BfA "has nothing to do"

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
11/13/2018 04:55 AMPosted by Crowlay
11/13/2018 01:03 AMPosted by Jelybeantoes
The thing about it is, the stuff you refuse to do because it's beneath you, we don't want to do either.

I notice, for instance, that you got the 5000 world quest achievement in October of 2017. And yet you haven't reached the 10k achieve. That tells me that you don't like to do world quests and you stopped as soon as you got your rep.

So why should other people do stuff you hate and won't do?
That's a bold assumption. If you think I stopped doing WQs a year ago you are sadly mistaken. I might not have done as many because I got rep capped. But I was still farming AP, especially on alts. I was still gathering gold. I was still doing emissaries for the paragon caches which contained leggos and mounts. I was even doing the Warden Tower quests for the easy honor and marks for transmog.

I was also doing a lot of the other content during the last 10 months of Legion. I was raiding on five different characters. I was farming transmog from old content. I was crafting. I was unlocking artifact appearances. I had plenty to do.

The same is true for BfA. Yes, I am rep capped with all six factions on my main. But I still have two other 120s to work on. I have dungeons to run. I'm doing warfronts and island adventures. When I get bored of my current capped toons I have three others ready to start leveling through BfA.

The point is I'm not whining here that there is nothing to do. Because there is plenty to do. I'm happy to spread it out and make it last. I had two vacation periods from work at the beginning of October and November this year. Nine days each. I was online for a minimum of eight hours each day just doing stuff.

When I get home from work in a couple of hours I might just sit down for an hour and do some fishing to unwind. Take just a bit of personal responsibility for making the most of the game. I could go to Disneyland with a bad attitude and claim there is nothing to see or do that is interesting. It doesn't make it true.

I was mistaken then. You just have set the bar really low and don't see why others won't do everything exactly the same as you. Because everyone else is playing the game wrong and needs to be stopped.
11/12/2018 03:20 PMPosted by Locgar
level an allied race and get heritage armor to make them all jelly.im almost exalted with zandalar on my main.so ill be ready for zandalari trolls in 8.1.i mite lvl a zandalari troll monk for the heritage armor.

thats all im doing in bfa allied races.
you do know you have to reach exaltef with a new faction for zandalari don't you?
11/12/2018 03:35 PMPosted by Orienn
Ya I've beem leveling alts, got 5 at 120 now and 2 others at 110 with thoughts of making another alt when I unlock Nightborne. I've been doing alot of Legion stuff mainly class mounts on each character I've done dk, rogue, monk, warlock, and hunter so far. Waiting for 8.1 to come out to race change my druid to Zandalari, the dh is the other one at 110. Thinking about making a warrior, probably going to make it Nightborne when I finish the rep grind. Been running old raids for wardrobe sets and mounts. I raid with the guild we are progressing on mythic uldir, doing normal/heroic on the alts when we have off nights. I've been pretty busy with stuff to do. I quit around Cata and came back about 2 months before the expac, so for me theres lots of stuff to catch up on.

But I agree with you on WQ's I do the emissaries and ones for war resources. But I've got to like force myself to do them they're such a drag. And IA's are sooo boring. The rewards are so minimal it doesn't even seem like the azerite bar is moving, I'll get like a battle pet after 20 runs, still haven't seen a transmog. Everyone tells me they're really good for leveling alts but when I do an alt I just do the storyline quest grind cause it's what I know.
don't think zandari are out in 8.1
I’m currently trying to get my reps exalted and run more mythics but i’ve been having more fun this past week getting old stuff I missed done and running alts for drop mounts.

I swear I’m going to get those reps done but it’s always such a forced activity for me.
11/13/2018 02:50 PMPosted by Jeffseid
11/12/2018 03:24 PMPosted by Tentaclatrix
Every expansion is boring after a few months

idk dude, wrath didn't get boring this quickly.

It got boring after we smashed the opening raid because it was a joke.

The first 4 months was clear naxx/os/maly in 2 hours and log off because nothing else worth doing.
11/13/2018 06:33 AMPosted by Tiekfu
i feel like whats really missing from wow are ways to progress your character outside of raids/dungeons.

there are no crafting goals, no ability goals, nothing that i see that makes me think 'man i wanna get that'.

i miss having things i wanted that i could grind for. also, enough with the RNG rewards.

