BfA "has nothing to do"

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
1.) Island expeditions and warfronts are a complete joke and waste of time, please for the love of Christ stop defending them fanboys and fangirls. Stop telling people they're wrong when theres like 2 people saying they're ok, and everyone else saying they suck

2.) We used to have to stress artifact power to empower our weapons and the satisfaction of feeling like our toons were getting stronger. Outside of tanks, no one cares about the third and 4th tier that take incredible too much time to unlock. Five item levels for the amount of time and effort is not worth it to the point that honestly 99% don't care. Clearly a problem if something takes so long to accomplish that no one cares enough to even try.

3.) Mythic pluses are completely unreasonable right now. A ten should not be so complicated that you can't at least 1 chest it with some pugs without having to use some damn io score website / addon BS. I blame Blizz for trying to get into the whole esports world bull crap.

4.) I've played since the beginning of BC, and i have never seen the dev's take so long to make needed class changes. Remember how Blizz pumped everyone up over demo lock? Yeah... that's working out great..../sarcasm

5.) Just because something can be done, if it's not worth doing versus the time and stress required, people will find other things to do. People complain because they care, not because they are whiny.
11/13/2018 08:15 AMPosted by Quieren
People complain because they care, not because they are whiny.

There are certainly nonconstructive posts, but I do not believe my post is one of those. I'm trying to lay out why I'm not finding the game fun right now, not just complain for no reason. I don't want to quit WoW, but there needs to be changes if I'm going to stay subbed. I'm just trying to explain what I don't like in a good manner.
The content they made in BfA get you to ilevel 370 reasonably well, with different content in there for different reasons.

But once you hit the higher ilevels, there is very little to do and you also start to hit a no-voice, PuG wall in mythic+. This toon I login to only once a week to push a mythic+7 and I'm done - it is next to impossible to get gear as a drop (hasn't happened in the last 50 mythic+ ive run?) so my only shot is the weekly cache. There is no value to going +8 (literally no ilevel upgrade in rewards) and +9 feels unreachable to me.

And there is no real value to me logging in to tank anything less than a +7. I will do it only when guildies ask me, and that's pretty rare. So that's a lot of mythic+ players in +2 to +6 that I don't help due to lack of rewards for me. Just the reality of it. If there was some sort of currency that I could build up and use to buy gear... I'd play A LOT MORE. I believe it's coming, so might as well wait for it and not play imo.

Used to have more to do in Legion, but honestly it was the mission boards. Taking those out of the game was a bad decision.
11/13/2018 09:13 AMPosted by Varrow
11/13/2018 08:15 AMPosted by Quieren
People complain because they care, not because they are whiny.

There are certainly nonconstructive posts, but I do not believe my post is one of those. I'm trying to lay out why I'm not finding the game fun right now, not just complain for no reason. I don't want to quit WoW, but there needs to be changes if I'm going to stay subbed. I'm just trying to explain what I don't like in a good manner.

I'm agreeing with you and supporting your right with my comment. I also almost unsubbed this month and plan on letting my account run out this time as I haven't logged on to do anything but raid in the last month. No reason to pay for something I'm not using. I thankfully have taken in running and plan on doing my first half marathon this coming summer and being more constructive with real world life goals
11/12/2018 03:17 PMPosted by Varrow
However, it's not that the content is not in the game. It's just that none of it has hardly any rewards and/or is not engaging to do.

"Engaging" is different for every player. You like raiding. I like gold-making.

But I agree with your main idea: every player plays ONLY 5% to 20% of the content, and never touches the rest. But every player is different, so 100% of the content gets used by tens of thousands of players, or more.

As for "rewards", that part makes no sense. It's a game. You play it to have fun. If you are only playing for "reward", you're probably doing stuff you don't enjoy.

Forget the rewards. Stop and think about what things you enjoy doing. Do'em.
11 min ago

However, it's not that the content is not in the game. It's just that none of it has hardly any rewards and/or is not engaging to do.

"Engaging" is different for every player. You like raiding. I like gold-making.

But I agree with your main idea: every player plays ONLY 5% to 20% of the content, and never touches the rest. But every player is different, so 100% of the content gets used by tens of thousands of players, or more.

Hmmm, I'm not sure I agree. One of the primary factors of any RPG experience is player progression. Fun is obviously very important as well, but rewards/gear/power all still matter too.

