rsham m+

Shaman
bliz you are either incompetent or don't care about the class.

please let us know which it is. 8.1 is not promising to fix any of the m+ problems m+ rshams are having rn. if you are ok with not having us as an m+ class please come out and say so specifically so i can quit/reroll.
enhance and ele suck also.
Sad part is we had the same issues in Legion with ST healing or just topping people off in M+. R-sham is suffering from too much pruning and altering which didnt really need to happen.

-Their solutions were to:

-break the already great talent tree they had in Legion ( it was pretty solid tbh then for the most part, just needed tweaking for balance )

-prune/nerf the abilities that did make spread healing/M+ possible for Rsham ( AG, huge CBT nerf )

-re-add previously pruned abilities that could have turned out good for tank/m+ healing ( ES ) but they messed up the talent tree more. ES should have been made baseline.

-keep a HUGE Quality of Life thing like Echoes of the Elements as a Talent going into BfA. Everyone in Legion really hated having to chose huge CBT numbers for a better flow in general. Having the ring for both CBT and Echoes was amazing.

I am waiting to see how 8.1 goes before picking up an alt healer for now. I REALLY want my alt ( old main ) to be my resto shaman but it just looks like a mess right now compared to where it was in Legion.
They need to buff/alter the mastery of resto. It is either to low or has an extremely low proc chance.
11/11/2018 08:28 AMPosted by Eracon
Sad part is we had the same issues in Legion with ST healing or just topping people off in M+. R-sham is suffering from too much pruning and altering which didnt really need to happen.

-break the already great talent tree they had in Legion ( it was pretty solid tbh then for the most part, just needed tweaking for balance )

-prune/nerf the abilities that did make spread healing/M+ possible for Rsham ( AG, huge CBT nerf )

-re-add previously pruned abilities that could have turned out good for tank/m+ healing ( ES ) but they messed up the talent tree more. ES should have been made baseline.

-keep a HUGE Quality of Life thing like Echoes of the Elements as a Talent going into BfA. Everyone in Legion really hated having to chose huge CBT numbers for a better flow in general. Having the ring for both CBT and Echoes was amazing.

I am waiting to see how 8.1 goes before picking up an alt healer for now. I REALLY want my alt ( old main ) to be my resto shaman but it just looks like a mess right now compared to where it was in Legion.

I remember this guy supporting the changes to our spec, when the BfA changes were announced I made some lengthy posts criticizing the changes to our talent tree, and you replied to every single one in an attempt to refute said criticism. Oh how the tables have turned, huh? Guess it took you actually seeing it to realize there was an issue. Your suggestions are exactly what I suggested (make ES baseline, don't prune/nerf so many of our abilities like AG/CBT).

11/11/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Madalynn
They need to buff/alter the mastery of resto. It is either to low or has an extremely low proc chance.

Our mastery isn't a proc. It can work okay in M+, barring Grievous (it is literally designed to suck against this affix). The problem with our mastery is mainly in raids: the current damage-healing-pattern is that when people are low, they get healed very quickly in bursts so that they don't die to some other mechanic. This is very counter intuitive to RSham mastery because people spend very little time at low enough HP for it to be effective.
11/13/2018 11:15 AMPosted by Frogwater
11/11/2018 08:28 AMPosted by Eracon

I remember this guy supporting the changes to our spec, when the BfA changes were announced I made some lengthy posts criticizing the changes to our talent tree, and you replied to every single one in an attempt to refute said criticism. Oh how the tables have turned, huh? Guess it took you actually seeing it to realize there was an issue. Your suggestions are exactly what I suggested (make ES baseline, don't prune/nerf so many of our abilities like AG/CBT).

11/11/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Madalynn

Our mastery isn't a proc. It can work okay in M+, barring Grievous (it is literally designed to suck against this affix). The problem with our mastery is mainly in raids: the current damage-healing-pattern is that when people are low, they get healed very quickly in bursts so that they don't die to some other mechanic. This is very counter intuitive to RSham mastery because people spend very little time at low enough HP for it to be effective.

Spam healing low health target for the same amount over and over and over and over would suggest there is some element to our mastery that isnt quite functioning correctly.
Just because you don't know how it works doesn't mean it's broken, and your anecdotal evidence is not proof of such. Where it's a flat buff to healing based on mastery % and health %, you can calculate how much of a heal is boosted by mastery.

If it was broken, you can be assured that the issue would have been noticed already and the issue raised with Blizzard because it's fairly simple to math it out.
11/10/2018 10:25 PMPosted by Afgyc
bliz you are either incompetent or don't care about the class.

please let us know which it is. 8.1 is not promising to fix any of the m+ problems m+ rshams are having rn. if you are ok with not having us as an m+ class please come out and say so specifically so i can quit/reroll.

Post on your shaman so I can judge whether your opinion should have any merit.
From doing tons of +14-16 keys on my disc priest and several lower ones on my shaman this is my assessment of what needs to be done:

1) Group healing throughput: we essentially have to spot heal people to keep them up, even if the nature of the incoming damage is group-wide. The changes to chain heal might alleviate this but it doesn't change the fact that it's still a spell that benefits from being clustered which might not be an option in many situations (specially not when tanks kiting is a common strategy).

2) CD versatility: on my disc priest I can use Rapture as a tank CD or a group CD. I can use barrier as a tank CD or a group CD. And of course, there's Pain Suppression as a tank CD or to shave off incoming damage to DPS for a deadly mechanic (like jagged nettles).
Healing Tide Totem heals for practically nothing in 5-man content and should get an effect similar to the one Divine Hymn has in that it increases its effectiveness in 5-man content. In this sense our only throughput CD is Ascendance, which we have to talent into. Spirit Link Totem can be used as a tank CD or group CD to deal with unsustainable damage but it requires clustering, it is short in duration, is often better when paired with tide or ascendance, and it's counterintuitive in some affixes such as grievous.

As this point, without the expectation of reworks, massive talent changes, or addition of new abilities, the easiest solution is to go the Mistweaver route and simply makes us able to outheal literally anything.