BfA "has nothing to do"

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
I do not have this problem. I did in Legion to some extent because so much was gated behind dungeons and raids - namely professions and class hall quests - that I couldn't progress my alts as much as I wanted.

In BfA, on the other hand, I'm not experiencing those same roadblocks so I'm in the position of having too much to do on all of my alts. It's great! I have my share of complaints, but lack of things to do isn't one of 'em.
11/12/2018 03:22 PMPosted by Daxter
All I do is run uldir on my 4 characters. It's shown me that ret paladins are garbage, so there's that.

Imagine not being able to play ret properly
All you have is raiding and M+. Like Legion.
Raiding is the only thing left...

Mythic plus is completely unrewarding. I almost didn't do an 11 this week because the only hope of useful gear is a weekly chest that hasn't dropped anything useful in a month. The only reason I did one was so I'd have a key for next week.

It says something when the only reason to do mythic plus is to preserve a future chance to get another chance to get something that might be an upgrade. It sometimes feels like I'd be better off wasting that 40 minutes at an actual slot machine.
11/13/2018 01:26 AMPosted by Argorwal
A lot of people are unhappy that you actually have to do mechanics in mythic+ now.

Single targeting AOE packs because mechanics is not interesting.
i feel like whats really missing from wow are ways to progress your character outside of raids/dungeons.

there are no crafting goals, no ability goals, nothing that i see that makes me think 'man i wanna get that'.

i miss having things i wanted that i could grind for. also, enough with the RNG rewards.
I've been logging on almost exclusively for my raid nights (four nights per week, on two different toons) for awhile now.

I don't feel motivated to do anything other than that, and occasionally turn in some emissaries so that I can get exalted with all the factions and be able to unlock the allied races as they're made available.

Occasionally I'll do something else like run an old raid or two for some xmog or mounts/pets, but even that feels like a chore after awhile. Likewise for leveling and gearing alts.

Honestly, I feel like a big part of why I'm still hanging around is because I enjoy the brief spurts of excitement that come with each new raid tier, and getting the best gear I can for my raiding toons.
There has never been enough content to carry the game from patch to patch. It gets laid out before us and we play it until you run out of stuff to do then repeat it on another character.

If you're really looking for something to do try things you normally would not. Give it a whirl, pet battles, world pvp, battle grounds, dungeons, raiding, arena, anything you can possible think of. Give it an honest to goodness try. You might actually enjoy the new something given enough time to over come the uncomfortable change part. I've found quite a few things I initially did not like that were not so bad after all.

A few things off the top of my head that I didn't like at all and once got over the hump found it was entertaining. Mage class for one. I wanted Zoa and had to learn pet battles, then beat the tournament. Funny story at first I went in with 3 level 25 pets, "Ok lets beat this thing..." LOL HELLO!! It's not that simple at all I found out. OH... Back to the drawing board but I beat it enough times to get two pets. It goes on and on.
11/12/2018 03:24 PMPosted by Drkenypowers
Raiding is the only part of the endgame that isn't fully broken at moment, and raiding is not nearly as rewarding (nothing unique to raiding except for trinkets, which are underpowered at moment) as it should be.

M+ is not fun - sooooo much trash followed by fairly lulzy bosses.

WQs are chores.

Islands are chores for mains.

Warfronts are chores for alts.

There are unique Azerite pieces with unique combos of traits. Many of which are BIS for pve. It also is the only way to get item level capped weapons other than being a gladiator.(Of which there are FAR less people doing than Mythic raiding.)
level an allied race and get heritage armor to make them all jelly.im almost exalted with zandalar on my main.so ill be ready for zandalari trolls in 8.1.i mite lvl a zandalari troll monk for the heritage armor.

And end up with armor that looks exactly the same as all the others who did the same thing?
11/13/2018 06:48 AMPosted by Fugubar
level an allied race and get heritage armor to make them all jelly.im almost exalted with zandalar on my main.so ill be ready for zandalari trolls in 8.1.i mite lvl a zandalari troll monk for the heritage armor.

And end up with armor that looks exactly the same as all the others who did the same thing?

Unless you are maghar since they get different tints of their armor.
11/12/2018 03:26 PMPosted by Aarschott
11/12/2018 03:17 PMPosted by Varrow
Warfronts - Quite rewarding from a gear perspective, but prettttty boring. Excuse me while I just sit over here and chop wood for 20 minutes. Lack of engagement.

There are many things to do in warfronts.
1. gather wood
2. gather iron
3. help in taking control of the various capture points
4. help in defending those capture points when the enemy tries to take them back.
5. the occasional wandering boss that pops up
6. defeat the final boss.