I miss these things too, and I think falls under my farmable rewards comments.
WQs I'm done with, I got the rep. No reason to go further, Azerite is lame.

Warfronts I just do the first for 370 piece of gear and then I don't touch it until Arathi rares show up so I can farm mounts.

Island Expeditions I tried farming for the pets and mounts but the drop rate is too low and certain items only drop off certain mobs. So without a Pirate picture on the Island table I'm not going cuz I mainly want the damn parrot mount. Azerite is lame.

I could do arena for the the mount but they changed it. In Legion you just had to win 100 arena matches. It took me 200-300 matches and I finally got a saddle for the bear (which I love). Not you have to win 100 while above 1400 rating or something? Not gonna happen buddy, I'm not that good and I have a life.

I could do PvP for the level rewards but I heard people say it takes a lot longer to level than it did in Legion.

Level alts? Yea maybe but there's no reason to atm because blizz is nerfing the exp in 8.1 so I may as well wait.

I only raid occasionally now, I don't have the patience for it anymore.
You pretty much summed it up. I have barely even logged on for a week now. It feels great to be honest. But yes, there really isn't much for *me* to do in this expansion right now. There is no motivation at all to level alts, which is what I normally do. Just leveling for the sake of leveling is fine but eventually you'll hit that roof where you need a little more to it(which wod/legion brought).

Grinding wqs for AP is something I'd never do to begin with. Not a huge fan of mythic+ and if I were to do it I'd *never* pug it. Raids are meh, haven't even done them even on LFR because they become obsolete the second the new raid tier comes out. It's the same thing there, you have to be in a guild because puging is just bad for your soul.

Which leads me back to the wq/ap grind. I hate it, such a huge time waste but worst of it isn't fun or rewarding at all.
unlock and level allied races and make people jelly.there is something to do.

you just dont want to do it.
Setting aside how boring warfronts and island expeditions are .... the rewards just suck.

There is way too many layers of RNG involved, making any "content" not feel like a good use of my time.

It "feels" like there is nothing to do, because there is nothing I want to do. There is nothing I "want" to do, because the rewards all "feel" like garbage.

So it just creates a cycle of apathy.

I'm not as optimistic about 8.1 as the youtube community.

Currencies work best as bad luck protection (bad luck in raids) or as a "catch-up" for those hard to get slots. Here, it is the only "effective" and reliable way to get gear....which is not even remotely the same.

Blizzard really needs to rethink reward structures becaus they are ruining their own game (content aside).
Chiming In to say that I miss targetable rewards and goals as too much (most everything) is an rng crapfest.
Pre-Legion content involved doing massive amounts of dailies, that to me felt like you had to do them or you'd fall behind on rep. Now you can do the minimum and even then you only need to get to revered.

Sure, Azerite grinding feels bad, but it is something to do.
Island expeditions are something to do.
Mythic+
Warfronts
PvP
Professions
Raids

It seems like people complain because they have to play the game.

Vanilla and BC required massive amounts to play time in order to advance.
Nowadays you can super casually play and get geared.
11/13/2018 02:50 PMPosted by Jeffseid
Every expansion is boring after a few months

idk dude, wrath didn't get boring this quickly.

I wasn't even this bored in WoD... at least I could fool around at my Garrison. Also, the "I'm done with this" factor really didn't bake in (for me) until 6.2

Played BfA beta and felt the original content very thin. Was surprised to learn that much of the touted "allied races" were not baked into the xpac at all, but wholly reliant on old content. Weird. It's almost as if the budget for this game has been slashed to ribbons. . .
You know what gets thrown around a lot? The words "this gets thrown around a lot"
11/12/2018 03:17 PMPosted by Varrow
This gets thrown around a lot, and I find myself in agreement. However, it's not that the content is not in the game. It's just that none of it has hardly any rewards and/or is not engaging to do. Raiding is pretty good I think, and I've liked doing Uldir. Everything else though?

Islands - Not only are they massively boring to me, but they hardly have any rewards. AP doesn't really matter (and you get so little of it anyway). I mean the cosmetics and what not are kinda cool I guess? But the drop rate still doesn't seem so great, and the islands are still super boring. Lack of reward & engagement.

