Classic WoW, Tanking and Healing

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
Dps who pull off the tank in classic will be killed almost instantly. Anyone that is impatient, or plays anything like a BFA pug cannot, and will not make it to lvl 60 in the first place. Those without patience or a decent IQ will not last long.

Also people are real on your server at 60. I mean they are not just shard'ed in NPC's presented to you at the start of the dungeon, who never speak, think, or stop pulling. And will never be seen again.

You have to socialize and form a group with actual people, and communicate to clear a dungeon. A person that is pulling off the tank, or attacking the wrong mob will be punished every-time by wiping the group.

And the team will force him to play correctly or remove him never to be invited again. And that is beauty of classic.
11/12/2018 06:25 PMPosted by Veskr
Dps who pull off the tank in classic will be killed almost instantly. Anyone that is impatient, or plays anything like a BFA pug cannot, and will not make it to lvl 60 in the first place. Those without patience or a decent IQ will not last long.

Also people are real on your server at 60. I mean they are not just shard'ed in NPC's presented to you at the start of the dungeon, who never speak, think, or stop pulling. And will never be seen again.

You have to socialize and form a group with actual people, and communicate to clear a dungeon. A person that is pulling off the tank, or attacking the wrong mob will be punished every-time by wiping the group.

And the team will force him to play correctly or remove him never to be invited again. And that is beauty of classic.

I agree 100% with you, But there still will be !@#$%^-s out there that will do it. Either because they are impatient or just plain bored and want to cause issues
Whats worse than the dps running ahead or trying to tank mobs are the "tunnel vision" tanks in Classic and a lesser extent TBC, these are tanks who just tank 1 mob and then let the other mobs run to the healer, swipe/cleave/tab targeting are things that the tunnel vision tank either doesn't know about or doesn't care about. Paladins with consecrate cover up bad tanks like that and later on Wrath gave all of the tanks cover with aoes like shockwave, thunderclap hitting a unlimited number of mobs and doing a ton of threat etc.

When i play a healer, i will take a good tank any day over a few bad dps, those people will die and learn to play better when they see the repair bill, most of the tunnel vision tanks think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread no matter what...Thats what i remember when the game was live, and one of the reasons i decided to make a tank myself, for the fast groups and to not have to gamble on the tank if a guildy or friend tank wasn't online.
Whats worse than the dps running ahead or trying to tank mobs are the "tunnel vision" tanks, these are tanks who just tank 1 mob and then let the other mobs run to the healer, swipe/cleave/tab targeting are things that the tunnel vision tank either doesn't know about or doesn't care about.
I ran a hunter back then, but I remember the "tunnel vision" tanks very well.

I recall some groups where almost every pull I'd have to pull my pet off skull to off tank a mob chewing on the healer's face. Or using distracting shot to try my best to grab aggro and run a mob back to the tank where he'd HOPEFULLY pick it back up.

Got called a huntard by one or two of those tanks when they realized my pet or I had aggro, but most never even noticed. The healers were nice though.