Survival should be a dual wield spec

Hunter
11/13/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Nemesîs
11/13/2018 04:53 AMPosted by Whim
...They did make swords just for hunting, and currently knives get as much use on hogs as spears do. Also why attack him on mechanics? That seems to be reaching a bit.

Equipped with thick, razor-sharp tusks, and a razor-sharp mind (hogs are the 4th most intelligent animal in the world) a wild boar can weigh a staggering 660 lbs and exhibit extremely aggressive and unpredictable behaviour. Go hunt a wild boar with a knife, I'll speak at your funeral.

When hunting boars people couldn't even use regular spears cause the damn monster would run up the spear and kill you. They had to make special spears with side-blades so the thing would get stuck on the spear. The idea of hunting that thing with a knife is kinda silly, scary even.
when you have a dual wield alt that takes 2 months to get a 370 off-hand you'll appreciate being a 2h spec.
11/14/2018 03:29 AMPosted by Yura
when you have a dual wield alt that takes 2 months to get a 370 off-hand you'll appreciate being a 2h spec.

So how do other dual wield classes, like shamans and rogues, handle the difficulty of getting two good main weapons?
11/13/2018 09:58 PMPosted by Grunthax
I don't think reality is the best place to look as a reference for a game where we tame magical creatures and can fly.
Perhaps you should aim that at the other person and not me.

Let's ask a more basic question: why can hunters STILL dual-wield (since vanilla) if the devs had not wanted some form of dual wielding for hunters all along?
RP and machiniama

Why were 2H swords and 2H maces not put in?
There are 2h swords and axes with Agi out there. The thing is though Monks and Druids need agility 2 two and then it becomes a conversation about shared loot.
11/13/2018 10:36 PMPosted by Orangesilk
When hunting boars people couldn't even use regular spears cause the damn monster would run up the spear and kill you. They had to make special spears with side-blades so the thing would get stuck on the spear.
That happened with humans in war too.

11/13/2018 10:36 PMPosted by Orangesilk
The idea of hunting that thing with a knife is kinda silly, scary even.
Dogs have them pinned down when it happens. It's actually more dangerous to take them alive. Discovery Channel used to show both when Hog Hunting was a TV thing.
How can it dual wield if 90% of the attacks are ranged?
11/14/2018 08:38 AMPosted by Cerus
How can it dual wield if 90% of the attacks are ranged?

A gun on each hand!

Make Survival the Fury Warrior of ranged specs!
Try Classic Server when it comes out. You can dual wield or use two-handers depending on situation.
11/13/2018 03:03 AMPosted by Chiptheripa
11/12/2018 11:09 PMPosted by Revín
Survival should be a ranged spec with some melee capabilities like in Vanilla... ahhhh 1.2... the good ol' days...

It is.. it has 1 melee ability. Mongoose bite. Almost all the abilities are ranged... SERP sting, bombs, kill command, traps, stun, Harpoon.. hell even mongoose is ranged every 1.5 minutes lol

You obviously didn't play in vanilla. Survival is hardly ranged. It's a melee spec now and it is DUMB.
11/14/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Wyn
Try Classic Server when it comes out. You can dual wield or use two-handers depending on situation.

In PvP I always enjoyed the dual wielders. I would just step inside the dead zone and beat them down with my giant crab stick (Barb of the Sandreaver). So much fun!
11/14/2018 09:02 PMPosted by Revín
11/14/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Wyn

In PvP I always enjoyed the dual wielders. I would just step inside the dead zone and beat them down with my giant crab stick (Barb of the Sandreaver). So much fun!

I'm really not looking forward to the dead zone again, and needing to make my own ammo.

From this thread it can easily be seen that there are people for both sides (dual wield and 2H) and also from shamans spells we can see that an ability can cater for any sort of melee weapon that you have equipped. So maybe we can have both? The devs would need to remove the 2h only restriction from the Survival spell requirements.

The issue: how do we get the devs' attention?
11/14/2018 09:33 PMPosted by Grunthax
11/14/2018 09:02 PMPosted by Revín

I'm really not looking forward to the dead zone again, and needing to make my own ammo.

From this thread it can easily be seen that there are people for both sides (dual wield and 2H) and also from shamans spells we can see that an ability can cater for any sort of melee weapon that you have equipped. So maybe we can have both? The devs would need to remove the 2h only restriction from the Survival spell requirements.

Add the word "demon" in front of your class's name.
11/14/2018 09:39 PMPosted by Curzè

Add the word "demon" in front of your class's name.

I think Enh Demon Shaman buffs are not going to do anything and might even turn into a dps loss as they have lost a big chunk of their maelstrom generation.

Am I doing it right?
Post in forums actually read by Blues and Twitter seem to be the second best way, having a large following on Twitch and Youtube is the best.
We don't have passive or ability for double swings like F DK. Maybe later in the future.