Warfronts - Quite rewarding from a gear perspective, but prettttty boring. Excuse me while I just sit over here and chop wood for 20 minutes. Someone has to do this, it is actually impossible to progress the Warfront without farming the resources. I wish the mobs would drop resources to make the fighting matter more. Lack of engagement.

World Quests - Become irrelevant too quickly. And many of the quests feel designed with no other purpose but to take time. Any world quest that's not killing a rare mob almost always takes a good bit of time. I think Emissaries rewards feel in a good spot after the buff, but World Quests in general? Not so much. Lack of engagement, and kinda meh on reward.

Mythic Plus - I'm not sure if lack of engagement is right for this, but I think Mythic plus design is incredibly frustrating for the "average" player. I won't say I didn't enjoy watching the MDI at Blizzcon, but I have had a real hard time enjoying M+ in BfA. I think it's mostly trash design and how long it takes to clear trash on fortified weeks? Also mobs that have super annoying abilities like the Shipbreaker dude in Shrine of the Storm. Let's just LOS this every 5 seconds after it finishes casting, that's fun! The gear is fine, but I think it's more frustrating than fun with many affixes for your normal player.

AP - Azerite has not felt great, I think farming AP feels even worse. The system might be better in 8.1, but I think the process of getting AP will still feel awful. The weekly cache gives you like 3% of a level, the weekly islands give you like 8% of a level. Then you're stuck grinding world quests all week just to maybe barely get a level up. And what does that level up give you? Probably nothing! Yay! Lack of engagement & reward.

Farmable Reward - Despite all that there's also another problem. There's nothing in BfA that's farmable that feels rewarding. I'm going to go to the Legion 7.3.5 Legendary system here. Yes, Legendaries had a lot of problems, but the ending version of the system was pretty damn good. Basically everything I did in the game gave me currency that contributed toward a legendary. Whether that was main spec, off spec, or even for an alt character. Even if I got no gear, no mounts, no transmog, even when AP didn't mean much anymore, I could still get this currency that allowed me to progress toward something cool. I think the game desperately needs something like this back, so that even if I don't get anything else I at least have something measures my progress toward some reward.

Have you tried getting every single achievement in the game?
11/14/2018 11:08 AMPosted by Milarepa
Have you tried getting every single achievement in the game?

Expecting the game to be focused around the advertised max-level content, like WoW has been forever I don't think is an unreasonable expectation.

Not going back and doing old content.
Island Expeditions, Warfronts, are pretty dull and uninteresting. Sure, they're *something* to do but it's a something to do that makes me want to use my free time for something else. Y'know, play a fun game.

M+ can be fun, but doing it with randoms isn't particularly fun. The mob density makes it more annoying to play through it, especially when there are so many mobs to CC and interrupt so, unless you're overgeared for the instance or running with a static group of players you can trust, it'll usually be a wipe if an extra group gets pulled because a DH dashed at the wrong angle. Or an AoE went slightly too far. Or something bounced to Antarctica. It feels more like a chore to slog through for a chance at something useful. I'm not talking about high-keys either, I'm just talking about "I got time to blow, wanna have some fun for a chance at something decent, maybe knock out a +5 for the heck of it" type of mindset. Not the "I'm pushing a +15" or +20.

I also still don't like how so many buttons are on my GCD. People crap on FFXIV for feeling slow, but at least it felt smooth.

All the expansion really had I found fun was Uldir. Even then, did Normal and most of Heroic before I stopped since... y'know, 20+ boss kills and not a drop or a means to work towards an item I needed from it kinda sucked. That's aside from player-made reasons I stopped and instead just starting messing around on this DH.

Yeah there's... leveling, I guess? It's... kinda dull, not very engaging, exciting, fun and you don't get to play the entire class until you get deep in anyway. Leveling dungeons aren't really challenging, or interesting anymore. Also can't really get friends who aren't leveling to join in for something to do with friends, since there's no scale down system for max level players who go into dungeons. Y'know, outside of Timewalking.

Azerite for the neck feels pointless. Oh, an ilvl upgrade? Oh you need rep to get the maximum out of it? Oh that rep isn't shared? Oh, some minute stats that don't affect the way you build or play your class? At least Legion Artifacts felt like they got stronger and had traits and an ability that made it feel a bit more rewarding to get that next level.

