BfA "has nothing to do"

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
This gets thrown around a lot, and I find myself in agreement. However, it's not that the content is not in the game. It's just that none of it has hardly any rewards and/or is not engaging to do. Raiding is pretty good I think, and I've liked doing Uldir. Everything else though?

Islands - Not only are they massively boring to me, but they hardly have any rewards. AP doesn't really matter (and you get so little of it anyway). I mean the cosmetics and what not are kinda cool I guess? But the drop rate still doesn't seem so great, and the islands are still super boring. Lack of reward & engagement.

Warfronts - Quite rewarding from a gear perspective, but prettttty boring. Excuse me while I just sit over here and chop wood for 20 minutes. Someone has to do this, it is actually impossible to progress the Warfront without farming the resources. I wish the mobs would drop resources to make the fighting matter more. Lack of engagement.

World Quests - Become irrelevant too quickly. And many of the quests feel designed with no other purpose but to take time. Any world quest that's not killing a rare mob almost always takes a good bit of time. I think Emissaries rewards feel in a good spot after the buff, but World Quests in general? Not so much. Lack of engagement, and kinda meh on reward.

Mythic Plus - I'm not sure if lack of engagement is right for this, but I think Mythic plus design is incredibly frustrating for the "average" player. I won't say I didn't enjoy watching the MDI at Blizzcon, but I have had a real hard time enjoying M+ in BfA. I think it's mostly trash design and how long it takes to clear trash on fortified weeks? Also mobs that have super annoying abilities like the Shipbreaker dude in Shrine of the Storm. Let's just LOS this every 5 seconds after it finishes casting, that's fun! The gear is fine, but I think it's more frustrating than fun with many affixes for your normal player.

AP - Azerite has not felt great, I think farming AP feels even worse. The system might be better in 8.1, but I think the process of getting AP will still feel awful. The weekly cache gives you like 3% of a level, the weekly islands give you like 8% of a level. Then you're stuck grinding world quests all week just to maybe barely get a level up. And what does that level up give you? Probably nothing! Yay! Lack of engagement & reward.

Farmable Reward - Despite all that there's also another problem. There's nothing in BfA that's farmable that feels rewarding. I'm going to go to the Legion 7.3.5 Legendary system here. Yes, Legendaries had a lot of problems, but the ending version of the system was pretty damn good. Basically everything I did in the game gave me currency that contributed toward a legendary. Whether that was main spec, off spec, or even for an alt character. Even if I got no gear, no mounts, no transmog, even when AP didn't mean much anymore, I could still get this currency that allowed me to progress toward something cool. I think the game desperately needs something like this back, so that even if I don't get anything else I at least have something measures my progress toward some reward.
level an allied race and get heritage armor to make them all jelly.im almost exalted with zandalar on my main.so ill be ready for zandalari trolls in 8.1.i mite lvl a zandalari troll monk for the heritage armor.

thats all im doing in bfa allied races.
All I do is run uldir on my 4 characters. It's shown me that ret paladins are garbage, so there's that.
11/12/2018 03:20 PMPosted by Locgar
level an allied race and get heritage armor to make them all jelly.im almost exalted with zandalar on my main.so ill be ready for zandalari trolls in 8.1.i mite lvl a zandalari troll monk for the heritage armor.

This guy gets it.

Every expansion is boring after a few months, doing the same thing over again was never fun and that's been the design since vanilla.

Leveling different alts, in different zones/factions/specs is fun to me however.
Raiding is the only part of the endgame that isn't fully broken at moment, and raiding is not nearly as rewarding (nothing unique to raiding except for trinkets, which are underpowered at moment) as it should be.

M+ is not fun - sooooo much trash followed by fairly lulzy bosses.

WQs are chores.

Islands are chores for mains.

Warfronts are chores for alts.
11/12/2018 03:17 PMPosted by Varrow
Warfronts - Quite rewarding from a gear perspective, but prettttty boring. Excuse me while I just sit over here and chop wood for 20 minutes. Lack of engagement.

There are many things to do in warfronts.
1. gather wood
2. gather iron
3. help in taking control of the various capture points
4. help in defending those capture points when the enemy tries to take them back.
5. the occasional wandering boss that pops up
6. defeat the final boss.

If you choose to do nothing but gather wood for 20 min, then that's on you.
I do pet battles a lot now
It's always a back and forth between "rewards for an activity" and "forced to grind an activity."

