What has happened to the pets we used to get on anniversaries?

General Discussion
11/14/2018 09:10 AMPosted by Aarschott
It's their anniversary, you should be giving them a gift.

Oh i am giving them a gift. they just cant see it.
Doesn’t bother me. I already have hundreds of pets that I don’t care about and I honestly wouldn’t notice if they gave me (or neglected to give) an extra one once a year. At most I would summon it for a few days and then I would quickly forget I even had it, just like all of the rest.

The FoS always felt more meaningful to me than any of the other rewards.
11/14/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Brax
11/14/2018 09:34 AMPosted by Zeropointt
Mage Tower would like a word with you...

And did you miss the huge wave of feedback from players who did not like that it went away? Maybe Blizzard didn't.

Personally I liked the mage tower, and I don't mind the seasonal PVP rewards either (despite never having gotten them.) Still, those are big rewards for major content areas where many players can better understand why its the way it is, whereas the gone forever aspect is probably less justifiable for a fluff item just because you logged in during a particular week.
I liked the Mage Tower too, but what in your experience of WoW has ever suggested to you that they don’t want people having exclusive items?

And since when has a company promoted their “anniversary” and not done something special for the people who showed up? People ITT act like it’s somehow GREEDY of the players to expect that.

I really don’t understand this “good consumer” culture that has sprung up in the last decade where companies don’t owe us anything for our loyalty and we’re “greedy” if we point out that, no, we actually DO deserve an occasional “thank you” from those companies.
I would like to have a mini LIch King Arthas pet that summons even smaller undead minions.

Happy 10th Birthday to Wrath of the Lich King.
https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/1062344335272828933
11/14/2018 08:55 AMPosted by Burlybear
I wonder if Blizzard will ever go back to giving us pets, like the Baby Blizzard Bear.

Now all we seem to get are short acting buffs or Inflatable Thunderfurry, Exquisite Costume Set: "Edwin VanCleef", etc.

I miss getting the pets or even a weapon that I can use.

Wonder what there will be this year.

Would you rather get a pet or mount or a buff?

Pets or mounts definitely over toys and transmog crap.
I think we get to wear those cool anniversary shades again.
11/14/2018 09:06 AMPosted by Lathander
I'd rather get a limited time transmog.
I'd rather the transmogs weren't limited time.
I like Battle Pets, so pets are my preferred gift.
We only got a pet for the 4th, 5th, and 10th year; so no big surprise if we don't get a pet this year. Probably will next year for the 15th year though.,We only got a pet for the 4th, 5th, and 10th year; so no big surprise if we don't get a pet this year. Probably will next year for the 15th year though.
I wonder if Blizzard will ever go back to giving us pets, like the Baby Blizzard Bear.

Now all we seem to get are short acting buffs or Inflatable Thunderfurry, Exquisite Costume Set: "Edwin VanCleef", etc.

I want a souvenir to commemorate the moment. Something like a commemorative pet, mount, transmog or toy that I can use anytime.

A limited duration buff only good for a couple weeks definitely doesn't satisfy and suggests a lack of effort on the dev's part.

im hoping for a horse mount myself that walks on water of course
11/14/2018 05:16 PMPosted by Muiria

im hoping for a horse mount myself that walks on water of course

you're probably the only person in the entire alliance that wants another horse, water walking or not. XD

for me i would like something i can keep. mount/toy/pet/tabard all lasting things i could use whenever i choose. i have the van cleef and other things in my bank but i'll never use them because when i do they're gone. i'd rather keep the items in my bank and look at them when i want to.
It's hard to say what they'll do from year to year. The best approach is to expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised when something actually does happen.