void/light interactions revisited

Story Forum
So as per the title, I believe that Robert Brooks really threw a wrench in the working lore universe with the way he described void/light interactions in the audio dramas. If we take his description of how the interaction works, then discipline priests should not be able to exist in the lore at all, let alone the lore pit that is lightforged shadow priests and holy void elves. Most rp'ers use the audio dramas to discredit anyone attempting to rp aforementioned race/class combos, because it is made to be understood that the light and void are mutually exclusive and can't exist within the same being at the same time (example when Lothraxion had the poison forcefully removed from him by Alleria with void magic but it caused him unbearable agony). But then something dawned on me. When the "burning" that occurred caused by Alleria and Turalyon touching each other took place , it happend to BOTH of them. Now let me tell you why this is weird. Sure Turalyon is a lightforged at this point in the story, but Alleria is simply what we would equate to a discipline priest, because up to this point she has not become what we now know as a void elf (after absorbing the fallen na'ru's essense) and has wielded the light and shadow in succession. Why did it burn her too? Wouldn't that mean that someone simply wielding the light and shadow at the same time would be made impossible? Did Robert Brooks accidentally remove the concept of discipline priests from canon? Please feel free to give any and all thoughts on the matter, and thoughts as to how this huge, gaping lore hole can be filled so that all of us lore nuts can finally get a restful night's sleep.

EDIT: to pull this point home even farther with inconsistencies, the idea of void elves even existing following this logic should be more or less impossible all together. Reason: the Sunwell. The Sunwell was infused with holy energy to re-ignite it more or less, and thus the population of Silvermoon as a whole has become suffused with light energy, case in point the new in-game customization for blood elves to have golden eyes, signifying that the light has been infused into their very being. Following the light/void interactions set by Brooks, every single blood elf working on the void project should've exploded when the void attempted to infuse itself into them. If i'm wrong i would love some citing otherwise.
That point about the void elves actually is very interesting. I don't know that much about this topic, but I'm curious now. I think we need more info on this topic, because those things do seem conflicting.
Just because Void Elves can be Holy Priests in game, and Lightforged Draenei can be Shadow Priests in game, does not make it canon. That is simply done in game for balance purposes. It's the same reason Forsaken are considered "Humanoids", even though they are blatantly Undead. (In fact, they used to be considered "Undead", but this caused them to be susceptible to spells like Shackle Undead, so it was changed.)
Oh i fully agree on the continuity vs game mechanics debacle when it comes to the class/race combos themselves, but i'm more interested in the nature of the interaction with the forces themselves in terms of the stated laws of the lore pertaining to the situations such as discipline priests, even regular draenei having been "blessed" by the naruu following this logic should not be able to properly handle void energies.
11/14/2018 02:05 AMPosted by Jawah
Just because Void Elves can be Holy Priests in game, and Lightforged Draenei can be Shadow Priests in game, does not make it canon. That is simply done in game for balance purposes. It's the same reason Forsaken are considered "Humanoids", even though they are blatantly Undead. (In fact, they used to be considered "Undead", but this caused them to be susceptible to spells like Shackle Undead, so it was changed.)

On a related note there was a spell for DKs that did defacto make them undead in-game for the purposes of spell effects. They could be shackled by priests if it was used.

Same with demo locks and becoming a demon. They could be banished if it was used.

Sadly it was removed.