My sequence:
1. Gather wood, 1-2 batches until the trees are gone. (The lumber piles don't give enough to be worth the time.
2. Gather 2 batches of iron, until the demolishers have been completed.
3. Help out at circle if anyone's doing it.
4. Cap iron at 200, head for Newstead and buy a kodo.
5. Trample enemies and buff allies on the kodo, go grab a second one if the first expires.
6. Collect loot.

Since all my alts have 340 warfront gear now, I only do it once on each of 3 characters for the 370 quest. No point in repeating it beyond that.
11/12/2018 03:26 PMPosted by Aarschott

There are many things to do in warfronts.
1. gather wood
2. gather iron
3. help in taking control of the various capture points
4. help in defending those capture points when the enemy tries to take them back.
5. the occasional wandering boss that pops up
6. defeat the final boss.

My sequence:
1. Gather wood, 1-2 batches until the trees are gone. (The lumber piles don't give enough to be worth the time.
2. Gather 2 batches of iron, until the demolishers have been completed.
3. Help out at circle if anyone's doing it.
4. Cap iron at 200, head for Newstead and buy a kodo.
5. Trample enemies and buff allies on the kodo, go grab a second one if the first expires.
6. Collect loot.

Since all my alts have 340 warfront gear now, I only do it once on each of 3 characters for the 370 quest. No point in repeating it beyond that.

Unless you are farming the transmog. Which I am for all armor types. I was probably the first person to get full tier 3 plate.(6 120 plate too so to farm all the tier 3 pieces.)
Every expansion hits this point. However, I don't know if it's GCD or something, but just playing the classes is boring now. In Legion, I would do old content because my class was fun to play.

I still think Demon Hunter movement play style is pretty fun compared to my other main (DK), but the rotation is a bit too easy.
There is a lot to do. There is always lots to do. The problem is that there is nothing I want to do. My sub has already been cancelled that is how bad things are.
11/13/2018 07:04 AMPosted by Raidén
The problem is that there is nothing I want to do.

This is more what I was getting at in my OP, that perhaps I didn't communicate as well as I could. There is plenty to do, just most of it doesn't feel worth doing. That shouldn't happen 2.5 months into an expansion.
Islands - Not only are they massively boring to me, but they hardly have any rewards. AP doesn't really matter (and you get so little of it anyway). I mean the cosmetics and what not are kinda cool I guess? But the drop rate still doesn't seem so great, and the islands are still super boring. Lack of reward & engagement.

Islands are a big source of AP from the weekly completion. As for cosmetics and pets and etc, those you get from farming specific mob types on the islands. If you're just aiming for AP and not those, then yeah you'll be lacking in rewards, and even then that's up to RNG. I agree islands could be better, but the rewards are there.

Warfronts - Quite rewarding from a gear perspective, but prettttty boring. Excuse me while I just sit over here and chop wood for 20 minutes. Lack of engagement.

Engagement is what you make of it. You choose to sit there and chop wood, of course it's pretty boring. Go out there, explore and hit the various bases with your teammates.

World Quests - Become irrelevant too quickly. And many of the quests feel designed with no other purpose but to take time. Any world quest that's not killing a rare mob almost always takes a good bit of time. I think Emissaries rewards feel in a good spot after the buff, but World Quests in general? Not so much. Lack of engagement, and kinda meh on reward.

WQs help you get some gear when you hit 120, after that they're mostly for rep to unlock Allied Races or if you're actively grinding resources, gold and AP.

I'm gonna stop here though because everything is due to "lack of engagement", and again, engagement is what you make of it. It sounds more like you're bored with everything.
11/13/2018 07:04 AMPosted by Raidén
There is a lot to do. There is always lots to do. The problem is that there is nothing I want to do. My sub has already been cancelled that is how bad things are.
I'm the exact opposite. I have too much (of stuff I like) to do.

Thanks to a great guild, i always feel engaged in this game. Running IEs, dungeons, chasing secrets, etc... is a lot of fun for me.

I haven't touched on M+ or raiding yet, looking forward to that!
As for WQs, the progress bar quests I really find annoying.

In Warlords (the bonus objectives), the % per kill was quite low thus it took a while to complete.

In Legion, the % per kill was increased quite a bit so it sped things up.

However, in BFA, the % is back to Warlords-esque values making them a slog to complete. Add to that the removal of the quick find group ability, and they're really annoying.
You choose to sit there and chop wood, of course it's pretty boring. Go out there, explore and hit the various bases with your teammates.

I mean, someone has to chop wood and mine. You can't progress the Warfront without it. If no one is doing it, it makes the warfront take forever. The fighting hardly matters until all the resources are done. IF all the mobs would drop resources also? I think that would be good, and taking your spoils back to base to enhance it is all fine and dandy too.

Islands are a big source of AP from the weekly completion

The entire exercise gives you ~10% of your level, I'm not sure if that qualifies as big. I'm also not sold on just aoeing down mobs constantly, the gameplay just isn't there for islands. The problem is far more with how islands play, imo, than with what they reward.