Proposed changes to forums

Tides of Vengeance PTR General Discussion
Blizzard,

Please remove all unsubbed accounts ability to post on any forum except general discussion.

People that are not currently playing the game are cluttering the forums, especially PTR forums with their vitriol when it should only be for paying players who actually test the game.

Please make this change happen ASAP.

ONLY subbed accounts should be able to post on forums that aren’t general discussion.
1000 times yes
I thought it already worked that way and people without active subscriptions can’t post.
11/13/2018 04:11 PMPosted by Rhuna
I thought it already worked that way and people without active subscriptions can’t post.

People without subscriptions can post in the PTR and classic forums. Not sure about any others.
Boycott BfA!
11/13/2018 02:43 PMPosted by Monkeymagick
Blizzard,

Please remove all unsubbed accounts ability to post on any forum except general discussion.

People that are not currently playing the game are cluttering the forums, especially PTR forums with their vitriol when it should only be for paying players who actually test the game.

Please make this change happen ASAP.

ONLY subbed accounts should be able to post on forums that aren’t general discussion.

"Waaaaahhhh please remove all the people disagree with me waaaaahhhhhhhh"
11/13/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Ershan
11/13/2018 04:11 PMPosted by Rhuna

People without subscriptions can post in the PTR and classic forums. Not sure about any others.

I think Customer Support too.

I mean, if Blizzard doesn't want feedback about what would get me to pay again, that's cool with me.
Also - please bring back the Dislike button - your stupid social engineering isn't swaying the opinions of anyone. Just ask all those negative remarks and downvotes that were "changed" with your Diablo Immortal video.
Have you ever heard the Dr. Dre/Eminem song "I need a Doctor?" There's some language in the song, so I can't leave you a link, but you can find it pretty easily on YouTube. It's a good song and I recommend that you look it up. While you're doing that though.

Yes, unsubscribed accounts are able to post on the Classic and the PTR forums, but not elsewhere. I think this was done because when the website was being developed, someone in management remembered when their introductory marketing and management courses told them that the best feedback they could get was from former employees and customers - because those groups are often the most critical and can point out where the company can improve.

It's also said that the worst reaction isn't coming from the customer who is dissatisfied and is complaining about it. It's from the customer who is dissatisfied, says nothing, and leaves forever - because then you never know what you did wrong. The one who IS saying something is someone you can gather data from - and if there are a lot of former customers here now in proportion to the ones who are still subscribed - you can gather inferences from that fact as well.

As for us, if this was just a matter of complaining to give Blizzard grief, there are lots of better places to do that. If I wanted to damage the Company or make them feel bad, YouTube, Reddit, Twitter, etc. are all better forums and mediums to do it with. More people see that and more people can share the content. Instead you have people like myself who will set aside a half hour to an hour of their time to write out posts detailing where the problems are, why they should be fixed, and how they should be fixed. Why am I back now? Because while I left for a raft of reasons, 8.1 is looking like it wants to make progress on the biggest one that caused me to leave in the first place. I want them to succeed in fixing that, and I would love to come back.

I think you see the complaints and think that we're just griefing. I can't speak for everyone, but I think the role we're playing is closer to the one that Eminem plays in the song I mentioned earlier - demanding better from Blizzard, and pleading for them to go back to being incredible again.
There's a reason the PTR game is playable without a sub, and as such there's a reason people without a sub can post on the PTR forum.

It's because Blizzard wants to bring back people who have quit, and whatever reason they quit might have been changed in said PTR, and if it hasn't, they can leave feedback on what they would like to see changed in order to bring them back.

To remove this would be a monumentally stupid decision, because then all that would be left is shills like the OP, that would never criticise anything, no positive changes would ever be made, and the game would bleed out and die within months.

And how would allowing EVERYONE without a sub to post on GD solve anything? it would make things WORSE, this forum is rather tame and actually moves at a relatively slow pace, if the sub requirement for GD was removed however, it would be a crapstorm of biblical proportions.

You're seriously going to try call people out for cluttering the forums with vitriol with YOUR posting history?

https://imgur.com/a/pkU1N5k - just a small example of the stuff you spew.

Yeah okay, buddy.
11/14/2018 07:34 AMPosted by Berronax
There's a reason the PTR game is playable without a sub, and as such there's a reason people without a sub can post on the PTR forum.

It's because Blizzard wants to bring back people who have quit, and whatever reason they quit might have been changed in said PTR, and if it hasn't, they can leave feedback on what they would like to see changed in order to bring them back.

To remove this would be a monumentally stupid decision, because then all that would be left is shills like the OP, that would never criticise anything, no positive changes would ever be made, and the game would bleed out and die within months.

And how would allowing EVERYONE without a sub to post on GD solve anything? it would make things WORSE, this forum is rather tame and actually moves at a relatively slow pace, if the sub requirement for GD was removed however, it would be a crapstorm of biblical proportions.

You're seriously going to try call people out for cluttering the forums with vitriol with YOUR posting history?

https://imgur.com/a/pkU1N5k - just a small example of the stuff you spew.

Yeah okay, buddy.

If this is their desire then they need to start keeping stats on this - how many people playing on a PTR actually start playing after and keep playing for at least 6 months. I am pretty sure they would find the numbers extremely low.

As it is I think there is a whole lot of people who just play on the PTR as a means to 'test' whether or not they want to buy the game. If they didn't get this 'test', they would have to purchase and find out like most of us.
11/13/2018 05:23 PMPosted by Ornasse
11/13/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Ershan

I think Customer Support too.

I mean, if Blizzard doesn't want feedback about what would get me to pay again, that's cool with me.

And this is why there is no need for you to be here.

Welcome to the Tides of Vengeance PTR General Discussion forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss the Tides of Vengeance PTR with your fellow World of Warcraft players, and give feedback on changes currently in testing.

You are supposed to be providing feedback on the changes on the PTR, not here to provide feedback on what changes need to be made for you to pay again.
I see no problems here, it allow us mere european to sometime have a discussion with our fellow american players on the subjet of PTR changes.