Azerite armor being the way it is still sucks. It's all passive stuff, none of it is... active. None of it really changes how you play your class, in fact, the majority of it you can just forget about and only need to know to stack the best trait that's really just a glorified, barely interacted with passive. RIP tier sets and legendaries. There's like... one trait for my class as Vengeance that interacts with my abilities (Using Consume Magic to take a Beneficial Effect granting an absorb barrier).

Maybe if the things to do were fun, engaging pieces of content I'd want to play the game more.

Well, at least I have Fortuna in Warframe and get to play sci-fi tonyhawk on the open world area with my K-Drive.
11/12/2018 03:20 PMPosted by Locgar
level an allied race and get heritage armor to make them all jelly.im almost exalted with zandalar on my main.so ill be ready for zandalari trolls in 8.1.i mite lvl a zandalari troll monk for the heritage armor.

thats all im doing in bfa allied races.

This guy gets it.

Every expansion is boring after a few months, doing the same thing over again was never fun and that's been the design since vanilla.

Leveling different alts, in different zones/factions/specs is fun to me however.

Was fun. Removing talent points and adding levels really takes away the fun.
I still don’t get the AP hate.

I’ve never much paid attention to it. Doubly so now that all my Azerite armor is fully unlocked.

They rain Azerite down on you around every corner. Not sure why people ‘farm’ it.
11/12/2018 03:17 PMPosted by Varrow
This gets thrown around a lot, and I find myself in agreement. However, it's not that the content is not in the game. It's just that none of it has hardly any rewards and/or is not engaging to do. Raiding is pretty good I think, and I've liked doing Uldir. Everything else though?

Islands - Not only are they massively boring to me, but they hardly have any rewards. AP doesn't really matter (and you get so little of it anyway). I mean the cosmetics and what not are kinda cool I guess? But the drop rate still doesn't seem so great, and the islands are still super boring. Lack of reward & engagement.

Warfronts - Quite rewarding from a gear perspective, but prettttty boring. Excuse me while I just sit over here and chop wood for 20 minutes. Someone has to do this, it is actually impossible to progress the Warfront without farming the resources. I wish the mobs would drop resources to make the fighting matter more. Lack of engagement.

World Quests - Become irrelevant too quickly. And many of the quests feel designed with no other purpose but to take time. Any world quest that's not killing a rare mob almost always takes a good bit of time. I think Emissaries rewards feel in a good spot after the buff, but World Quests in general? Not so much. Lack of engagement, and kinda meh on reward.

Mythic Plus - I'm not sure if lack of engagement is right for this, but I think Mythic plus design is incredibly frustrating for the "average" player. I won't say I didn't enjoy watching the MDI at Blizzcon, but I have had a real hard time enjoying M+ in BfA. I think it's mostly trash design and how long it takes to clear trash on fortified weeks? Also mobs that have super annoying abilities like the Shipbreaker dude in Shrine of the Storm. Let's just LOS this every 5 seconds after it finishes casting, that's fun! The gear is fine, but I think it's more frustrating than fun with many affixes for your normal player.

AP - Azerite has not felt great, I think farming AP feels even worse. The system might be better in 8.1, but I think the process of getting AP will still feel awful. The weekly cache gives you like 3% of a level, the weekly islands give you like 8% of a level. Then you're stuck grinding world quests all week just to maybe barely get a level up. And what does that level up give you? Probably nothing! Yay! Lack of engagement & reward.

Farmable Reward - Despite all that there's also another problem. There's nothing in BfA that's farmable that feels rewarding. I'm going to go to the Legion 7.3.5 Legendary system here. Yes, Legendaries had a lot of problems, but the ending version of the system was pretty damn good. Basically everything I did in the game gave me currency that contributed toward a legendary. Whether that was main spec, off spec, or even for an alt character. Even if I got no gear, no mounts, no transmog, even when AP didn't mean much anymore, I could still get this currency that allowed me to progress toward something cool. I think the game desperately needs something like this back, so that even if I don't get anything else I at least have something measures my progress toward some reward.

This was one of the most well thought out and accurate posts I have ever seen posted on the forums. Bumping for truth.