It doesn't always have to be gear or direct player power. Look at gold in Legion, The Legendary Currency was still engaging even when you had them all on your main and were only earning them for random alts. Resources were overly lucrative in mission tables in Legion, but they were rewarding. BfA just doesn't have that grab right now. IMO
To be fair, this happens every expansion. Players level up their mains, maybe an alt, and eventually hit a wall. I am almost always playing a steam/PS game or touristing another MMO when patch XX.1 comes out, and I usually come back when a patch adds new max-level zones and quest/rep hubs. (I don't like raids.)

BTW, the best thing about Blizzcon is I got introduced to Path of Exile on Steam.
11/13/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Moonzy
To be fair, this happens every expansion. Players level up their mains, maybe an alt, and eventually hit a wall.

Not only after a month of an expansion release. I've played all the expansions at release and this by far is the worst. It literally feels like they sold us an uncompleted expansion and walked away laughing and counting the money.
11/13/2018 12:34 PMPosted by Quieren
It literally feels like they sold us an uncompleted expansion and walked away laughing and counting the money.

Well in a way they did. many many people bought the expansion prior to it even being out.
<span class="truncated">...</span>
This guy gets it.

Every expansion is boring after a few months, doing the same thing over again was never fun and that's been the design since vanilla.

Leveling different alts, in different zones/factions/specs is fun to me however.

Not at all. People were still doing Legion world quests throughout the expansion, lots of them. And they still are.

It may not have been what you considered "fun". Maybe you don't like very much of the game. But lots of people are still doing those quests, because they're way more fun than BfA.

I don't consider a new race, along with a 100+ hour requirement to level in old zones and then endlessly rerun BfA world quests yet again, easily the worst content in the entire game, to be "content".

(added emphasis) Agree with you JBT and you're right... it isn't BfA content, for sure. I further don't recall any prior WoW expac so dependent on prior content to fluff itself. Is WoW on maintenance mode now?
It's just that none of it has hardly any rewards and/or is not engaging to do.

Part of it is this, but the biggest part is the class design for me. It's like they took the best parts of Legion classes and took them away or nerfed them. Legion wasn't a perfect expansion but it felt like a breath of fresh air coming from WoD. Just seems like they stepped backward with BfA.
11/13/2018 12:39 PMPosted by Swordfísh
11/13/2018 12:34 PMPosted by Quieren
It literally feels like they sold us an uncompleted expansion and walked away laughing and counting the money.

Well in a way they did. many many people bought the expansion prior to it even being out.

Right....... but many game have pre-launch sales, doesn't mean they sell the unfinished product
11/13/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Xoja
It's just that none of it has hardly any rewards and/or is not engaging to do.

Part of it is this, but the biggest part is the class design for me. It's like they took the best parts of Legion classes and took them away or nerfed them. Legion wasn't a perfect expansion but it felt like a breath of fresh air coming from WoD. Just seems like they stepped backward with BfA.

That's because in Legion your artifact weapon got the abilities and talents you didn't. In reality, your character did not progress at all from WoD other than to gain 10 levels. Removing the artifact and replacing it with half-baked overlapping talent options and/or weak base abilities, has not compensated for this and even worse, you get no new abilities or talents at all.

So at 120 you are the same toon you were at 100. Can't blame you for feeling underwhelmed.

That, coupled with the even worse pruning (for cripe's sake why didn't they leave character builds alone after MoP?) and yeah, your character has had no progression for two expacs and has fewer abilities than it had three expansions ago.

SMH
11/12/2018 03:26 PMPosted by Aarschott
Warfronts - Quite rewarding from a gear perspective, but prettttty boring. Excuse me while I just sit over here and chop wood for 20 minutes. Lack of engagement.

There are many things to do in warfronts.
1. gather wood
2. gather iron
3. help in taking control of the various capture points
4. help in defending those capture points when the enemy tries to take them back.
5. the occasional wandering boss that pops up
6. defeat the final boss.