Just like in the same breath we want stats and traits to be "balanced" but also for their to be "meaningful choices" in our selection.
11/12/2018 03:24 PMPosted by Tentaclatrix
Every expansion is boring after a few months, doing the same thing over again was never fun and that's been the design since vanilla

It hasn't always been like this. Professions weren't always a total waste of time like they are now, gathering wasn't always made extra difficult because of no flying and level scaling.

I've levelled 3 Void Elves, I have no interest in any of the other allied races or suffering through what constitutes levelling now. I already have a massive fleet of alts on various servers from countering boredom in previous expansions, WoD in particular.
11/12/2018 03:26 PMPosted by Aarschott
There are many things to do in warfronts.

*coughs up drink*
Ya I've beem leveling alts, got 5 at 120 now and 2 others at 110 with thoughts of making another alt when I unlock Nightborne. I've been doing alot of Legion stuff mainly class mounts on each character I've done dk, rogue, monk, warlock, and hunter so far. Waiting for 8.1 to come out to race change my druid to Zandalari, the dh is the other one at 110. Thinking about making a warrior, probably going to make it Nightborne when I finish the rep grind. Been running old raids for wardrobe sets and mounts. I raid with the guild we are progressing on mythic uldir, doing normal/heroic on the alts when we have off nights. I've been pretty busy with stuff to do. I quit around Cata and came back about 2 months before the expac, so for me theres lots of stuff to catch up on.

But I agree with you on WQ's I do the emissaries and ones for war resources. But I've got to like force myself to do them they're such a drag. And IA's are sooo boring. The rewards are so minimal it doesn't even seem like the azerite bar is moving, I'll get like a battle pet after 20 runs, still haven't seen a transmog. Everyone tells me they're really good for leveling alts but when I do an alt I just do the storyline quest grind cause it's what I know.
Every expansion is boring after a few months, doing the same thing over again was never fun and that's been the design since vanilla.

Yeah but I can't think of a lot of expansions where that happened inside the first three weeks.
11/12/2018 03:20 PMPosted by Locgar

This guy gets it.

Leveling different alts, in different zones/factions/specs is fun to me however.

Not at all. People were still doing Legion world quests throughout the expansion, lots of them. And they still are.

It may not have been what you considered "fun". Maybe you don't like very much of the game. But lots of people are still doing those quests, because they're way more fun than BfA.

I don't consider a new race, along with a 100+ hour requirement to level in old zones and then endlessly rerun BfA world quests yet again, easily the worst content in the entire game, to be "content".
Craft system too = "meh "
That's another good point. I've spent most of my BFA time dicking around in Broken Isles because even 10 levels and almost 200 ilvl too high it's still more fun content.
I'll just say Ive never started farming old content this early into a new xpac.

There have been too many nights where I can either play WoW late or go to bed & half the time I just go to bed cuz I have no clue what to do in WoW.
I wouldn't know. I'm like 12 expansions behind.
There’s plenty to do, but none of it leads to anything. Unless, of course, you like doing WQ by yourself all day.
11/12/2018 03:17 PMPosted by Varrow

Farmable Reward - Despite all that there's also another problem. There's nothing in BfA that's farmable that feels rewarding. I'm going to go to the Legion 7.3.5 Legendary system here. Yes, Legendaries had a lot of problems, but the ending version of the system was pretty damn good. Basically everything I did in the game gave me currency that contributed toward a legendary. Whether that was main spec, off spec, or even for an alt character. Even if I got no gear, no mounts, no transmog, even when AP didn't mean much anymore, I could still get this currency that allowed me to progress toward something cool. I think the game desperately needs something like this back, so that even if I don't get anything else I at least have something measures my progress toward some reward.

There's nothing I can set a goal towards. Something with a starting point and a ending point. I have to get lucky RNG wise to get it. Meanwhile, someone who doesn't even know what I'm trying to get exists and gets what I'm trying to get. It doesn't feel rewarding to me.

Farming Anchorweed is one thing I can set a goal for that I can reach. Too bad I can't fly, that would actually be something to do!
Ya I'm really disappointed with how they did professions, I've got engineering and back in wrath it was like something great to have but now its worthless aside from nice to have repair bots, mailbox, stuff like that. At least I heard we can get a battle rez in the new patch.