Warmode = Hordemode?

General Discussion
It's funny because I actually see quite a few Alliance in war mode most of the time.

So either everyone's lying or the sharding is making war mode stupid.
"War" should be brought back to Warcraft.....Not this convenient on/off switch.
11/14/2018 04:15 PMPosted by Valarien
Yeah its an issue.

Its always funny watching certain individuals who play Horde try to belittle Alliance as losers or cowards or whatever. From my point of view playing the overpopulated faction is more cowardly than the underdog.

If you had any guts you'd be playing the underdogs.

It's true. My alliance friends report having tried WM and the wait for horde to clear out on the quests just isn't worth it. A few of them have tried Horde alts and are surprised at the contrast.

It's equally not fun to be on the side that's dominating. Slaughtering a single alliance as 8 random horde isn't really challenging.
11/14/2018 04:19 PMPosted by Byniri
It's funny because I actually see quite a few Alliance in war mode most of the time.

So either everyone's lying or the sharding is making war mode stupid.

It's all anecdotal. Everyone's experience will vary. I am just able to convey my own personal view on the system. The only people who know the true numbers are Blizzard, and they don't release those metrics.
Totally unrelated, OP your mouth sorta looks like a duck bill in your avatar, and I can't stop seeing it. I demand you stop wearing that mask or whatever.
11/14/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Bipzi
Totally unrelated, OP your mouth sorta looks like a duck bill in your avatar, and I can't stop seeing it. I demand you stop wearing that mask or whatever.

LOL! Thanks now I can't not see this. <3
11/14/2018 04:15 PMPosted by Valarien
Yeah its an issue.

Its always funny watching certain individuals who play Horde try to belittle Alliance as losers or cowards or whatever. From my point of view playing the overpopulated faction is more cowardly than the underdog.

If you had any guts you'd be playing the underdogs.

And play an inferior race? Even you’re posting as a belf instead of your main. That must take guts.
11/14/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Bipzi

I thought the same exact thing when I first opened this forum. Minus the demand part lol. To funny.
As a horde...The faction imbalance is super obvious and something must be done to get more people to play alliance, I'm not sure what that is..but more and more people are re rolling horde every day and making it even more lopsided..I legit feel bad for alliance in WM..I don't even bother attacking them at this point unless they attack me 1st...I don't even know how they get WQ done..All I see is horde...I got attacked by a lone alliance mage other day doing a WQ before I even could fight back, 15 other horde members came from no where and just pounced the poor fella and even chased him out into the ocean...I feel bad man.
Y'know. warmode would be great if the shard you go to when WM is active had a Per Faction population Cap.

1500 alliance
1500 horde

For example.

Oh and also if grouping in war mode outside of instance groups was restricted.
Finally Wpvp will die like it needs to. More focus on pve content. The small exp buff isn't gonna do much to urge players to waste time pvping. It's only a tool to get players to flag themselves so the opposing faction in most cases horde players won't get bored. But if players really want to end pvp they would avoid warmode all together. Let it be stuck to just battlegrounds and arena.
tried WM on my alliance, get killed by gank squads, horde everywhere, no alliance around to help.

tried it on a horde alt, never saw any alliance leveling to 120, never see alliance while questing. bonus XP and resources.

it really does feel like a horde bonus.
I'm in warmode right now in north stv and don't see many hordes at all