If you choose to do nothing but gather wood for 20 min, then that's on you.

this might be a good point if people were actually pitted against a enemy team of actual players, things would actually matter in the warfront event, but you aren't, you're pitted against so called "advanced" AI NPC's, which are dumb as a box of rocks.
warfront's in their current form are extremely boring. they run pretty much like this:
1. get control of your base
2. get control of the mine and the lumberyard - defend and gather resources.
3. get control of the middle objectives - defend (until you gather enough resources to build the workshop)
4. build your 3 siege engines once the workshop is built - once sieges are built nothing matters except the direct route the sieges need to travel to take down the opposing enemies stronghold gates.
5. push the middle beyond high perch (northfold crossing - alliance or valorcall pass - horde)
6. once you have the pass(horde) or the crossing(alliance) everyone defend that check point of the event until the sieges take down the gates of the opposing enemy stronghold - nothing else really matters
7. kill the opposing enemies leader - WIN battle get free loot

total time invested, if no one bothers with extra research or wasting time on the extra 2 attack points or people wasting time searching for and killing the rares in the event is around 17 minutes for free ilvl 340 scrapper loot an some very insignificant AP.
11/13/2018 04:55 AMPosted by Crowlay
The same is true for BfA. Yes, I am rep capped with all six factions on my main. But I still have two other 120s to work on. I have dungeons to run. I'm doing warfronts and island adventures. When I get bored of my current capped toons I have three others ready to start leveling through BfA.

The point is I'm not whining here that there is nothing to do. Because there is plenty to do. I'm happy to spread it out and make it last. I had two vacation periods from work at the beginning of October and November this year. Nine days each. I was online for a minimum of eight hours each day just doing stuff.

Er....and when you are done with them are you going to raise more toons up? I bet you love M don't you? Same thing over and over and over and over. If you do not mind that then great....current WOW is tailored just for you. The majority though (this is not a stretch becasue there is no way in hell Blizz has retained even half the players from the start of the xpac) want a game that is entertaining for a couple of toons...not overly repetitive and without having to go back to old xpacs, most of us have already played, just to do stuff there.

Alts are like this to me. If I watch a movie I am usually done with it for awhile. I am not going to go into a different room to watch the same movie and pretend it is somehow different. This is what you are doing. Golly I moved the TV into the basement, the attic, the bathroom....it is like it is a different movie! LOLZ.
Honestly a lot has to do with personal opinion, for example I love world quests, love farming herbs, gear, leveling Alts.

I have tons to do that I enjoy, but at the same time others don't like that, and I get it, not everyone's cup of tea to twink out 4 locks or whatever.

Same and some buds have tons of fun in isle expeditions, but only if it's us. Just random grouping it, it's not so fun.

And honestly I can say the same about most of the content, by yourself it feels kinda daunting at times, but I think the way it's designed is more favorable to friends playing around in there, which, in the pug world does leave that bad taste in the more solo guys mouths.

But personally i enjoy the game plenty, some people don't, if it's not your cup of tea, or your burned out, take a break for a bit, maybe unsub for a month, come back and see if it refreshes the taste a bit for yuh.
11/12/2018 03:38 PMPosted by Sevaryn
11/12/2018 03:24 PMPosted by Tentaclatrix
Every expansion is boring after a few months, doing the same thing over again was never fun and that's been the design since vanilla.

Yeah but I can't think of a lot of expansions where that happened inside the first three weeks.

BFA was released three months ago almost to the day.
11/13/2018 07:13 AMPosted by Varrow
11/13/2018 07:04 AMPosted by Raidén
The problem is that there is nothing I want to do.

This is more what I was getting at in my OP, that perhaps I didn't communicate as well as I could. There is plenty to do, just most of it doesn't feel worth doing. That shouldn't happen 2.5 months into an expansion.

No it shouldn't and especially not when Blizzard goes out of it's way to get people to max level as if that should always be the focus.
As much guff as I give the development team, and as little slack as I cut them, I have to say:

I am enjoying the storylines of the new content.

I really am. It is reminiscent of when Cata ravaged the map and left all these amazing stories in its wake, stories that I had never seen before. It turned a set of awkwardly connected gaming experiences into a textured world full of NPCs who were easily as interesting as any player I met on my way through Goldshire. The Rambo storyline from Redridge was pure magic.

This expansion has a lot of that sensibility to it and that should be worth something, especially because I can see it all coming. I know there is supposed to be new content and I am waiting skeptically to see what you got.

And it has been a fun ride. Sadly, the theme park does run out after a while and I am not looking forward to the part where it all becomes a punishment to unlock things in the future. But to whomsoever it may concern, Battle for Azaeroth PVE storyline content feels great to me.

Well done. In my opinion, quite well done.
11/12/2018 03:24 PMPosted by Tentaclatrix
Every expansion is boring after a few months

idk dude, wrath didn't get boring this quickly.