Warmode = Hordemode?

General Discussion
Legit I rarely see any alliance anymore in WM. Never have I been contested on a summoning stone except for the lonely individual brave alliance. Do you think Warmode is a success or failure? If so, why?

Edited: Typos
Complete success because it allows those who want to opt-out of PVP: the ability to do so (just like you could opt-IN to pvp before).

It's also a success in illustrating that as a whole: World Player vs Player Combat in WoW is not enjoyable.
11/14/2018 03:49 PMPosted by Bogo
Complete success because it allows those who want to opt-out of PVP: the ability to do so (just like you could opt-IN to pvp before).

It's also a success in illustrating that as a whole: World Player vs Player Combat in WoW is not enjoyable.

Do you believe the lopsided nature of warmode effects how much players enjoy world PVP? Or do you just find world PVP not fun to begin with? Doesn't that detract from those who do enjoy it that it's a mostly-dead-game-type now?
11/14/2018 03:49 PMPosted by Bogo

I guess that would have to depend on how you define "success", since yours doesn't actually seem to involve doing PvP to get PvP rewards.
11/14/2018 03:45 PMPosted by Kithelle
Legit I rarely seen any alliance anymore in WM. Never have I been contested on a summoning stone except for the lonely individual brave alliance. Do you think Warmode is a success or failure? If so, why?

You must not be looking very hard.
we are fine on the rp servers.

but i'd appreciate it if servers like bleeding hollows and area 52 would stop invading our realms....
11/14/2018 03:53 PMPosted by Xukon
11/14/2018 03:45 PMPosted by Kithelle
Legit I rarely seen any alliance anymore in WM. Never have I been contested on a summoning stone except for the lonely individual brave alliance. Do you think Warmode is a success or failure? If so, why?

You must not be looking very hard.

I did for awhile, actually, but gave up on it. I was clearing the map of nearly every single world quest for the first 6 weeks and even then the pickings were somewhat slim. It's anecdotal, to be fair. My experience is not everyone's experience.

I do know that I can sit afk for hours near portals or world quests and have more fear of NPC's killing me than players. That seems like a system that isn't being played very much.
For my Horde toons it's been an amazing success, for my Alliance toons. I gave up. Until they fix the sharding system my Alliance toons are choosing the safe slightly slower road.

(puts out a lovely little tray of cookies for all to enjoy)
11/14/2018 03:53 PMPosted by Jelybeantoes
I guess that would have to depend on how you define "success", since yours doesn't actually seem to involve doing PvP to get PvP rewards.

full disclosure:
I stopped playing WoW for about 12 years after the Rank 14 pvp grind wore me out.

I'm done with PVP and I think I have a pretty good understanding of the limitations of "PVP" in the WoW engine.
Warmode is our newest racial +10% on every World Quest Rewards!

Enjoy =)
11/14/2018 03:59 PMPosted by Archmage

Enjoy =)

That's honestly what it feels like. A 10% bonus for being horde. There's honestly no danger of getting ganked at all.
11/14/2018 03:59 PMPosted by Archmage

Enjoy =)

mostly fair on this server, friendly horde (mostly)
friendly alliance (mostly)

but we get hateful invaders sometimes, forming 40 raids from pvp realms who want to prey upon role playing realms....

hate those guys....
RP servers are balanced, proof that those are the superior servers.
Well, if you're a cat, then the cat & mouse game is great.

If you're the mouse, then it's not so great.
I tried it out a few times.

Saw only Horde 99% of the time.

The weird thing is out of the hundreds of times I came across Horde, only one time a Blood Elf rogue attacked me while I was mining a node (he ran off when he failed to kill me and was on low health).

Other times I came across Horde, even when they outnumbered me, they simply left me alone or greeted me or in one case a Goblin Warlock kept following me around and tickling me O.O
11/14/2018 04:09 PMPosted by Dreadmoon
I tried it out a few times.

Saw only Horde 99% of the time.

The weird thing is out of the hundreds of times I came across Horde, only one time a Blood Elf rogue attacked me while I was mining a node (he ran off when he failed to kill me and was on low health).

Other times I came across Horde, even when they outnumbered me, they simply left me alone or greeted me or in one case a Goblin Warlock kept following me around and tickling me O.O

I see this happening a lot as someone on the Horde side of the fence. I tend to leave you alone. I think a lot of us just feel sorry for your side of the field at this point. It's obvious that it is lopsided.

11/14/2018 04:02 PMPosted by Hawkéns
but we get hateful invaders sometimes, forming 40 raids from pvp realms who want to prey upon role playing realms....

I have seen a few of those. Very few, but they happen from time to time. Alliance will form some group of 10-20 people to roam around. Then they get squashed into non-existence within minutes of the horde finding out. It then just becomes a slaughter.
Yeah its an issue.

Its always funny watching certain individuals who play Horde try to belittle Alliance as losers or cowards or whatever. From my point of view playing the overpopulated faction is more cowardly than the underdog.

If you had any guts you'd be playing the underdogs.
In my eyes wpvp has never been worthwhile. So even with incentive of warmode is not generally something i have on, regardless of faction.

I just loathe all pvp. But lets be real what good is the world atm? Once you reach a certain gear and rep level the only content that is actually worth doing becomes instanced mythic plus, raids, and bgs/arena.

The rewards from the wqs lost thier value in a month. Legion wq where generally worth doing the entire expac.

Warfronts are only worth spamming depending on your gear.

Expeditions are only worth using to level or doing the minimal weekly amount.

The rng of getting the extra rewards is still crap. The dubloon vendor isn't going to fix jack.

I do the 4 wqs for the emmisary but aside from that bfa's world is basically pointless for my main here and as for my 2 level 120 alts. They too will stop benefitting from the world in the next few days.

Bfs lacks real longevity.
11/14/2018 04:13 PMPosted by Kithelle
I have seen a few of those. Very few, but they happen from time to time. Alliance will form some group of 10-20 people to roam around. Then they get squashed into non-existence within minutes of the horde finding out. It then just becomes a slaughter.

ya... they attacked boralus 3 times in a row in a hour of different time to go on a rampage, that failed shortly, but they came into stormsong and killed everyone.

Theres a difference in attacking a faction out of faction pride, and attacking a realm just to fulfill your kicks of pvp needs....
11/14/2018 04:15 PMPosted by Valarien

If you had any guts you'd be playing the underdogs.

No, I play what I enjoy. I enjoy the Horde. Have since Vanilla. My reasoning for joining the Horde 14 years ago had little to do with underdogs; if anything I was one because I was 10 and my parents were Alliance. I was able to get 0 help from them once I switched.