worry they will keep the super easy mode current version open for you. You can enjoy yours while we enjoy ours.
Also, Thunderclap had a target limit back then. Three, I think? Druid's Swipe hit five in a frontal cone, and Consecration hit everything but scaled off of spell power because of course it did. Also, taunt was melee range.

Didn't matter too much, but it did mean that if you weren't killing skull then X, you were probably gonna have a bad time.
11/10/2018 05:32 PMPosted by Gaahr
Also, Thunderclap had a target limit back then. Three, I think? Druid's Swipe hit five in a frontal cone, and Consecration hit everything but scaled off of spell power because of course it did. Also, taunt was melee range.

Didn't matter too much, but it did mean that if you weren't killing skull then X, you were probably gonna have a bad time.
Thunderclap was 4 targets, although the most important part is that it was only usable in Battle Stance until 2.0. So it's not really an AOE aggro tool in Vanilla. Swipe was limited to 3 targets until 3.0, I believe.
In classic rogues and hunters pulled mostly not tanks. Hunter would pull run to group tank would taunt and hunter would fd. Same for rogue only with vanish.

Also tanks get ready because if it was true to vanilla only warriors can tank.
11/10/2018 05:43 PMPosted by Vanril
In classic rogues and hunters pulled mostly not tanks. Hunter would pull run to group tank would taunt and hunter would fd. Same for rogue only with vanish.

Also tanks get ready because if it was true to vanilla only warriors can tank.

The day they are going back to has BWL. In that time Pallys could tank a 5 man and so could bears. They could also tank mini bosses . So it would probably be more accurate to say warriors made up about 95% of raid tanks... as in 5 mans others could tank.
11/10/2018 04:45 PMPosted by Cirramaru
Back to "wait for 3 sunders" XD.
i kinda miss sunder

i dont miss classic though (nnooooooo thank you)

True the leader can kick from group. However the person kicked does not get removed from the dungeon instance. The person kicked can just sit at the entrance and hold the rest of the group/instance captive. Remember only 5 people can zone in to most dungeon instances.
11/10/2018 04:32 PMPosted by Amarlly
I wonder how many tanks will get kicked for "not holding aggro" for things the DPS did, like attacking the wrong mob or not giving the tank time to build aggro before opening up their can of whoopa##

None will be kicked because it took 2 hours to find that one, and will take another 2 hours to find another
11/10/2018 05:55 PMPosted by Revlol
11/10/2018 04:32 PMPosted by Amarlly
I wonder how many tanks will get kicked for "not holding aggro" for things the DPS did, like attacking the wrong mob or not giving the tank time to build aggro before opening up their can of whoopa##

None will be kicked because it took 2 hours to find that one, and will take another 2 hours to find another

Nope back then you actually had guilds where people were nice to each other and friendly. It took about 30 seconds in guild chat for a guildy to come save you. I know if I was online farming stuff and you needed someone to finish your 5 man I would come help. And I had healer, tank, and dps max level characters so I could fill whatever you got rid of. Most people in my guild did the same for anyone in guild that needed it.