HEALERS SHOULD NEVER WIN VS DPS 1V1

Arenas
THIS GAME IS BROKEN, A HEALER SHOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO 1V1 A DPS LET ALONE 1V2, WHY IS IT HEALERS ARE ABLE TO DO SO MUCH DMG IN ARENA, THIS GAME IS A JOKE, SO MUCH OFFHEALING ONTOP OF HEALERS BEING ABLE TO HELP NUKE OR CARRY THE TEAM WHEN IT COMES TO A 1V1, IF DAMP IS HIGH AND I CANT SELF HEAL THEN HE SHOULD'NT BE ABLE TO PUMP OUT DMG AS A HEALER, AS A HEALER HE SHOULD GET A DMG REDUCED BUFF AS TIME GOES ON AS A DPS MY HEALS OR FOOD DO NOTHING AS DAMP GOES ON YET A HEALER CAN PUMP OUT CRAZY DMG THE WHOLE TIME WHILE SELF HEALING LIKE A GOD STILL AND THIS IS THE DUMBEST THING IVE EVER SEEN, YEAH IF YOUR QUESTIN AS A HEALER I COULD SEE WHY U NEED DMG BUT NOTHING ELSE NOT EVEN PVE !@#$ SO WHY IS IT THEY DO SO MUCH DMG?????? MAYBE FIX THIS PROBLEM AND ARENA WOULD BE A LOT MORE SMOOTH, THE FACT U HAVE HEALERS MONGO WITH THE DPS IS DUMB AF, I FOR ONE AM FINALLY DONE WITH WOW, LIKE GIVE THE HEALERS MORE HEALING % RATHER THEN DMG LIKE THIS GAME IS SO STUPID WHEN IT COMES TO ARENA LIKE THEY DONT EVEN CARE, WHY DO WE PAY ALL THIS MONEY FOR A GAME WHEN IN RETURN THEY DONT CARE ABOUT IT
Yes they should, get better.
Damn where’s that git gud mage? Should be stopping by shortly
11/14/2018 06:10 PMPosted by Qwanda
Damn where’s that git gud mage? Should be stopping by shortly

Someone is always picking on the little guy.
A HEALER CAN 1V1 ALMOST EVERY DPS AND WIN IN AND OUT OF ARENA, WHY IS THIS OK? HAS NOTHING TO DO ABOUT BEING GOOD, EVEN THE BEST PLAYERS IN THE WORLD ARE GONNA LOSE
Lol! Is he trolling?

Nice level 1 orc shaman btw... You do lots of arenas at that level?
Jesus Christ.

Wall of text and broken caps lock.
It's clear troll post but I'll bite I guess, git gud
11/14/2018 06:10 PMPosted by Neltherial
Yes they should, get better.

No they shouldn't because Healers aren't supposed to be able to do damage. Most healers need a 70% dmg nerf in Arena. Nothing a healer does should hit for more than 3k.
Healers should absolutely win vs any dps 1v1.

they should be able to outheal your damage, otherwise healing would be pointless if 1dps could outdamage a healer...

So if that is the case, they should eventually be able to kill you via death by a thousand cuts.
As obnoxious as the OP is, healer's shouldn't have a blanket advantage in a 1v1 at low levels of dampening. Right now they're virtually unkillable by most DPS solo. This wasn't the case in TBC, Wrath, or Cata.
11/15/2018 05:46 AMPosted by Traficant
As obnoxious as the OP is, healer's shouldn't have a blanket advantage in a 1v1 at low levels of dampening. Right now they're virtually unkillable by most DPS solo. This wasn't the case in TBC, Wrath, or Cata.

yes it was and it always should be the case...

If every dps can easily kill a healer 1v1 then healers would be useless in 3's as 2 dps would tunnel one person and do unhealable damage.

a healer freehealing should be able to heal through 2 dps mongoing.

thats why CC exists.
11/15/2018 05:49 AMPosted by Kallie
11/15/2018 05:46 AMPosted by Traficant

If every dps can easily kill a healer 1v1 then healers would be useless in 3's as 2 dps would tunnel one person and do unhealable damage.

thats why CC exists.

No, it wasn't. You still had the potential to kill a healer by yourself Vanilla-Cata since resource management was still a thing. Also note that I didn't say easily, and two dps should always be able to kill a solo healer whose team isn't peeling for them. Stop talking because your vision of what the game should be (what it is now) is garbage.
11/15/2018 05:58 AMPosted by Traficant
11/15/2018 05:49 AMPosted by Kallie

thats why CC exists.

No, it wasn't. You still had the potential to kill a healer by yourself Vanilla-Cata since resource management was still a thing. Also note that I didn't say easily, and two dps should always be able to kill a solo healer whose team isn't peeling for them. Stop talking because your vision of what the game should be (what it is now) is garbage.

notice I said a healer should be able to outheal 2dps while freehealing...

1 dps being able to outpace a healers 1v1 healing should never be a thing, even if it isnt "easy".
No, it wasn't. You still had the potential to kill a healer by yourself Vanilla-Cata since resource management was still a thing. Also note that I didn't say easily, and two dps should always be able to kill a solo healer whose team isn't peeling for them. Stop talking because your vision of what the game should be (what it is now) is garbage.[/quote]

Been playing since bc, and I can’t think of anytime that dps could could 1v1 my disc priest, not without a healer keeping them up in which case that is a 1v2.

Right now, a good fury war can kill me eventually, but that’s the only class I can think of.

And as far as healers damage being too high, I agree with that, and would be ok with it being lower, IF, and this is the real problem, all hybrid healing was drastically reduced if not removed completely. Someone said a healer shouldn’t be hitting for more than 3k? Why is it ok for dps to heal larger numbers than me as a healer? I’ve seen rets crit heal for 60k+, no spell I have as disc can crit that high. A fury war can outheal my damage completely until I go oom. Tell me please why a dps can heal but a healer can’t dps.

If a healer can’t easily outheal at least 1 dps, then healers wouldn’t exist, period. As it has always been, healers NEED to scale about 1.5x a single dps, maybe even closer to 1.75x
asmodean makes a good point...

If my mistweaver cant do any damage then all dps shouldnt be able to heal... period

so take my dps if you take

all hybrid heals
crimson vial
fury heals
victory rush
vamp embrace

you get my point
The only healer that I couldn't solo on my Mage over a large period of time was a RDruid, namely the Dreamstate TBC variant. Note that killing them wasn't my damage outpacing their healing back then, it was a cat/mouse game involving a lot of resets until I eventually oom'd them. And we agree on hybrid healing (and ANY pure dps self-healing) being ridiculous. As far as I'm concerned removing the hybrid tax and introducing abilities like recuperate in Cata were some of the earliest steps in tanking PvP in this game.
11/15/2018 06:23 AMPosted by Kallie

If my mistweaver cant do any damage then all dps shouldnt be able to heal... period

all hybrid heals
crimson vial
fury heals
victory rush
vamp embrace

you get my point

But mistweavers literally do the second most dmg out of any healer?!?
11/15/2018 06:50 AMPosted by Awlday
11/15/2018 06:23 AMPosted by Kallie

all hybrid heals
crimson vial
fury heals
victory rush
vamp embrace

you get my point

But mistweavers literally do the second most dmg out of any healer?!?

think you missed the point