Fishing Expansions

General Discussion
Can't seem to find an answer to this but can you go back on an expansions fishing when you take another ones?

Example: I have 225 Vanilla Fishing if I decide to learn Burning Crusade Fishing can I go back and finish leveling Vanilla Fishing later or am I locked into Burning Crusade now?
You can level any expansion rank at any time now. They're completely independent of each other. It's great. So yes, you can go back and rank up Vanilla after unlocking BC.
My assumption is that you level based on what zones you are. Fish in Vanilla to get vanilla points, fish in Outland to raise BC fishing.
You can go back. There are also the city dailies and Darkmoon Faire. Both of these give professions points only up to lvl 300, so they level your vanilla skills easily.
Might seem like a dumb question but how do you switch between them? If I go to Stormwind it shows Burning Crusade
11/13/2018 09:17 AMPosted by Thereen
Might seem like a dumb question but how do you switch between them? If I go to Stormwind it shows Burning Crusade
It almost always shows your highest level/current level appropriate type for all of your professions. If you use the Professions tab you can open up the actual fishing skill page and check your current ability at each stage.

Also, remember that some of your areas require you to learn the first step from a trainer before you can begin leveling the profession within that Expansion.

Once you are properly trained to level in an area, when you use the skill you should see the skill up messages.
11/13/2018 09:17 AMPosted by Thereen

You don't need to switch. Where you fish determines what skill it increases. Fishing in stormwind gets you vanilla fishing points, fishing in Borean Tundra would get you Wrath fishing points, etc etc. Its automatic.
11/13/2018 09:20 AMPosted by Burgh
Its automatic.
It is not automatic.
Before you get skill ups in Northrend, you have to visit a Northrend trainer.
11/13/2018 09:25 AMPosted by Romanna
It is not automatic.

It is automatic. I dont need to 'switch' to BC fishing skill when I go to Outland, then 'switch' to BFA fishing skill when I'm in the new zones. As he said, hes already trained BC fishing, so he will get BC skill points in BC zones, and vanilla fishing skill points in those zones. Thats the way he worded the question, so that's how I answered it.
11/13/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Burgh
11/13/2018 09:25 AMPosted by Romanna
It is not automatic.

It is automatic. I dont need to 'switch' to BC fishing skill when I go to Outland, then 'switch' to BFA fishing skill when I'm in the new zones. As he said, hes already trained BC fishing, so he will get BC skill points in BC zones, and vanilla fishing skill points in those zones. Thats the way he worded the question, so that's how I answered it.

^^ yes. No need to worry. Just go by the expansions/level areas. It switches auto just like mining, skinning, herbing, and archeology.
Thanks everyone! Super helpful!