Chose sides in 8.1 will destroy the Horde

Story Forum
"Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - For the Horde!"

This is the oath that every member of the Horde makes upon entering the faction. From the point of view of honor and loyalty Blizzard is exposing me to an impossible choice. If I choose Sylvannas I will lose my honor, since she fights in an abject way. If I remain on the side of Saurfang, I will betray my sacred oath, and I will also lose my honor and be an outcast unable to keep a sacred oath.

The only way this quest makes sense is if Blizzard let us the opportunity to have a chainquest where we can challenge Sylvannas to mak'gora.

Even if I were defeated and probably would be, this would be the only way in accordance with the Horde code of my character to preserve some honor. I do not want to pratice a plot, I do not want to be a pawn in the hands of Anduin, I want as an orc to make a decision that makes me worthy to use the Horde banner. I'm not in a game of Game of Thrones, where the narrative is to arm state coups 4 times a day, I'm in warcraft, and honor is everything in the life of an orc, without it no matter if I'm on the wrong side or right. Even because if I could have chosen before my character would have died long ago with Nazgrim in MOP.
To be honest, the Warchief position is in dire need of a means of deposing a violent dictator that doesn't involve one on one combat to the death.

That isn't even a good system of governance for a small tribe, let alone a world superpower.
11/11/2018 08:45 PMPosted by Kisin
To be honest, the Warchief position is in dire need of a means of deposing a violent dictator that doesn't involve one on one combat to the death.

That isn't even a good system of governance for a small tribe, let alone a world superpower.

At least it isn't hereditary.

I mean, it basically happened with the Ottoman Empire until they started to just pre-emptively murder all other claimants every succession.
11/11/2018 07:34 PMPosted by Akhinos
"Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

This is the oath that every member of the Horde makes upon entering the faction. From the point of view of honor and loyalty Blizzard is exposing me to an impossible choice. If I choose Sylvannas I will lose my honor, since she fights in an abject way. If I remain on the side of Saurfang, I will betray my sacred oath, and I will also lose my honor and be an outcast unable to keep a sacred oath.

The only way this quest makes sense is if Blizzard let us the opportunity to have a chainquest where we can challenge Sylvannas to mak'gora.

Even if I were defeated and probably would be, this would be the only way in accordance with the Horde code of my character to preserve some honor. I do not want to pratice a plot, I do not want to be a pawn in the hands of Anduin, I want as an orc to make a decision that makes me worthy to use the Horde banner. I'm not in a game of Game of Thrones, where the narrative is to arm state coups 4 times a day, I'm in warcraft, and honor is everything in the life of an orc, without it no matter if I'm on the wrong side or right. Even because if I could have chosen before my character would have died long ago with Nazgrim in MOP.
You already broke your oath in mop bro.
11/11/2018 08:57 PMPosted by Katiera

You already broke your oath in mop bro.

Well he's a Mag'har Orc so no, he wasn't there.
You have no idea what I'd kill for the chance to make choices on the alliance side. Be freaking happy Hordies you actually have an option
Ah, yes. Being forced to choose between two utterly terrible options that are both basically the end of the faction.

Love that sweet, sweet bias.
Alliance plays a MMO.

Horde plays a MMORPG. Be thankful for those story choices.
The Horde should have instituted something major even if just mentioned in a book or short story, to guard against crazy or extreme Warchiefs, after what happened with Garrosh.

We already 'broke' it once, 'breaking'it again against a warchief that is worse seems like a very easy choice to me.
11/12/2018 07:44 AMPosted by Akharg
The Horde should have instituted something major even if just mentioned in a book or short story, to guard against crazy or extreme Warchiefs, after what happened with Garrosh.

We already 'broke' it once, 'breaking'it again against a warchief that is worse seems like a very easy choice to me.

The protection against a warchief that doesn't have the best intentions of the Horde at heart is a bloody and violent coup.

It ain't called warchief for show.

Joking aside, it is pretty stupid that the warchief is still able to do something like this unilaterally. Especially after Garrosh.

Hell after Blackhand the orcs should have thought better than to have a single person as the end all be all for the entire Horde.
11/12/2018 07:29 AMPosted by Losimar
You have no idea what I'd kill for the chance to make choices on the alliance side. Be freaking happy Hordies you actually have an option

I'm extremely happy for the choices. I hope they implement more of this for both the Alliance and Horde players down the line.

I just watched a PTR demo were you get a choice to kill Sira or nah, which was puzzling. I mean we have wreaked the Night Elves now we're clear cutting and desecrating their ancestral homeland and you want me to have a choice in killing Sira. HAHAHA!
11/12/2018 07:59 AMPosted by Deathisfinal

I'm extremely happy for the choices. I hope they implement more of this for both the Alliance and Horde players down the line.

I just watched a PTR demo were you get a choice to kill Sira or nah, which was puzzling. I mean we have wreaked the Night Elves now we're clear cutting and desecrating their ancestral homeland and you want me to have a choice in killing Sira. HAHAHA!

If you finished Nazmir and you kill it, she should logically be unrezzable. Bwonsamdi will have her soul, and he's disinclined to part with what's his.

That will be my canonical reason for killing her myself, and Kirango will be incredulous and pissed that the Val'kyr are able to steal from Bwonsamdi.
/salutes Akhinos with a single tear dripping from eye
11/11/2018 08:48 PMPosted by Darethy

At least it isn't hereditary.

A fair point, but then again the Horde Warchief was hand picked by "the spirits" which has proven to be as reliable a system as watery tarts distributing swords.
11/12/2018 07:51 AMPosted by Daiza
11/12/2018 07:44 AMPosted by Akharg

The protection against a warchief that doesn't have the best intentions of the Horde at heart is a bloody and violent coup.

It ain't called warchief for show.

Joking aside, it is pretty stupid that the warchief is still able to do something like this unilaterally. Especially after Garrosh.

Hell after Blackhand the orcs should have thought better than to have a single person as the end all be all for the entire Horde.

Reminder: Saurfang was also down to invade Ashenvale

I dunno man, I don't remember making that oath. I'm just here for those buff cow-men. I mean... have you SEEN the size of their... er... horns?
I find myself having trouble even caring. I mean, we are being given a choice between being the villains and helping our enemies win. Such joy!

You know, if this expansion had been about making Jaina an evil villain, having a choice to oppose her would not have done much to stem the outrage.
To be fair, I reckon the Alliance could potentially get a cool choice between siding with the Night elves (Tyrande) on how they should rebel the Horde vs the Humans (Anduin) way of doing it. Only difference is, it would be way more interesting than this rehash MOP exp the horde is getting at the moment. That being said, it's still kinda obvious Sylvanas will be replaced from being a warchief by the end of BFA regardless of the choice.